Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #31
D-Rose

Default Re: So I met Johnny Manziel today...

Yeah I felt bad for him that he had to go through all that circus every day, but hey it's part of the celeb status.

His gf was so freaking hot. Seriously I haven't ever felt so nervous around a chick, but she was blushing the whole time at the fact that I even knew who she was. And it's crazy that he came in after cause I asked her to bring him with next time.

He really was very nice...I said "so...you're johnny manziel, eh?" and he says "yeah man, how are you?". Didn't expect that.

I've met another Aggie football player in there too but it wasn't nearly the same experience lol.

In a similar story my girlfriend works at Potbelly on northgate across from A&M and last year she comes back from work and says "Oh my god, there was this incredibly tall black guy at my work today, omg you had to see him, he said he plays for some team called the clippers" I'm like
I make the connection that it's someone who played at A&M an quickly pulled up the image of DeAndre Jordan....she was like "Yes! Yes omg that's him!" But funny enough she said there weren't many people coming up to him and stuff lol...not exactly a basketball town. I'm of course still jealous of that to this day...
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:33 PM   #32
Balla_Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Yeah I felt bad for him that he had to go through all that circus every day, but hey it's part of the celeb status.

His gf was so freaking hot. Seriously I haven't ever felt so nervous around a chick, but she was blushing the whole time at the fact that I even knew who she was. And it's crazy that he came in after cause I asked her to bring him with next time.

He really was very nice...I said "so...you're johnny manziel, eh?" and he says "yeah man, how are you?". Didn't expect that.

I've met another Aggie football player in there too but it wasn't nearly the same experience lol.

In a similar story my girlfriend works at Potbelly on northgate across from A&M and last year she comes back from work and says "Oh my god, there was this incredibly tall black guy at my work today, omg you had to see him, he said he plays for some team called the clippers" I'm like
I make the connection that it's someone who played at A&M an quickly pulled up the image of DeAndre Jordan....she was like "Yes! Yes omg that's him!" But funny enough she said there weren't many people coming up to him and stuff lol...not exactly a basketball town. I'm of course still jealous of that to this day...

DeAndre Jordan only played one year so not many people knew him.

And he was terrible. But I guess I don't really blame him, he was only trying to get into the NBA. Dude was super raw.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #33
ace23

Being addressed as "Johnny Manziel's GF" made her blush?
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #34
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Pretty cool bro. I haven't many famous athletes outside of fighters, and I've always tried to 'play it cool', because most of the time I was meeting them in a gym/workout environment.

I don't think I would ask for an autograph of a football player, but I may go groupie mode for a famous basketball player like D. Lee or Curry.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #35
D-Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Being addressed as "Johnny Manziel's GF" made her blush?
Yeah that and "you're famous, aren't you?"
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:48 PM   #36
Jameerthefear
JameerxManaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
And people wonder why Manziel is only taking online classes. He's the freaking anti-tebow and is the most popular NCAA athlete right now. He's a god. A redshirt freshman winning the heisman. Only at Texas A&M.

The only way we don't win a national championship next year is if Johnny Fucking Football gets injured. Alabama and LSU are the only teams that can challenge us.

And goddamn...JFF's gf looks hot as hell in that picture. The one of him and his gf next to the heisman...she looks like a straight up fake plastic barbie (nowhere near as hot looking).

Inarguably the greatest college football player of all time.
Florida can challenge Texas A&M too.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:53 PM   #37
Balla_Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
Florida can challenge Texas A&M too.

We only play you guys in the SEC championship game. Unless Driskel gets a shit ton better, ya'll wont be beating us.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:21 AM   #38
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

That's cool, good to hear Manziel seems like a good kid.

But y'know the real College Station celeb is Hawker right?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:14 AM   #39
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

Quote:
And people wonder why Manziel is only taking online classes. He's the freaking anti-tebow and is the most popular NCAA athlete right now. He's a god. A redshirt freshman winning the heisman. Only at Texas A&M.

The only way we don't win a national championship next year is if Johnny Fucking Football gets injured. Alabama and LSU are the only teams that can challenge us.

And goddamn...JFF's gf looks hot as hell in that picture. The one of him and his gf next to the heisman...she looks like a straight up fake plastic barbie (nowhere near as hot looking).

Inarguably the greatest college football player of all time.

How is he the anti-Tebow? Because he's not religious? On the football field they are very similar players. Both are "Gods" on their campus. Both were the youngest players to win the Heisman. Both were in the SEC. If anything, he is the next Tebow.

And greatest college player of all time?
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:32 AM   #40
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
How is he the anti-Tebow? Because he's not religious? On the football field they are very similar players. Both are "Gods" on their campus. Both were the youngest players to win the Heisman. Both were in the SEC. If anything, he is the next Tebow.

And greatest college player of all time?

they aren't similar at all on the football field.

Johnny can actually throw the ball worth a damn for one. They both can run the ball but Tebow was a bulldozer while Manziel is quick and agile.

and yes, him partying like a rock star is part of what makes him the anti Tebow.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:50 AM   #41
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm

Johnny can actually throw the ball worth a damn for one. They both can run the ball but Tebow was a bulldozer while Manziel is quick and agile.

and yes, him partying like a rock star is part of what makes him the anti Tebow.

Not similar at all. Oh come on, be reasonable. Peyton Manning and Johnny Manziel aren't similar at all on the football field. Both QB's biggest assets are their legs. The love to scramble in the pocket. They are not known for their precision passing but for their athleticism. Obviously Tebow is more of a power scrambler while Manziel is more reliant on speed and agility but their are similarities.

And Tebow couldn't throw in college? Sure he sucks in the pros but as a college QB he was more than adequate. His throwing was never a problem. Lets not pretend he was Juice Williams.

Persona wise, you could say he is the anti-Tebow but when it comes to their football careers so far I think they are very similar.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #42
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
Cool story. Nice to hear such a young guy has remained humble...so far at least. Anyway, I'll post a photo of his girlfriend.

He's got a rough life.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #43
Balla_Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm

They're not similar at all on the field or off the field.

And yes, Johnny Football is the greatest football player of all time. He'll show that even more next season.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #44
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

Quote:

They're not similar at all on the field or off the field.

And yes, Johnny Football is the greatest football player of all time. He'll show that even more next season.

I had no idea A&M fans were such delusional homers. My apologies.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #45
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
He's got a rough life.

Yeah, but you know what, I'm feeling charitable today so I'll take her off his hands. Always good to help those less fortunate than yourself.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: