Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #16
millwad
Banned

millwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this board
Default Re: Buying a new phone, keep it real with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923

Haha, troll.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #17
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello
It's because you're a loser.
Was that ever in question?
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:06 AM   #18
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
I saw that but I don't really see why anyone would choose the iPhone 5 over the S3, it's almost the same thing as as the iPhone 4 and 4s. And you won't probably agree but I have a really hard time to see any difference between the 4 and the 4s. And with that said, I have a really hard time seeing any major differences between the 4s and the 5 other then size so iPhone is basically selling a 2.5 year old phone with some few upgrades.

Yeah, the lag was why I bought an iPhone and I loved it and I still like my phone ALOT. But just as you said, the new JellyBean is really smooth and a tried out the Galaxy S2 with the JB release a couple of days ago and I honestly didn't feel any difference in smoothness and fluidity which is also why I'm going back to Android next time I buy a phone.

The ecosystem is really nice but there are too few updates and too few new things that would actually make it attractive for me.

The APPS, yes, I prefer the iOS apps but I can still find every APP important app I need on the Android market as well so I don't really care about some games.

Well, you're underrating the Android market, it has improved a lot during the last year and other then a couple of few games I don't really see a major difference.

The S3 similar to the 5? c'mon dude, that's just ignorant. I can see the argument vs the 4S and 5, but the S3???????

Haven't tried the new Jelly Bean, but the other version still lagged when compared to iOS.

Few things for iOS ecosystem? dude, they dominate the entire accessory market, you have Airplay built in to things, there's more devices that are iOS compatible than Droid, the app market comes out first and often exclusively for iOS, if you go to most places it is far more likely that they'll offer iOS compatibility >>> Droid, that's just off the top of my head. Hell even some of the Google apps are better on iOS than they are in Droid.

Whenever I go check out an app review, or announcement I notice that 8/10 times it's an App Store exclusive. Some may probably maybe come to Droid, and even then it will be late, and not supported as well (aka bad half assed app), but many more will remain for the iOS with no plans of coming to Droid.

Again, I'm an appaholic, I don't expect everybody to be like me, but the amount of times Droid users wish they could have some of the apps I have is endless. They always feel left out when they can't get certain apps, or they can't use Airplay etc.etc.

And we haven't even touched on the updates.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:11 AM   #19
millwad
Banned

millwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this board

http://geekaphone.com/compare/Apple-...-III-Quad-Core

I rest my case.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:24 AM   #20
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

nothing beats the the nexus 4 @ $299 unlocked.

if you can find one that is
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:20 AM   #21
flipogb
Banned

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

just keep using an Iphone and stay with your Apple crowd
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:29 AM   #22
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No sense in getting the S3 when the S4 is almost out. Not a fan of the Nexus series after working with Sprint and working directly with the last two Nexus'. The Galaxy series is a fantastic series, but you're sacrificing battery capacity and reception quality. However, supposedly the S4 takes care of all of that.

The iPhone 5 feels cheap in your hands. My favorite iphone has been the 4 series.

Check out the HTC One if you have AT&T, Sprint, or T-Mobile. Specs look amazing.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:49 AM   #23
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ATM I have no phone, my blackberry that I have been using for 2 years finally died for good 2 days ago

Should I wait till march 14th (release of S4) and be without a phone for 3 weeks or just get the S3 right now? Im with Sprint right now, but if I switch to Tmobile which I probably will, I get the S3 free w/2yr contract. And the thing about the S4 is, idk if it will have any problems with it and on top of that, I might have to pay up front money + the 2 year contract.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:55 AM   #24
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 has not been impressing people

I'm currently using an Iphone 5 right now, and I can tell you that it's the best smartphone that I had have. I'm having no problems whatsoever, and the speaker is fantastic. I can listen to my music clearly and loudly.
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:03 AM   #25
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnew09
I'm currently using an Iphone 5 right now, and I can tell you that it's the best smartphone that I had have. I'm having no problems whatsoever, and the speaker is fantastic. I can listen to my music clearly and loudly.

Uh… oh…. didn't you get the memo?

Iphone SUCKS and it's completely inferior to any Droid phone. Besides, only Apple f@gots use them.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:48 AM   #26
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
Uh… oh…. didn't you get the memo?

Iphone SUCKS and it's completely inferior to any Droid phone. Besides, only Apple f@gots use them.

I'm just giving my opinion based on my experience. I didn't even read anything you posted. Why bother when you aint no expertise?
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:14 AM   #27
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnew09

lemme guess..the only other smartphones you've tried are the previous iphones?
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:28 AM   #28
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

hey guys thanks for the input.

since i have a Macbook (yes i know, wackbook) ill probably be leaning toward an iPhone. That way all my apps and iCloud stuff can be easily relayed.

Just wanted to know if any of the phones were that good to be worth the switch.

I given too much rep in the last 24 hours, as soon as I can I will.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #29
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
hey guys thanks for the input.

since i have a Macbook (yes i know, wackbook) ill probably be leaning toward an iPhone. That way all my apps and iCloud stuff can be easily relayed.

Just wanted to know if any of the phones were that good to be worth the switch.

I given too much rep in the last 24 hours, as soon as I can I will.

Same reason I've stuck with the iPhone, Macbook pro, iPad. The iPhone 4S is everything I've wanted in a smart phone. The 5 is an upgrade, but a small one and you need a different cord (minor inconvenience I know). For me right now there's just not enough to compel me to upgrade from the 4S.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #30
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
I've had the same iPhone for 3 and half years. It's been giving me problems lately, so I'm looking to buy a new one.

Give me the quick rundown. Should I get a Iphone 5 or S3? Or is there something better (Z10? HTC?)

for rep.
if you can, wait a few months. There are some amazing new phones coming down the pipe. The htc one was just revealed a few days ago. The Google/Motorola X phone, the Galaxy S4 and the Note3 will be out by this summer. if you need to get an iphone, wait for the iphine 5s

Wait for it if you can. Real talk.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: