Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-21-2013, 03:28 AM   #121
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Thomas Robinson traded to the Rockets

Cousins, "you want me to stay you better bring in some of my old college friends".

Kings about to make a trade for Bledsoe next.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:32 AM   #122
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Cousins, "you want me to stay you better bring in some of my old college friends".

Kings about to make a trade for Bledsoe next.

Where did he say that? The Kings made the move to cut costs. If they are going to bring in any college friend it may as well be Wall lol.
Apprently they are going to make another move theres reports involving Atlanta and maybe someone else.

Last edited by andremiller07 : 02-21-2013 at 03:39 AM.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:36 AM   #123
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What I don't get is the Kings didn't even give Robinson a chance. Why would you draft a guy at #5, not give him a chance to play, then trade him half way through his rookie season?

This trade obviously had nothing to do with trying to build a winning basketball team.

I don't think Rockets are worried about winning now. They have some nice young talent signed for the next 4-5 years, and are 1 key player away from being a perennial playoff team... which isn't easy out West.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:36 AM   #124
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Where did he say that? The Kings made the move to cut costs. If they are going to bring in any college friend it may as well be Wall lol.
Apprently they are going to make another move theres reports

It was a bad joke, sry.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:03 AM   #125
tomtucker
NBA rookie of the year

tomtucker is starting to rub some people the wrong way

rockets gonna be good now....... .......Lakers should have jumped on T-rob........why didnīt they
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:03 AM   #126
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
It was a bad joke, sry.

it was a good joke
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #127
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This isn't a lateral move for the Rockets. The little money they saved gives them enough space to offer someone else a max contract this summer.

The Kings got the best player in the deal. If T-Rob becomes as good and steady as Patrick Patterson I'd be surprised.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #128
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Mr Exlax has decent reputationMr Exlax has decent reputation

So wait who's our starting PF now? I liked Robinson in college. Love that motor and that grit. You have to have that in the west.
Mr Exlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #129
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
So wait who's our starting PF now? I liked Robinson in college. Love that motor and that grit. You have to have that in the west.
I assume it will be T-Rob, this season when Jason Thompson got into foul trouble early he beasted quiet a few games. He will probably be the best rebounder on the Rockets squad the guy when hes into a game literally pulled more boards than in a short amount of time than Thompson, Hayes or DMC.

T-Rob has a little bit of a butter fingers issue but he makes up for it with the speed and hustle. He at times tends to rush things but hes got way better with that as the season has gone on. His jumpshot is so-so and he will be backed down easily by bigger PF's. Elite athlete and seems like he wants to get better but never got a true chance in the Kings since JT played very solid @PF.

Last edited by andremiller07 : 02-21-2013 at 09:08 AM.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #130
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Quote:
I assume it will be T-Rob, this season when Jason Thompson got into foul trouble early he beasted quiet a few games. He will probably be the best rebounder on the Rockets squad the guy when hes into a game literally pulled more boards than in a short amount of time than Thompson, Hayes or DMC.

T-Rob has a little bit of a butter fingers issue but he makes up for it with the speed and hustle. He at times tends to rush things but hes got way better with that as the season has gone on. His jumpshot is so-so and he will be backed down easily by bigger PF's. Elite athlete and seems like he wants to get better but never got a true chance in the Kings since JT played very solid @PF.

Appreciate that bro. I can honestly say I haven't seen a single second of him playing this season lol.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #131
supe12sta12z
I hit open layups

supe12sta12z has an OK reputation so far

Robinson is a much better rebounder than Patterson. Watching him in college, he's also better than Patterson at running the floor and plays with more energy overall. The reason why this trade hurts the Rockets isn't because of Patterson. It's the combination of both Patterson and Morris. They are losing a lot of production this year. But I don't think they care as they aren't expected to contend this year and with Robinson, he is a rookie and still has the potential to be better than Patterson.
supe12sta12z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #132
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

I wonder how long it's gonna take for them to start printing up the Robinson jerseys. I wanna get one ASAP!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:00 AM   #133
Miles and Miles
High School JV MVP

Miles and Miles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Lmao do you actually watch Kings games or are you that dumb? IT is one of the worst passing/IQ PG's in the L and is the worst starting PG in the NBA. IT is dumber than anyone in the starting 5. Dude can't even run a pick n roll to save his life or assist anyone for a easy bucket. I love IT but to act like he has decent BB IQ is beyond idiotic.

Have you not watched Tyreke or DMC play for more than 5 minutes? Tyreke has been playing the same way since his rookie year and everyone in the league knows he's going to drive to the basket but he will still do it no matter what. Even if there are 3 guys in the paint to stop him. DMC make moronic passes that make me lose my mind ever night. Turnover after turnover just on stupid plays that a 5th grader that has learned the game wouldn't make.
Miles and Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #134
Miles and Miles
High School JV MVP

Miles and Miles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I agree, T-Rob is going to be a solid player I don't see him being a superstar but its what the Kings got in return which is a complete joke.I think the Kings mistake was actually drafting T-Rob when we had more use for Drummond/Lillard/Barnes. Its just one horrible move after another.

I don't see him as a star either although his hustle and hops remind me a Gerald Wallace the one year we had him. This deal also reminds me of giving up Gerald Wallace in the expansion draft too, stupid.
Miles and Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #135
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is a rather weird trade. Shouldn't the Rockets want more established guys rather than an unproven rookie? They trade away solid rotation pieces for him? Weird. Must be for cap and next year. Not bad pick up either with T-Rob.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: