Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-22-2013, 02:21 AM   #1
dbugz
Gang Green

dbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cool
Default Why are Ainge and Doc so obsessed with combo guards?

It's already right in their own face what's the problem and what is missing but they still keep on signing combo guards instead of getting/acquiring Center to help KG out in the paint.

Crawford and Williams are just going to be a bench players as the Cs 1-3 positions are already loaded of combo guards (Lee, Bradley, Terry) and at SF with Pierce and Green.

I would have understood it if they sign a legit PG but they still acquired two combo guards again in exchange of one of the Celtics big man(Collins) who is more serviceable at the 5.

Goodluck Celtics with that tiny line-up you have just built
dbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:32 AM   #2
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Why are Ainge and Doc so obsessed with combo guards?

Doc Rivers has no idea what he's doing. He's been masquerading for years as a good coach. I have no idea how he's done it. I feel like I must be crazy because the entire world doesn't see what I see.

As for this Jordan Crawford thing? ... well, what they *should* do is build the offense around KG and Pierce and run their offense like the Spurs do. Jordan Crawford can be your Gary Neal. That's what the Celtics would do if anyone knew what they were doing, but since they don't, they'll just run around like chickens with their heads cut off because there's no Rondo to pass to Pierce or KG in the high post to hit a contested midrange jumper and get an assist for it.

Yeah I have no idea what's with these teams who think you can zip around with no centers on your roster and win anything.

If Pop had been coach of these Celtics they'd have won 3 titles instead of just one. There are probably 5 or 6 NBA coaches who would have multiple titles with this group. Doc's "system" totally stifles his talent. They've had chemistry, defense, starpower, toughness, absolutely everything but a coach that's on their level.

Last edited by Clifton : 02-22-2013 at 02:34 AM.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:14 AM   #3
dbugz
Gang Green

dbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
Doc Rivers has no idea what he's doing. He's been masquerading for years as a good coach. I have no idea how he's done it. I feel like I must be crazy because the entire world doesn't see what I see.

As for this Jordan Crawford thing? ... well, what they *should* do is build the offense around KG and Pierce and run their offense like the Spurs do. Jordan Crawford can be your Gary Neal. That's what the Celtics would do if anyone knew what they were doing, but since they don't, they'll just run around like chickens with their heads cut off because there's no Rondo to pass to Pierce or KG in the high post to hit a contested midrange jumper and get an assist for it.

Yeah I have no idea what's with these teams who think you can zip around with no centers on your roster and win anything.

If Pop had been coach of these Celtics they'd have won 3 titles instead of just one. There are probably 5 or 6 NBA coaches who would have multiple titles with this group. Doc's "system" totally stifles his talent. They've had chemistry, defense, starpower, toughness, absolutely everything but a coach that's on their level.

I doubt if he can at least get 10 MPG. That two spot is loaded already.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:13 AM   #4
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

BlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this board

Ainge was a combo guard, if that helps. Avery's only a combo guard in that he's too short to play the 2, his natural position.

I don't rate Collins, but at least he's a big body. Perhaps Ainge has seen something in Melo that everybody... literally everybody... missed. Crawford might turn out to be alright but I don't see where he fits long-term... he's not going to be better than Lee or Bradley who are either signed for a long time or we'll keep regardless of the offer sheets.

Just hope we can pick up a gem from the D League like Steimsma... he wasn't great but he beats the crap we have right now.
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #5
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This team is janked.

One of the worst rebounding teams for the last 5 years, in desperate need of a big, especially a f*cking rebounding big... Then trade the biggest guy on the team for a 4th combo guard.

The f*ck?
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #6
Rolando
Good High School Starter

Rolando has decent reputationRolando has decent reputation

There must be some kind of plan to bring in a big man. It really sucks that Darko left.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #7
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If some of you all would watch or read interviews by doc, you would know that he doesn't want traditional PG as he prefers to keep the ball moving.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #8
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It could have been worse than Jordan Crawford imagine if he traded to his son, Austin
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #9
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
It could have been worse than Jordan Crawford imagine if he traded to his son, Austin

I actually think Austin is someone they need. As a 6th man, I think he's ideal for this team. Crawford could be as well, but they gotta find a way to fit Jason Terry.

They need a center. I think Doc was a good coach but he hasn't done jack lately.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #10
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
I actually think Austin is someone they need. As a 6th man, I think he's ideal for this team. Crawford could be as well, but they gotta find a way to fit Jason Terry.

They need a center. I think Doc was a good coach but he hasn't done jack lately.

Maybe they try get Al Jefferson back to Boston next season? But I think Austin is horrible
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #11
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Maybe they try get Al Jefferson back to Boston next season? But I think Austin is horrible

He might suck, but if he's got any ability I think it would flourish in Boston.

Jefferson is a PF. They also don't need him to slow down the offense. They need a guy to grab rebounds, runs the floor, defend the post. Nene is a good fit, if he can get himself to be at 10RPG..but that might be a lot to ask.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #12
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I doubt if he can at least get 10 MPG. That two spot is loaded already.
Is it? All I know of is Terry, Bradley, and Lee, so you've got 4 guards, two spots. I'm guessing Terry or Bradley will take the point. Having Terry and Crawford is totally redundant, but the good news is you can go with whoever's hotter. It's like having a mulligan. Having Bradley and Lee on the floor at the same time would be a problem - who would score? So I foresee Terry/Lee and Bradley/Crawford backcourts.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #13
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputation

I think Doc is a good coach. however, their roster is shit. If you look at their roster and how well they are doing... it speaks to their coaching staff and the effort of the players. You're right, though, they need a big. But who? They got rid of two good bigs... Baby (laugh if you want lol) and Perk. If they had Perk right now they'd be so much better.

They don't even need a rebounder or a defender... just one legit big body, but like I said... who?

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #14
dbugz
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
I think Doc is a good coach. however, their roster is shit. If you look at their roster and how well they are doing... it speaks to their coaching staff and the effort of the players. You're right, though, they need a big. But who? They got rid of two good bigs... Baby (laugh if you want lol) and Perk. If they had Perk right now they'd be so much better.

They don't even need a rebounder or a defender... just one legit big body, but like I said... who?

-Smak

Suns got Haddadi(whatever the spelling is) that easily. If Doc and Ainge really "wants" a big man they could have easily got one right before the trade deadline using one of our combo guards but instead they get rid of one of our big man and get another guard "again".

K-Mart is also available but the Knicks are more active on getting a big man and they sign him right away.

If you'll also look at our draft picks, there's always one combo guard or a undersize SG included.

Ainge obsession with combo guards is insane already.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #15
ballup
Fool Disguised Genius

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't think Ainge could have gotten a useful big without shipping out Bradley, Pierce, Rondo, or KG. Williams is on a 10 day contract, so he did not have a solid spot in the rotation yet. The Celtics needed a 4th guard and Collins wasn't very useful anyways beside giving out fouls.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: