Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-27-2013, 11:56 PM   #181
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Mysterious Death of Elisa Lam

IMO, in no point in the video does it seem like she is panicking. When she hides in the upper right corner of the elevator, it seems like she heard a door open on the right side of the hall. The bathroom is located to the right, so the noise could have been somebody exiting the bathroom. I read somewhere that the people staying on the first 5 floors are not allowed to go on the higher floors. If that's the case, she wasn't supposed to be on the 14th floor in the first place. This video is recorded when the elevator was on the 14th floor and her room is located on the 4th. She didn't want to get caught on the floor, but it didn't seem like she was scared for her life. When she puts her hands on her head and reenters the elevator, she looks frustrated, not frightened. To me, the weird hand movement was either her way of relieving her frustrations, or her attempting to communicate that the elevator was not working to someone that was standing on the right side of the hall. I think she eventually ran into someone in the stairway that was responsible for her murder. I don't think she put herself in the tank.
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:59 PM   #182
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
To each their own.

But you have to understand whoever released this video did some heavy editting, so even the most minute detail will be editted out. A split second to me is a huge deal. It's not moving with the same pace she is moving when she leaves the elevator. And then the position of it near her thigh at 2:28.5 looks like a distortion.

But you know what, it doesn't even matter because there is no question there is a suspect and she is murder; how else did she lock the water bin from the outside.

None of the water tanks had locks on them. Don't even have hasps to allow a lock to be put on them. See the photos taken by the chinese gentleman that posted all the pics and videos from his investigation

btw that's her foot in the video
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:07 AM   #183
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily
None of the water tanks had locks on them. Don't even have hasps to allow a lock to be put on them. See the photos taken by the chinese gentleman that posted all the pics and videos from his investigation

btw that's her foot in the video

Ok my bad, not the lock on the water bin but according to LAPD:

LAPD Sgt. Rudy Lopez said anyone could have opened the tanks, but access to "the roof is secured with an alarm, and a lock, and a key to the door access."

What is your theory. She's now working maintenance at the Cecil hotel. Doesn't make any sense how she could even make her way to the roof.

Btw, play the video frame by frame from 2:27-2:30 and stop being so generic.

That is not her foot. Period.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #184
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is He Ill
IMO, in no point in the video does it seem like she is panicking. When she hides in the upper right corner of the elevator, it seems like she heard a door open on the right side of the hall. The bathroom is located to the right, so the noise could have been somebody exiting the bathroom. I read somewhere that the people staying on the first 5 floors are not allowed to go on the higher floors. If that's the case, she wasn't supposed to be on the 14th floor in the first place. This video is recorded when the elevator was on the 14th floor and her room is located on the 4th. She didn't want to get caught on the floor, but it didn't seem like she was scared for her life. When she puts her hands on her head and reenters the elevator, she looks frustrated, not frightened. To me, the weird hand movement was either her way of relieving her frustrations, or her attempting to communicate that the elevator was not working to someone that was standing on the right side of the hall. I think she eventually ran into someone in the stairway that was responsible for her murder. I don't think she put herself in the tank.

The hand communication is a form of sign language. She is talking to a guy on the right who could possibly be 1. Deaf or 2. Not responding to her thus she is finding every means to communicate. She does this gesture in the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hrH2ZfCyJDo. That is a "friend" response so it is a fact she is using sign language and not just whacked out of her mind.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:19 AM   #185
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i believe she was murdered but that is definitely her foot.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:45 AM   #186
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
It’s unclear how Lam may have gotten onto the Cecil’s roof, which has no security cameras. LAPD Sgt. Rudy Lopez said the roof is “secured with an alarm, and a lock and a key to the door access,” according to CBC News, although the water tank itself is not locked.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1268631

Watched the video again. It's her foot, there is no hand holding the door open
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:05 AM   #187
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1268631

Watched the video again. It's her foot, there is no hand holding the door open

Let's disagree to disagree. I still don't think that is her foot if you make a detailed observation frame by frame, but it doesn't matter:

1. Her pushing multiple buttons is not a psychotic action. She is doing it to buy time.

2. Her flailing her arms around is also an act of rationality since she is doing sign language.

Conclusion: this rules out the possibility she is on drugs and the acts are irrational behaviour.

So the REAL question is: how did a perfectly sane girl end up in a water bin.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:14 AM   #188
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
Yea, my first initial reaction, but pausing it exactly at 2:28 or 2:28.5 and seeing the position of that foot near her thigh, there is no way her foot can be distorted like that. It doesn't even flow in with the pace she was moving because it would stay on screen for half a second slower than her walking.

This is the video I'm watching.

At 2:28-29 you can clearly see she walks away and then the object follows behind her. You have to pause and play clip by clip to see this.

LOL that's here own shoe! I want some of what you're smokin' nikka.. seriously you're the ONLY one who thinks that's someone else here. It's clearly her own foot. She just walks away and pivots on that foot.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:16 AM   #189
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
LOL that's here own shoe! I want some of what you're smokin' nikka.. seriously you're the ONLY one who thinks that's someone else here. It's clearly her own foot. She just walks away and pivots on that foot.

You can't afford it.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:25 AM   #190
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

you can tell it's her heel the way she swings her right leg makes her left heel turn into the view. she looks high as a kite throughout that whole video to me. and you think she's signing to her deaf killer? LOL
Old 02-28-2013, 01:37 AM   #191
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles p
you can tell it's her heel the way she swings her right leg makes her left heel turn into the view. she looks high as a kite throughout that whole video to me. and you think she's signing to her deaf killer? LOL

Yea.

That is what I am saying. She is doing sign language. Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hrH2ZfCyJDo. Then watch the part where she is moving her hands.

That is a sign language. Fact. I don't know what she is saying at the beginning but I do know she is also signing "I don't know" along with the "friendship." (If anyone can intepret the first sequence, that would be great). Then the video gets editted at the point where the guy she is signing to should pass the elevator when it is still open. That is exactly at 2:57.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:38 AM   #192
Jello
Hume>Kunt.

Jello is starting to rub some people the wrong wayJello is starting to rub some people the wrong way

#1 detective IamRAMBO24. Have you reported your findings to LAPD?
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:39 AM   #193
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello
Old 02-28-2013, 01:42 AM   #194
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello

That made me laugh. Thanks number 1 fan.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:30 AM   #195
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Any confirmation released regarding substance use yet? I work at a detoxification centre so you can say that I'm pretty damn familiar with your typical signs of intoxication/inebriation...

I don't necessarily get the vibe that she's fearful of her surroundings but her odd activity doesn't appear to be acted out in a state of sobriety...

The repetitive pressing of almost every button, the peering out the elevator, the bizarre hand and arm movements...

Sad + eerie stuff nonetheless...

Last edited by Done_And_Done : 02-28-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: