Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-10-2013, 03:45 AM   #1
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation
Default Most important aspect of scoring...

is the mid J, IMO. It's a massive confidence booster and translates to layups and dunks as well.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Most important aspect of scoring...

unfortunately just like the nba, all i see is dudes taking 3s or layups (or close range shots)

im no different though
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
Permodius
I airball my layups

Permodius has an OK reputation so far

I agree. All I do is practice the mid-range J because I believe in crawling before walking and walking before running. Though I admit, I tend to shoot too many 3's for my own good (1 or 2 a game). The mid-range J opens everything up. When you are actually making that shot, scoring becomes ten times easier and it also becomes somewhat of a killer crossover because now you have your defender jumping all over the place when your using your hesitation and it allows for easy penetration. On top of all that, if you're a good passer a good mid-range J indirectly leads to assists (make shots>opponent respects fakes>penetrate the paint>dish it out).
Permodius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #4
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jump shooting. You need to be a good 3 points shooter if you are playing againts a legit 6'4" and above players.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #5
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Jump shooting. You need to be a good 3 points shooter if you are playing againts a legit 6'4" and above players.
Not necessarily, if you run a lot and tend to get open you can live from the mid range area. That's what I do when I play. Most people in real life don't practice a lot of cardio so it's easy to get open if you have good cardio yourself, unless you're like 5'2''
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

no its movement and endurance, if you don't have good shooting ability you can still get points by moving around a lot and wearing down your defender to get layups and more open looks. If you don't have good endurance, unless you're JJ Redick, it doesn't matter how good a shooter you are, you'll never get an open shot.
Burgz V2 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: