Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-22-2013, 05:03 AM   #16
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: my top-5 players at each position

QB:

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Peyton Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. 2 way tie btwn Big Ben and Eli (rings over rooks)

RB:

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Marshawn Lynch
3. Ray Rice
4. Arian Foster
5. Doug Martin (spectacular rookie campaign by the Muscle Hamster)

WR:

1. C. Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald (Give the man a QB!!! Travesty what he's going through)
3. A.J Green (a stud but I fear for his health w/ that Kevin Durant frame)
4. A. Johnson
5. Julio Jones (this kid is a stud)

TE:

1. Vernon Davis (unmatched threat at the TE position, physical freak)
2. Rob Gronkowski
3. Jason Witten (kills my Giants every time, respect to him)
4. Jimmy Graham
5. Heath Miller

T:

1. Ryan Clady
2. Russell Okung
3. Joe Thomas
4. Trent Williams
5. Tyron Smith

(looks about right to me but to be fair I'm not too knowledgeable on the offensive linemen of most teams)

DT:

1. Geno Atkins
2. Haloti Ngata
3. Justin Smith
4. Vince Wilfork
5. Gerald McCoy

DE:

1. JJ Watt
2. Jared Allen
3. Jason Pierre Paul (ppl overlook just how great of a run-stopper he is)
4. Charles Johnson
5. Julius Peppers

OLB:

1. DeMarcus Ware
2. Von Miller
3. Clay Matthews
4. Aldon Smith
5. Terrell Suggs

MLB:

1. Patrick Willis
2. NaVorro Bowman
3. Daryl Washington (Cards suck but this dude is a beast)
4. James Laurinaitis
5. Jarod Mayo

S:

1. Dashon Goldson
2. Earl Thomas
3. Ed Reed
4. Thomas DeCoud
5. ???

(shit... 'Safety' was pretty hard lol)

CB:

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Patrick Peterson
3. Richard Sherman
4. Charles Tillman
5. Antonio Cromartie

Last edited by ClutchOver9000 : 02-22-2013 at 05:06 AM.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #17
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Is Elvis Dumervil really a top 5 DE? I don't even think Bronco fans would get behind that. He's terrible at defending the run and felt like he got alot of his sacks at end of games this year when the game was out of reach. Guess he still finished with 11 sacks and had 6 forced fumbles, thanks to Rivers.

Kind of a one trick pony, who probably benefited alot from playing with Miller in that regard.

I'd take somebody like Pierre Paul, Chris Long, Mario Williams over him and I cheer for Denver
I'd definitely put Peppers, JPP and Chris Long over Elvis. Elvis is a rusher, nothing more, and a DE should be able to do more than rush the passer.

Chris Long is probably top 5, he's very underrated, maybe the most underrated DE in the league.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #18
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

JPP had a down year but I forgot all about Chris Long...he is top 5 for sure.

Chris Clemons is up there too...as well as Peppers

Dumerville had a ton of forced fumbled if I remember correct...which put him over those others for me
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #19
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah Elvis had 6 FFs

That's a shit load of loose balls

as well as 11 sacks which is great
Old 02-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #20
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Oh shit I forgot about Suggs too...he would knock Spencer off the list for sure...probably top 3
Old 02-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #21
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
No way in hell he gave up 7 sacks. He gave up 3 AT MOST. He's also by far the best run blocker in the NFL, not even close. He straight up destroys defenders in the run game.
http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playersta...d=8803&team=34

6 sacks allowed...4 false starts...1 holding call

I know that entire Houston line is fantastic at run blocking though...probably very well coached line
Old 02-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #22
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

AlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation here

Reshad Jones from the fins is easily a top 5 safety this year and has had a much better year than donte whitner easily. I'm not trying to be a homer but if you watch his games or have looked into him, its pretty clear he's one of the best safeties in the league.4
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #23
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Eric Berry is a top 5 safety to me as well. He started off slow this year after injury but he picked it up and played like the Berry of 2010 the second half of the year.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #24
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

I don't know about Reshad Jones but IMO Berry hasn't done a whole lot in the NFL yet...I think he got into the Probowl purely on draft/name hype

1 pick...10 pass deflections..0 FF...meh

I know stats aren't everything but he has none...

Rashad Jones has 4 picks and 2 forced fumbles...I haven't really paid attention to him but at least he has something on his stat page
Old 02-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #25
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

I think part of the problem is that all the rule changes have really hurt the safety position the most...they can't lean into WRs anymore without a fine, they almost have to let them catch the ball is some occasions
Old 02-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #26
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

AlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I think part of the problem is that all the rule changes have really hurt the safety position the most...they can't lean into WRs anymore without a fine, they almost have to let them catch the ball is some occasions
Reminds me of this play by Reshad Jones http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqaMkMZpx5k

Can't believe they penalized the clean as hell hit

His stats alone are no doubt in your top 5 but his play is top 3.
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #27
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I find the lack of London Fletcher disturbing
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #28
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I find the lack of London Fletcher disturbing

You shouldn't. He was garbage this season.

And LMAO at Elvis Dumervil being a top 5 defensive end. LMFAO. The dude straight up sucks. Any Broncos fan will tell you that. He's putrid at defending the run and all his sacks are garbage time sacks.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #29
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-productivity/

according to PFF Elvis was a top-20 pass rusher in terms of just pressure

can't find anything on run defense though...if he really does suck at that then perhaps he isn't top-5

he has as many forced fumbles as anyone though...IMO that is a big deal
Old 02-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #30
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...arrelle-revis/

this is awesome, just noticed it...Revis vs. Sherman

if some of you aren't aware...the two of them had a huge Twitter war the other day...funny stuff
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: