Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-18-2011, 12:52 AM   #1
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool
Thumbs up Dark Souls!

Best game I've played all year. Stopped Deus Ex: HR about half way through to give Dark Souls a try and never looked back.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:18 AM   #2
LebronairJAMES
troll hunter

LebronairJAMES has decent reputation
Default Re: Dark Souls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
Best game I've played all year. Stopped Deus Ex: HR about half way through to give Dark Souls a try and never looked back.
yep its so addictive have 2k12 but this is just too good
LebronairJAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronairJAMES
yep its so addictive have 2k12 but this is just too good

Same here....have touched 2K12 just once.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:16 AM   #4
Fiasco
latsis4ever™

Fiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation here

What really pisses me off is the fact that the player matching servers are so unnecessarily complicated. If a bunch of us here wanted to co-op a boss, we'd have a 0.001% chance of doing so just because of how the game was built.

Really ruined some of it for me as my roomate and I both own Dark Souls, use the same wi-fi connection, yet can't summon each other to save our lives.
Fiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #5
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

^Yeah that was done on purpose. Sucks, but that's the way it is. I'd like to be able to co-op bosses too with buddies....or invade a buddy and backstab him
Old 10-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #6
Fiasco
latsis4ever™

Fiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation here

The Devs said they're going to patch it, though, to make co-op (summoning others) easier to do.

I'd really like to play with some of y'all, maybe take on a boss or two in a big ass group. It'd be glorious.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #7
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco
The Devs said they're going to patch it, though, to make co-op (summoning others) easier to do.

I'd really like to play with some of y'all, maybe take on a boss or two in a big ass group. It'd be glorious.

That would be tight. I remember using co-op to beat the last boss in Demon's Souls.....at that point I had already put 50 hours into it and he was doing his soulsuck on me! I said screw it this must end!

If they improve it, I'm down to do some co-oping.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #8
JaskoX1
The Herpes of My Life.

JaskoX1 has decent reputation

I'm too much of a pus.sy to start Dark Souls, therefore I settled with a Bioware game.
JaskoX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:16 PM   #9
LebronairJAMES
troll hunter

anyone start blighttown yet?
btw if you need a good farming spot hit the forest went on a 1million soul grind took about 2hours but was worth it!!
Old 10-19-2011, 03:10 AM   #10
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

I hope it's just as difficult as the "original".
I actually appreciated the difficulty; I was more determined then frustrated on beating the first one. Persistence definitely paid off for me; I'll get this game closer to Christmas.

How's the difficulty in this one guys?
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:49 AM   #11
LebronairJAMES
troll hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
I hope it's just as difficult as the "original".
I actually appreciated the difficulty; I was more determined then frustrated on beating the first one. Persistence definitely paid off for me; I'll get this game closer to Christmas.

How's the difficulty in this one guys?
never played demon souls but most dark souls forums are saying this one is harder
for me its the hardest game i have ever played
Old 10-19-2011, 04:09 AM   #12
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

ill be picking this game up by the end of the week. the difficulty about this game is why im drawn to it. its sad that many developers have shied away from this old school approach.
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:21 AM   #13
Fiasco
latsis4ever™

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaskoX1
I'm too much of a pus.sy to start Dark Souls, therefore I settled with a Bioware game.

You're only a ***** if you settled for Dragon Age 2 or Mass Effect 2.

Both originals are fine games.

But you should probably pick up Dark Souls soon. It's the most balanced blend of difficulty and strategy. Not to mention the immense satisfaction you feel when you finally kill the area boss.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #14
JaskoX1
The Herpes of My Life.

JaskoX1 has decent reputation

Origins.

And I agree with your first statement.
JaskoX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:59 PM   #15
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Velocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation here

Screw the forest farming. Just head to the Hollows below Blight Town and get the Dragon Head from joining the covenant down there. Using that ridiculous glitch, you can farm millions of souls in less than a minute by just holding down the square button. I avoid doing the glitch for the most part because I enjoy the difficulty, but I've almost beat it so I've been indulging a bit.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: