Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #31
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Buying a new phone, keep it real with me.

I've used both android and iphone and to me the the iphone is still light years ahead in terms of reliability, smoothness, lack of glitches, etc.

If you wanna do sh*t like streaming HD movies to your video game system or take 3d videos, or install a custom UI go android. If you want a smartphone that simply works well and won't f*ck up get the iphone. Don't let some 17 yo kid at the phone store tell you any BS that droid phones are as reliable. The super strict app store requirements and the uniform hardware of the Iphone inherently make the phone far more reliable. The customizability and openness of android come with a price. Its a trade off.
DukeDelonte13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #32
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
I'm an Apple Faqqot
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #33
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Beautiful
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #34
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
if you can, wait a few months. There are some amazing new phones coming down the pipe. The htc one was just revealed a few days ago. The Google/Motorola X phone, the Galaxy S4 and the Note3 will be out by this summer. if you need to get an iphone, wait for the iphine 5s

Wait for it if you can. Real talk.

Which also means they should be some great deals on the S3 or other great phones this summer. I got my Droid X that way and it was free.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #35
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
I've used both android and iphone and to me the the iphone is still light years ahead in terms of reliability, smoothness, lack of glitches, etc.

If you wanna do sh*t like streaming HD movies to your video game system or take 3d videos, or install a custom UI go android. If you want a smartphone that simply works well and won't f*ck up get the iphone. Don't let some 17 yo kid at the phone store tell you any BS that droid phones are as reliable. The super strict app store requirements and the uniform hardware of the Iphone inherently make the phone far more reliable. The customizability and openness of android come with a price. Its a trade off.
i can say the exact same thing, except i prefer Android. I've owned 4 iPhones and 2 iPads. after my first android phone I went back to an iPhone briefly and could not stand it. ios feels so old and outdated. i love the flexibility android provides me, and i'm on a gs3 right now and have had no issues whatsover. the myth that iphones run perfectly is laughable. i had plenty of issues with my iphone phones.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #36
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputation

I'm waiting for that HTC one.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #37
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing

Beautiful

Wow, that's a great looking phone right there.

I recently made the switch from Android to Windows Phone, and if you can deal with the limited ecosystem for the time being, there's good stuff in the future for WP8. The phones themselves stand out from the rest of the crowd (i have an htc 8x), to the point where I've been stopped and asked what device I'm using from strangers. Like I said though, it's missing a few things that I just came to expect from Android like separate sound profiles for media/calls/texts/etc, and a decent file manager...but being part of a rising brand is pretty cool in itself, there are new things to do each day.

My phone:
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #38
redhonda76
Go NY GO NY GO

redhonda76 is considered somewhat coolredhonda76 is considered somewhat cool

I had an iPhone for 2 years but switch to S3 and I'm glad I've made that choice. The Android is a better superior OS than the iOS. It is a true multi-tasking unit and with unlimited customization. The iOS is out-dated and boring. Everyone I know that had a iPhone, switched to S3 and they didn't regret it.
redhonda76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #39
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

Beautiful
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit thats sexyyyyyyy
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #40
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit thats sexyyyyyyy

thats the new HTC One, coming out in March. 1080p 4.7inch screen. latest qualcomm snapdragon quadcore cpu

this is a demo of one of their new software camera features; HTC Zoe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mu9imlyj5o

i must say im impressed
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #41
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
thats the new HTC One, coming out in March. 1080p 4.7inch screen. latest qualcomm snapdragon quadcore cpu

this is a demo of one of their new software camera features; HTC Zoe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mu9imlyj5o

i must say im impressed
always smile and sequence shots... damn man i iz impressed
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #42
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:

Beautiful
is it wrong that i fapped to this?
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:15 PM   #43
Nanners
Great college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I recently upgraded from a 3 series iphone to an iphone5 and I have no regrets.... although I do get a little bit jealous whenever I see someone playing with a windows 8 phone. One of my good friends recently got a nokia lumia and it is a really ****ing nice phone.

iOS user interface seems ancient when you compare it side by side with a new windows phone. At a glance, the iphone UI looks exactly like it did 6 years ago when I got my first iphone, although back then there was not even an option to change the background image. I dont want apple to start screwing with the interface just for the sake for updating it, just saying that compared to the live tiles of a windows 8 phone, iOS feels stone age.

That said, iOS and iphone are about as stable, reliable and easy to use as any other smartphone available. A stable and reliable phone is a lot more important to me than cool features like a live tiles, a 20 megapixel camera or an awesome 7" screen. One thing that helps apple in terms of reliability is that apple controls the iphone and iOS from start to finish, meaning it will not suffer from fragmentation like Android and windows phone. Dont get me wrong, not saying that windows 8 or android phones are necessarily any less reliable than the iphone. Just saying Apple makes high quality products and from my personal experience my iphone has never let me down.

Also I already have so much invested in stuff like the app store and itunes that it would be a big and expensive pain in my ass to switch to a windows 8 phone. I am kind of trapped with apple whether I like it or not.

Last edited by Nanners : 02-21-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:27 PM   #44
Asiantastic
30 Rock

Asiantastic has an OK reputation so far

I'm planning on getting a Nokia Lumia 920 quite soon. The UI is fluid and looks great too.

I hear a lot of people complaining that the Windows Phone Ecosystem doesn't have enough apps, but I don't quite understand how many apps someone really needs. It seems like there's plenty to get around.
Asiantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:41 PM   #45
Nanners
Great college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiantastic
I'm planning on getting a Nokia Lumia 920 quite soon. The UI is fluid and looks great too.

I hear a lot of people complaining that the Windows Phone Ecosystem doesn't have enough apps, but I don't quite understand how many apps someone really needs. It seems like there's plenty to get around.

I would say that this is semi true. I am speaking from 10-20 minutes playing around with my friends lumia 920, but one of the things I checked was the app store. In terms of the sheer number of apps, the apple and android stores are light years ahead, but I was suprised by how many of the big name apps were available on the windows store.

If you search the apple store for a type of games, like "word games", there are tons of them - scrabble, words with friends, words by post and countless other variants. The windows store might only has 2 or 3 word games, but how many word games does a person need?

I might be wrong on my next point, but if I recall correctly, google is not developing windows 8 phone apps at this time because win 8 phone only holds like 1-2% of the market. That means there is no official app for things like youtube and google maps. There are third party apps that allow you to use youtube and google maps, but they leave a lot to be desired when compared to the official google maps app on android or iphone. I would go so far as to say that apple maps is better than the map app on my friends lumia.

Ultimately, in terms of sheer number of apps available nobody is close to Android and Apple right now. That said, I have an iphone and I use maybe ~5-10 apps downloaded from the iOS store on a regular basis, and I would bet there are equivalent apps to the ones I use regularly that are currently available on the windows phone store.

Last edited by Nanners : 02-21-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: