Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-14-2008, 08:30 PM   #1
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Deltron 3030 - Quite Possibly the Best Hiphop Album I've Ever Heard

And if it isn't, it's certainly my favourite. Easily the best concept album, that's for sure. I know it's been out for quite a while, but I just recently caught word of it, and I just finished listening to it.

I was blown away.

The whole thing is a masterpiece. The story is fantastic, with the lyrics keeping a relatively strict attachment to it. The lyrics are tight, nothing absolutely mind-blowing, but well above average. The production though, that's where this thing shines through. It uses really eerie and somewhat futuristic beats, setting the tone for the entire album.

It's amazing, if you haven't checked it out, do so as quickly as possible.

Here's the first track, 3030, which sets the story that the rest of the album weaves through.

Link

I'm still in awe right now, this was ridiculous.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:35 PM   #2
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Deltron 3030 - Quite Possibly the Best Hiphop Album I've Ever Heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
And if it isn't, it's certainly my favourite. Easily the best concept album, that's for sure. I know it's been out for quite a while, but I just recently caught word of it, and I just finished listening to it.

I was blown away.

The whole thing is a masterpiece. The story is fantastic, with the lyrics keeping a relatively strict attachment to it. The lyrics are tight, nothing absolutely mind-blowing, but well above average. The production though, that's where this thing shines through. It uses really eerie and somewhat futuristic beats, setting the tone for the entire album.

It's amazing, if you haven't checked it out, do so as quickly as possible.

Here's the first track, 3030, which sets the story that the rest of the album weaves through.

Link

I'm still in awe right now, this was ridiculous.

Memories.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This album was the music taste test that me and my music snob friends used in high school to determine coolness.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:51 PM   #4
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

he had a nice laid back flow... i was feelin the beat even though the drums were weak, it'd be nice to roll an L and smoke to

and this second verse...

Quote:
del i'm feeling like a ghost in a shell
i wrote this in jail playing host to a cell
for the pure verbal, they said my sentance was equivalent to
murder
just another hurdle, i bounced through a portal
i knew they had the mindstate of mere mortals
my ears morphed to receptors to catch ya
every word about gravity control
and the families they hold for handsome ransoms
on the run with a handgun blast bioforms, I am more
than a planetwide manhunt with cannons
will make me abondon my foolish plan of uprising
f**k dying I hijack a mech
controlling with my magical chance so battle advance
through centuries a hip hop legacy, megaspeed
hyperwarp to automator's crib and light the torch

they can't fight the force,
victory is ours once we strike the source
enterprising wise men look to the horizon
thinking more capitalism is the wisdom
and in prison all citizens in power with rythm
we keep the funk alive by talking with idioms
that just flowed too smooth... he was reaching a lil bit in the first verse with the vocab, but this verse was smooth. i might have to give this dude a look

edit:

didn't know this was del tha funky homosapien under just "del", i've seen him live a few times and actually met him backstage at a devin the dude concert. i've heard one album of his but it was kinda weak compared to this

Last edited by hito da god : 04-14-2008 at 09:01 PM.
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:56 PM   #5
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Check out the whole album. I'm pretty sure he's the same guy on a lot o the Gorillaz songs too. Or at least a few of them, although I can't remember which.

Mastermind
Positice Contact

Great stuff.

Quote:
victory is ours once we strike the source
enterprising wise men look to the horizon
thinking more capitalism is the wisdom
and in prison all citizens in power with rythm
we keep the funk alive by talking with idioms
Love those lines.

Last edited by RidonKs : 04-14-2008 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:59 PM   #6
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Check out the whole album. I'm pretty sure he's the same guy on a lot o the Gorillaz songs too. Or at least a few of them, although I can't remember which.

Mastermind
Positice Contact

Great stuff.
Yes he is.

Trivia: He is Ice Cube's lil cousin. Cube's production company produced his early stuff. Del was a prodigy.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:01 PM   #7
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

blasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation here

I love this album. Dan the Automator is an amazing producer and Del is one of the most creative emcees out there. I've heard that the two are making a sequel. Hope it comes out soon. Also, has anyone heard Del's new album? I was thinking about getting it but I didnt really like the first single.
blasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:45 PM   #8
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Del's "Future Development" is one of my favorite albums of ALL TIME. Was it even ever released on CD?
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:52 PM   #9
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
Del's "Future Development" is one of my favorite albums of ALL TIME. Was it even ever released on CD?
According to Wiki, it was originally released in Japan as a cassette, but then rereleased a few years later in the US.

Just found a guy who has it, I'm about to give it a listen. Should be good.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:53 PM   #10
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

As far as concept sc-fi hip hop albums go Deltron is good, but Dr. Octagon is the best IMO. Its Kool Keith and Dan the Automater. Dan Automater produced the whole thing with the exception of Prince Paul who produced one song.

Dr. Octagon set the standard for all the fans of the genre should listen to it.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:54 PM   #11
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

Phesto has an OK reputation so far

One of my fav albums all time. I might be biased to Hiero stuff though
Phesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:56 PM   #12
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vragrant
As far as concept sc-fi hip hop albums go Deltron is good, but Dr. Octagon is the best IMO. Its Kool Keith and Dan the Automater. Dan Automater produced the whole thing with the exception of Prince Paul who produced one song.

Dr. Octagon set the standard for all the fans of the genre should listen to it.

I like Dr. Octagonolagyst more than I do Deltron 3030. Deltron is great, but Kool Keith is a ****ing maniac and has a twisted edge I enjoy. Deltron is very safe and poppy. Dr. Ock is on some other ****.

"Hung from a tree in Johannesburg, halo's were found at the landing site" that's crazy **** right there. I used to get stoned and listen to this album just tripping balls.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:56 PM   #13
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Operation: Mindcrime >>> any other concept album.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:57 PM   #14
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

I dunno, maybe its just me, but that guys voice is annoying as hell. he's just talking.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:58 PM   #15
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

"update your grey matter cause one day it may matter..."

3030 is one of my faves of all time too.

and yeah the emcee is del the funnky homosapien. he did stuff with the gorillaz also and is the founding member of the hieroglyphics crew. you should check them out as well.
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: