Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #46
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: So I met Johnny Manziel today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Nah man, I've been living in College Station for a year now. Working at the Subway across A&M on Southgate and also a small pizza place off Texas by Layne's
Ah, didnt know that. The leaning tower pizza place? I moved out of the area about a year ago
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #47
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
DeAndre Jordan only played one year so not many people knew him.

And he was terrible. But I guess I don't really blame him, he was only trying to get into the NBA. Dude was super raw.
yeah, he got massively outplayed by every other frontcourt player here. He killed his draft stock (was considered a top 3 type player coming out of HS) and ended up in the 2nd round. I wonder what he was back for.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #48
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
Not similar at all. Oh come on, be reasonable. Peyton Manning and Johnny Manziel aren't similar at all on the football field. Both QB's biggest assets are their legs. The love to scramble in the pocket. They are not known for their precision passing but for their athleticism. Obviously Tebow is more of a power scrambler while Manziel is more reliant on speed and agility but their are similarities.

And Tebow couldn't throw in college? Sure he sucks in the pros but as a college QB he was more than adequate. His throwing was never a problem. Lets not pretend he was Juice Williams.

Persona wise, you could say he is the anti-Tebow but when it comes to their football careers so far I think they are very similar.
dude, his throwing was subpar in college. it was ok, but it was not a strength at all. While manziel really does have an incredible arm. nowhere near the best foosball player of all time, but definitely a very good one
Old 02-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #49
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

Shoulda just given him 'the nead nod'.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #50
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
dude, his throwing was subpar in college. it was ok, but it was not a strength at all. While manziel really does have an incredible arm. nowhere near the best foosball player of all time, but definitely a very good one
Back up at best in the NFL
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #51
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
Back up at best in the NFL
meh, because of his size? Everyone said the same about wilson. I think it depends on the situation. Dude can probably play at the next level.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #52
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Ah, didnt know that. The leaning tower pizza place? I moved out of the area about a year ago
Yes! Leaning tower is delicious man...very fun job as well.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #53
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Come on dude. Nowhere near? Who do you have ahead? Cant put Cam or Tebow ahead.

Dude is out of this world. Heisman as a REDSHIRT FRESHMAN.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #54
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Yes! Leaning tower is delicious man...very fun job as well.

Hungry Howies >>>

Do you guys even deliver past 2:00AM?

To be honest, the pizza sucks in B/CS. Unless you're drunk.

And man, I cant believe I used to think Laynes was good. Thinking back...shit is gross.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #55
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Hungry Howies >>>

And man, I cant believe I used to think Laynes was good. Thinking back...shit is gross.
Nah, we close at 11 cause we're just a small mom n pop place...total 3 employees besides the owner.

Howies is okay...tried laynes once but it was nothing special.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #56
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

The point I am trying to make about Tebow's arm is that it was fine for the college game. He threw a beautiful deep ball, was careful with the ball and had average accuracy. It was not a weakness for him. Compared to the rest of his peers, I think he was middle of the pack as a thrower. Disagree if you must.

Obviously Manziel is a fantastic player. I'd like to see them win the West next year.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #57
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Don't usually post pics on ISH but here ya go fellas..

Oh nice, congratz man! It's nice to hear that a guy like him was so humble and down to earth in person.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #58
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Hungry Howies >>>

this is sheer ignorance. Mr. G's has one of the best cheese pies in the state. Antonio's is what it is, but there is a reason why its a successful franchise at multiple college towns. Blue Baker makes a very solid pie as well. Sure, there are plenty of crap places (double daves, etc.) Hungry howies? Get the **** out of here. Its certainly no pizza mecca, but it has at least 2 (3 really, including leaning tower) very solid pie places and a decent range of options.

I do agree that layne's is both weird and disgusting.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #59
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Cowboy Thunder has not been impressing people

Cowboy Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #60
Balla_Status

Quote:
this is sheer ignorance. Mr. G's has one of the best cheese pies in the state. Antonio's is what it is, but there is a reason why its a successful franchise at multiple college towns. Blue Baker makes a very solid pie as well. Sure, there are plenty of crap places (double daves, etc.) Hungry howies? Get the **** out of here. Its certainly no pizza mecca, but it has at least 2 (3 really, including leaning tower) very solid pie places and a decent range of options.

I do agree that layne's is both weird and disgusting.

I had Mr. Gs once and it was nothing special dude. Blue Baker uses cheetos for their cheese.

I get Hungry Howies for their crust.

Double Daves is the worst. Having an on-campus meeting? Order a shit ton of pizza rolls from double daves!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: