Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #16
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Prime Kevin Garnett vs Prime Kobe Bryant ?

Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:29 PM   #17
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
2006-2008 Kobe was better than KG EVER was.

03 and 04 KG was pretty damn good...
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #18
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysio
idgaf how good all around kg was. he was never even close to being as good a scorer as mamba. anyone that think this is even close is a retard.

That's the problem. Only judging someone based on scoring potential.

Prime KG all day long.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #19
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation here

Well considering that they both played at tthe same time during their primes, and Kobe was considered a better player throughout the 2000's...

i don't see how it's a discussion

KG's prime was in the 2000's.

Kobe was voted the best player of the decade.
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #20
takai
Fly for a White Guy

takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster

Kobe.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #21
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

christian1923 has decent reputation

I see no argument for KG. kobe vs Tim Duncan is more of an actual discussion.
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:37 AM   #22
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Pretty much my thoughts. KG was a beast, don't get me wrong. But he's built as a super Pippen type player. If Kobe had Gasol in 2006 and 2007, I'm pretty confident he gets to the WCF in each of those seasons.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:44 AM   #23
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

at this thread

Only Prime Jordan, KAJ and Magic has an argument over Prime Kobe.. Facts!
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #24
Vertical-24
Hollywood

Vertical-24 has decent reputation

Quote:

/endthread
Vertical-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:16 PM   #25
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian1923
I see no argument for KG. kobe vs Tim Duncan is more of an actual discussion.

TD was better than both KG and Kobe
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #26
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster

Garnett obviously a better player than Kobe ever was. Resumés aren't close though.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #27
Vertical-24
Hollywood

Vertical-24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Garnett obviously a better player than Kobe ever was. Resumés aren't close though.

I disagree entirely. Although I will call it debatable to be fair, I think Kobe was the actual better all-around player. Kobe from 2006-2008 was one of the greatest players i've ever seen. As comparable to Jordan as you can get. He could do it all, and do it all with ease. Particularly scoring, which he did in his sleep.

Better scorer? Prime Kobe by a landslide. Defense? I'll give that to Garnett, though Kobe was an incredible man-to-man. Rebounding? Favorable to the big man. Playmaking? Kobe. Athleticism? Kobe. And when it comes to the Post, Kobe is right up there. Defense/Rebounding is all Garnett has over him.

Garnett is great and in his prime was amazing. But Kobe was astonishing.
Vertical-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #28
The Choken One
<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3

The Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryThe Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryThe Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Prime Garnett wasn't able to make it out of the first round for the most part. I get that he was all alone, but still.

Legacy wise, Kobe.
Prime wise, Kobe.
EVERYTHING wise, Kobe.
The Choken One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #29
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical-24
I disagree entirely. Although I will call it debatable to be fair, I think Kobe was the actual better all-around player. Kobe from 2006-2008 was one of the greatest players i've ever seen. As comparable to Jordan as you can get. He could do it all, and do it all with ease. Particularly scoring, which he did in his sleep.

Better scorer? Prime Kobe by a landslide. Defense? I'll give that to Garnett, though Kobe was an incredible man-to-man. Rebounding? Favorable to the big man. Playmaking? Kobe. Athleticism? Kobe. And when it comes to the Post, Kobe is right up there. Defense/Rebounding is all Garnett has over him.

Garnett is great and in his prime was amazing. But Kobe was astonishing.

Garnett is closer to Kobe offensively than Kobe is in comparison to KG's defense. KG anchored all time great defenses and I'm not sure if Kobe has done the same equivalent on the offensive side of the ball. Although some of the greatest offenses in league history have not really been title contending type teams so I'm not sure how relevant that is to the discussion.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #30
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Choken One
Prime Garnett wasn't able to make it out of the first round for the most part. I get that he was all alone, but still.

Legacy wise, Kobe.
Prime wise, Kobe.
EVERYTHING wise, Kobe.

When Kobe was alone he wasn't getting his team out of the first round too.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: