Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #76
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Buying a new phone, keep it real with me.

So I've just been browsing around at different phones and looked into the Nexus 4. I remember a lot of people here at ISH were giving it great reviews, but I've seen far more negatives in sites online. It mostly deals with lack of expandable storage capacity and lack of LTE. Can someone explain how those features would be deal breakers for someone who streams music while running, would (sometimes) stream baseball games when convenient (when Wi-Fi is available), and wants to put some music on the phone (but not a bunch)?

Also would the phone be good enough to hold up for about a year until they would plan on upgrading?
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #77
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
So I've just been browsing around at different phones and looked into the Nexus 4. I remember a lot of people here at ISH were giving it great reviews, but I've seen far more negatives in sites online. It mostly deals with lack of expandable storage capacity and lack of LTE. Can someone explain how those features would be deal breakers for someone who streams music while running, would (sometimes) stream baseball games when convenient (when Wi-Fi is available), and wants to put some music on the phone (but not a bunch)?

Also would the phone be good enough to hold up for about a year until they would plan on upgrading?

best phone for tmobile, if you go with another carrier get a gs3 or wait a few months
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #78
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anyone got a review on a Blackberry Stom II? I currently have a 9780 and my colleague is giving me his
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #79
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Some things to consider:

Does your carrier have LTE in the city you live in?
If so, how fast and strong is the signal?
What's your data cap on it?

LTE can be faster than most people's home WIFI, but it'll also drain your battery faster, so make sure you check out how much the battery lasts with LTE on.

Since you're gonna be streaming music you really don't need too much space, so an expandable memory card isn't a deal breaker. I don't have any music stored locally on my phone because I can just stream it.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #80
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
Some things to consider:

Does your carrier have LTE in the city you live in?
If so, how fast and strong is the signal?
What's your data cap on it?

LTE can be faster than most people's home WIFI, but it'll also drain your battery faster, so make sure you check out how much the battery lasts with LTE on.

Since you're gonna be streaming music you really don't need too much space, so an expandable memory card isn't a deal breaker. I don't have any music stored locally on my phone because I can just stream it.
There is LTE coverage in SOME areas of where I live I think because a neighboring city has it (Modesto, CA). Usually I just connect to Wi-Fi wherever I'm at regardless to save data (I'm on a 3GB a month plan).

Rezznor, I'd like to wait a few months to get a better phone, but Windows Phone not having the MLB app is absolutely a deal breaker for me. There's a chance I'll be living out of a hotel over the next three months to train for a new job so I'd need access to scores and stuff on the go, that's why I'm stepping up my efforts and trying to see what the best, most affordable, and longest lasting option would be.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #81
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
There is LTE coverage in SOME areas of where I live I think because a neighboring city has it (Modesto, CA). Usually I just connect to Wi-Fi wherever I'm at regardless to save data (I'm on a 3GB a month plan).

Rezznor, I'd like to wait a few months to get a better phone, but Windows Phone not having the MLB app is absolutely a deal breaker for me. There's a chance I'll be living out of a hotel over the next three months to train for a new job so I'd need access to scores and stuff on the go, that's why I'm stepping up my efforts and trying to see what the best, most affordable, and longest lasting option would be.
in that case, i would suggest getting a nexus 4. it's $350, but NO CONTRACT. that's the big draw to it. use the phone on tmobile or any pre paid plan and you get a huge discount on your services, like about half off for the exact same service min/data. then, when a new phone comes out and you want to upgrade you can easily since you can get it subsidized and sign a contract for if you want and then sell off your nexus 4
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #82
Canelo_Griffin
I hit open layups

Canelo_Griffin is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

I have been using a Nexus 4 for the last couple of weeks. The storage limitations isn't an issue with me since I don't use my phone to store music or movies. I still got the 16 GB just to be on the safe side tho. As far as lack of LTE, I doesn't bother me either as I upgraded from a Droid X with 3G.

I purchased it through the google play store and went with Straight Talk for my carrier. I'm paying $45 a month for unlimited talk, text and data. I have their ATT sim card so im basically paying half of what I would be paying if I had gone straight to ATT.

However, I did read that you do get throttled after you exceed certain data limits. I don't want to push it so I try to use Wifi whenever possible. Also, for my signal I have full bars most of the time with an H on top. Don't know what the H stands for but the internet browsing is pretty fast. At least faster than my 3G browsing so I don't know if that's saying much
Canelo_Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: