Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-22-2013, 12:03 AM   #46
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Buying a new phone, keep it real with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
thats the new HTC One, coming out in March. 1080p 4.7inch screen. latest qualcomm snapdragon quadcore cpu

this is a demo of one of their new software camera features; HTC Zoe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mu9imlyj5o

i must say im impressed

I wonder what the price of this will be. HTC is advertising a $100 cash refund or the cash value for your old phone for folks who upgrade
http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/ht...70557_52933804
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:35 AM   #47
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Nanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I dont understand why microsoft has not spent more time and money developing top notch apps that are W8 phone exclusive. MS is the biggest software company in the world, cant see the logic in waiting around for app developers to come to them when it would be relatively easy for them to create a truckload of top notch software to go with their new mobile os.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:36 AM   #48
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

n00bie is considered somewhat cooln00bie is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
I've had the same iPhone for 3 and half years. It's been giving me problems lately, so I'm looking to buy a new one.

Give me the quick rundown. Should I get a Iphone 5 or S3? Or is there something better (Z10? HTC?)

for rep.

Z10 is pretty similar to all the other smart phones out there. If you like apps, you probably won't be happy with the Z10. Might as well go for an Iphone 5 or S3.. more apps to choose from.

I personally am sick of having a phone with no keyboard. Can't wait till the Q10 comes out.. but that's just me.
n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:27 AM   #49
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've been using an HTC MyTouch for a few years now with no issues. Been thinking about upgrading for awhile. Probably get that HTC One, looks nice. How big is that compared to the S3 though? Because the S3 is borderline too big IMO. The Galaxy Note 2 is ridiculously big.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:44 AM   #50
Asiantastic
MITCH!?

Asiantastic has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
I dont understand why microsoft has not spent more time and money developing top notch apps that are W8 phone exclusive. MS is the biggest software company in the world, cant see the logic in waiting around for app developers to come to them when it would be relatively easy for them to create a truckload of top notch software to go with their new mobile os.

It's really a never ending cycle. WP is not considered as much by consumers due to its lack of apps, and app developers aren't willing to port their apps over to WP since it has such a small fanbase.

If Microsoft has to make all of their apps on their own, it would be relatively expensive and time consuming.
Asiantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:02 AM   #51
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Nanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiantastic
It's really a never ending cycle. WP is not considered as much by consumers due to its lack of apps, and app developers aren't willing to port their apps over to WP since it has such a small fanbase.

If Microsoft has to make all of their apps on their own, it would be relatively expensive and time consuming.

I think MS should just bite the bullet in terms of the expense of app development in the sake of giving people more reasons to buy their phones. Creating windows phone 8 in the first place was expensive and time consuming, might as well go the distance to give it the best possible chance of really taking off. Microsoft is seriously wealthy company. If they dont want to develop phone apps themselves, they could buy one of the leading app developers like zynga with their pocket change.

Last edited by Nanners : 02-22-2013 at 02:04 AM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:34 AM   #52
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
thats the new HTC One, coming out in March. 1080p 4.7inch screen. latest qualcomm snapdragon quadcore cpu

this is a demo of one of their new software camera features; HTC Zoe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mu9imlyj5o

i must say im impressed

This is nice.

I like some of the photo editing features, very good, useful and well implemented.

I'm still weary of phones this big tho. Hell I think the iPhone 5 is still kinda cumbersome in my jeans. I also don't find it as easy as some to fully operate the iPhone 5 with one hand either. I use it, just find it awkward at times to reach top left corner and some other parts.

It is nice to look at, just an inconvenience for me.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:21 AM   #53
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

I've had the Lumia 920 for a bit now and I'm very satisfied with it. The apps haven't necessarily been an issue with me, I mainly see people griping about not having Instagram and since I have no desire to use Instagram then it's not a problem with me. Nokia Drive has worked great for me so far, third party apps like MetroTube (for YouTube obviously) have done everything that I've asked at least, podcasting stuff can use some work though. The Facebook and Twitter integration with the phone has worked out nicely too if you're into that stuff. The only thing I'm really pissed about is that I don't think they're going to have streaming capabilities with the MLB At Bat app, but I have a tablet that can do that for me if I'm on the go so its not a huge loss.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #55
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
Since I got home to Sweden I gave my iPhone to my girlfriend and took her S2 instead since they've released the JB update for the phone.

With Jellybean the 4s has nothing on the S2 and even less on the S3 and the iPhone 5 is basically the same phone as the 4s but with a bigger screen. Will never get myself an iphone again, I think..
after i initially left the iphone/ipad for android, i briefly went back...couldn't take it for more then a week. ios had felt so old, stifling, and stale...had to return to android immediately.

at this point, i would even get a windows phone before an iphone.

Last edited by rezznor : 02-25-2013 at 02:55 PM.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #56
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
5 is basically the same phone as the 4s but with a bigger screen.

You keep saying the 5 is the same as the 4S but it's not.

The 5 is def faster (noticeable in many apps). Plus you get LTE capabilities along with other features like better front and back facing cameras, better graphics (for gaming), lighter, thinner (both extremely noticeable), more durable, sturdier stronger construction (both screen and cover are noticeable stronger), new Bluetooth, say what you want about the new lightning port but it's superior and well worth the upgrade, charges much faster and it's easier to plug in.

Then there's apps that simply look and feel better in the larger format, this much cannot be understated.

I didn't think a taller screen would be a big deal, but grouped with a thinner, lighter and sturdier form the entire experience is worth it. I still don't think I can use a wider phone tho. So even if Apple does release a wider phone I doubt I'll get it. My hands won't operate it as fluidly with one hand.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #58
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

I somewhat prefered IOS (iPhone) over Android (samsung) at first, due to the apps i had and the compatibility with things i wanted, but i wanted a big screen as i watched alot of movies, played games and browsed... a media phone which i could put in my pocket aswell, iPad was out of the question.......

What i wanted is an iPhone with the screen size of Galaxy S3 or Galaxy Note 2 and since that didnt go down with iPhone 5, i went with the Galaxy Note 2 anyways.... and lets just say i am very happy, GOAT phone....

iPhone 5 is just a waste if you had/have iPhone 4s (which i also have), not worth it really, except for the microscopically taller screen (while keeping the same screen width as iphone 3-4). Was very disappointed...

Note 2 > Galaxy S3 > Iphone 5/4

After you used Note 2 you will think any phone is sooooo horrible (tiny, slow, massive movie/gaming/browsing experience difference), you will get dramatically spoiled with greatness that using any other phone will feel like a major stepdown....

With that being said if you also prefer great movie/gaming/browsing experience and you already bought iPhone 5 then try not to use/test Note 2 (or probably even S3), you will feel like you made a very bad decision.

Last edited by pauk : 02-25-2013 at 04:31 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote