Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #61
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Buying a new phone, keep it real with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
I wonder what the price of this will be. HTC is advertising a $100 cash refund or the cash value for your old phone for folks who upgrade
http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/ht...70557_52933804
I think I'm going to go with this. I was going to get a GS3 but it was too big. The LG I settled with for $50 is terrible. $100 gift card for a $50 dollar phone. Pretty good.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #62
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlver
I think I'm going to go with this. I was going to get a GS3 but it was too big. The LG I settled with for $50 is terrible. $100 gift card for a $50 dollar phone. Pretty good.
Man that offer is tempting, I'm pretty happy with my Lumia 920 but not having MLB At Bat is killing me. I have to do more research on this phone.

*edit* just realized my last two posts were quoting you, I swear I'm not a stalker
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #63
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
I'm not saying it's exactly the same but personally I notice very little difference.

In terms of speed I haven't felt any difference, hell, I don't even feel any difference in speed when it comes to the 4s and the 4.

Yes, the size is as I mentioned different and so is the weight, 4 inch screen is still a pretty small one. And I really find it amusing that you always change your mind regarding what you prefer as soon as Apple make changes.

You used to say that screens bigger than 3'5 are too big, now when Apple made it 4 inches you're suddenly a fan of that exact size. And since Apple decided to go with a longer rather than wider screen, you're a bigger fan of the longer screen type.

I mean, honestly, the next iPhone can smell like shit and you will go, "I didn't think I would like the smell of shit but now when I've tried it, I like it!"...

Regarding the new improvements, yes, the iPhone 5 is better but not by much at all, the difference is a small one and for normal users I am more than sure that no one would be able to tell any difference at all if they were the same size and looked the same.

And most embarrassing of all, look at this comparison between the s2 and the iPhone 5;

http://geekaphone.com/compare/Apple-...ng-Galaxy-S-II

Then a comparison between the SGS 3 and the iPhone 5;
http://geekaphone.com/compare/Apple-...-III-Quad-Core

And last but not least, soon we'll have s4 on the market.

Bottom line, I don't understand why you're always so obsessed with telling people about how amazing the iPhone is. I am writing from what I've experienced and you can't change what I have experienced.

Personally I'm tired of the boring iOS, the same look since the first iPhone. I'm tired of small improvements and suddenly people go nuts over bogus. I'm tired of the shitty iTunes and the stupid USB-cable.

You may not feel the difference but I do in certain tasks and apps. Does it warrant the upgrade? that's a personal decision. I upgraded for one huge reason…. LTE. Everything else is just a plus. Because others can't tell, it doesn't mean that 'I' don't. I can tell and so can others

In regards to me changing my mind.

I've said that others phones are too big, and I still believe that since I can't fully operate the iPhone as it is today due to its width. Most of the other phones aren't just taller they're also WIDER, which I have an issue operating fluidly. The 'height' which is what Apple actually increased is usable to 'me'. I don't have long fingers, so it becomes annoying to use it with one hand fluidly. Is it hard to believe that? IF Apple does release a wider iPhone, maybe they'll address both concerns. Perhaps they'll release an iPhone that has the same physical case thickness but a larger screen. How can they do that? by getting rid of the borders on the side. There's some mockups based on reports floating around. The iPad minis can already detect whether one is holding the phone or operating it so the screen can be increased. I'd be able to use the phone more fluidly under those circumstances.

And while size, weight and construction may not be important to 'you' it is for others. The iPhone is easily and very noticeably thinner and lighter. It is also more durable than recent models. This isn't something that can be dismissed because 'you' don't think it matters. It clearly matters to some users.

As far as me trying to promote how great the iPhone is…

Simply because I give a different opinion than what you guys give? So you guys can praise and worship other phones while giving false information (at times) and trashing the iPhone (and for the most part its users), yet I give the opposing view and I'm called out for it? laughable if you ask me. I've corrected many of your claims and brought to light something many people may not have known about. Which is essentially what I do when something incorrectly is posted. Just how you've dismissed my posts, some have thanked me via reps and pms. In the past, I've helped other users understand their Macs and learn to appreciate them, or help convert other users. They've confessed that they bought into the entire "mac sucks" mentality because they were misinformed due to the Anti-Apple propaganda. But now they've had a change of heart, so basically if you go read almost all of my posts, they consist of me simply correcting myths, lies and rumors. The OP of this thread asked for assistance and I offered a Windows phone as the first alternative.

The Apple cable is superior than the micro usb that other phones use (do some research it has some benefits micro doesn't provide).

Last edited by andgar923 : 02-25-2013 at 05:31 PM.
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #64
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

My timeframe for a new phone just got moved up.

I'm on Verizon, but I want to look at cheaper plans. Any suggestions?
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #65
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

wait a few months. alot of exciting phones are coming out soon. late spring/early summer.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #66
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
wait a few months. alot of exciting phones are coming out soon. late spring/early summer.
I am trying to wait as well but I need one for work ASAP. I think I am going to get another battery and try to hold out for the keyboard blackberry
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #67
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
I am trying to wait as well but I need one for work ASAP. I think I am going to get another battery and try to hold out for the keyboard blackberry
yeah a new battery should cost around $10-$20 bucks. i would be pissed if i bought a new phone now and then have the new models come out in just a month or 2.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #68
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

You can also wait for this baby:

pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #69
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk

Gs4, note 3, motorola x-phone, new nexus, htc one are all going to be superb phones
Old 02-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #70
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

We were looking into verizon but their prices are really high. We went with t-mobile. We're spending around $220 for unlimited min for my parents, 500 for my sister and I, unlimited texting, and unlimited data.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #71
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk

This thing is huge, I would rather get an iPad with phone capabilities. A couple of my classmates write notes with their iPads and it looks so convenient. You can open up powerpoints and write on them.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #72
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
This thing is huge, I would rather get an iPad with phone capabilities. A couple of my classmates write notes with their iPads and it looks so convenient. You can open up powerpoints and write on them.

I can almost guarantee that is not the phone. I believe it is just rumor going around about what it looks like.

Samsung is scheduled to have a meeting next month to unveil the S4 I believe so we'll see what happens. That phone looks like the S2 and Note. The S3 is much sexier then that.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #73
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Found my new phone

Old 02-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #74
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Found my new phone

yeah, I hear you, these things are getting too large.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #75
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Amazon wireless has the Samsung SIII for a penny if you are a new Spring Customer.

Have to look at their service in Brooklyn, but very, very tempted by this.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: