Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

Default This Heat team is starting to remind me of the second threepeat Bulls

Ok, I might get some flack by fellow Bulls fans but hear me out.

The Heat remind of the second threepeat Bulls in regards to how they lately seem to be coasting along in a game and then somewhere in the 3rd or early 4th, they up their defensive intensity and they put a 17-4 run on you and all of a sudden what was a close game becomes a comfortable win. The Heat games I've watched this season, granted it's been about a dozen, seem to follow this pattern. The Heat get everything but the kitchen sink thrown at them but they seem unfazed, they got the swag that those Bulls teams had. LBJ just has that MJ "I know I'm best player on the court every night" look, that quiet confidence that rubs off on his teammates. I never saw Wade's 2006 Heat team look like the current Heat where it just looks like you can't beat them if they bring their A game.

You 8 true Heat fans, enjoy it while it lasts man, it won't be this good forever.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
guy
NBA All-star

Default Re: This Heat team is starting to remind me of the second threepeat Bulls

The coast thru a game then turn it up in the end thing maybe right. But the Heat tend to coast thru a season then turn it up when they feel like it. Bulls went balls to the wall thru from the beginning to the end of the season, even in 98 a little bit when you consider Pippen being injured. I don't think we'll see that type of focus throughout a whole season again for a while.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
White Mamba
@kobemania

Default Re: This Heat team is starting to remind me of the second threepeat Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan

The Heat remind of the second threepeat Bulls in regards to how they lately seem to be coasting along in a game and then somewhere in the 3rd or early 4th, they up their defensive intensity and they put a 17-4 run on you and all of a sudden what was a close game becomes a comfortable win. The Heat games I've watched this season, granted it's been about a dozen, seem to follow this pattern. The Heat get everything but the kitchen sink thrown at them but they seem unfazed, they got the swag that those Bulls teams had. LBJ just has that MJ "I know I'm best player on the court every night" look, that quiet confidence that rubs off on his teammates. I never saw Wade's 2006 Heat team look like the current Heat where it just looks like you can't beat them if they bring their A game.

You 8 true Heat fans, enjoy it while it lasts man, it won't be this good forever.
White Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

It's been a good month of basketball
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #5
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

they coast is true. but people should also factor in, the heat cant play same high intensity D for 48 minutes.
Even in playoffs last year, they had so many games they were down by double digits to turn it around
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #6
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan

This made me lol. Good post btw. Heat have been stupidly good down the stretch in close games this year. check out these stats:

+/- in "clutch" situations (score within 5 with 5 to play):

James +89 in 120 min
Bosh +88 in 114 min
Wade +80 in 106 min
Allen +75 in 114 min
Battier +62 in 56 min

Those are the 5 highest in the entire league not just team. Next is Batum with +57 in 133 min.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #7
D-Wade316
F***

^Where you got that?
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #8
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
they coast is true. but people should also factor in, the heat cant play same high intensity D for 48 minutes.
Even in playoffs last year, they had so many games they were down by double digits to turn it around
That would be pretty hard to do, play high intensity D for 48 mins. You gotta play solid D then pick your spots to turn it up.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #9
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade316
^Where you got that?
NBA.com
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #10
arifgokcen
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade316
^Where you got that?

HE GOT IT FROM HERE

Wow i didnt know that.Thats is ridiculous.Especially battier 56minutes/+62 wow.Thats scary good.

Their best crunch time lineup these 5

and another thing lebron is distributing at an unbelieveable rate in crunch time 15.2apg/per 48 highest qualified mark among all players

Last edited by arifgokcen : 02-21-2013 at 12:56 PM.
arifgokcen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #11
Mr. Incredible
Good college starter

Coming from the kid who said the Heat would never win. GTFO. We told you since day 1.
Mr. Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #12
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
This made me lol. Good post btw. Heat have been stupidly good down the stretch in close games this year. check out these stats:

James +89 in 120 min
Bosh +88 in 114 min
Wade +80 in 106 min
Allen +75 in 114 min
Battier +62 in 56 min

Those are the 5 highest in the entire league not just team. Next is Batum with +57 in 133 min.

Damn impressive.

remember when they sucked in close games in year 1?
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #13
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

Quote:

James +89 in 120 min
Bosh +88 in 114 min
Wade +80 in 106 min
Allen +75 in 114 min
Battier +62 in 56 min

That's an insane stat. Obviously I'm not going out on a limb when I say that I just don't see anybody beating them this year. Games gotta be played and crazier shit has happened but I don't see anyone knocking them off this year.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #14
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
Coming from the kid who said the Heat would never win. GTFO. We told you since day 1.
Uh, correction. I said they'd never win IF LeBron had to do it all by himself. I said his teammates would need to step up and that's what they've done.

The Heat have been good because everyone is contributing, it's not just the "James Show starring Wade with a special appearences by Bosh"...that wasn't always the case last season when the supporting cast would go MIA and the Heat bench was being called the worst in the NBA, remember?

Thought so.

Last edited by TheMan : 02-21-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #15
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

Quote:

James +89 in 120 min
Bosh +88 in 114 min
Wade +80 in 106 min
Allen +75 in 114 min
Battier +62 in 56 min

Oh my LAWD. I knew we've been very good in close game situations at the end but this is
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: