Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #76
Shepseskaf
Old School
 
Shepseskaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Caribbean
Posts: 5,908
Default Re: The Where Does Hakeem Rank Thread PROVES ISH Has Lowest Possible B-Ball Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
There really is no case for Hakeem over Shaq, Wilt, Kareem or Russell.
Sorry, but this is just wrong. In terms of pure bb skills, I'd put Hakeem behind only Kareem and Wilt. He's ahead of both Russell and Snaq.

Russell was the greatest winner of all-time, but let's face it, his actual skills -- aside from shot blocking -- weren't that stellar.

Snaq was simply bigger and stronger, not to mention quicker (early on, anyway) than his competition. What is the signature Snaq move? Crashing his way to the basket over a smaller, weaker opponent. What great skills did he possess?

As I said earlier in the thread, who do all of the young big men that want to improve their post games go to? Not Snaq. Nobody asks him jack.

They all go to Hakeem for instructions on how to get better in the post. His skills were so legendary, as perhaps the best post-man in the history of the game, that players will probably keep seeking out his help until he's in an old folks home.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #77
MisterAmazing
Good High School Starter
 
MisterAmazing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 934
Default Re: The Where Does Hakeem Rank Thread PROVES ISH Has Lowest Possible B-Ball Knowledge

lol
MisterAmazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #78
Riley Martin
O-Qua Tangin Wann
 
Riley Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 558
Default Re: The Where Does Hakeem Rank Thread PROVES ISH Has Lowest Possible B-Ball Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
I am a troll.
Nobody likes you. Why are you still here?
Riley Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #79
MisterAmazing
Good High School Starter
 
MisterAmazing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 934
Default Re: The Where Does Hakeem Rank Thread PROVES ISH Has Lowest Possible B-Ball Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010splash
Present a logical argument as to why he wouldn't.
..







MisterAmazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #80
gengiskhan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,574
Default Re: The Where Does Hakeem Rank Thread PROVES ISH Has Lowest Possible B-Ball Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
but the fact is hakeem wasnt able to get his ring when mj was around ...


but i agree hakeem would murder any center not named shaq and duncan...

But Fact is Kobe was around in 1997 & he couldnt beat 35 yrs old MJ with Shaq on his team.

But Fact is Hakeem already MURDERED & DOMINATED 1995 Shaq who was Runner-up MVP to D'Rob & Scoring Champ in 1995 season.

Its amazing how Dumb & retarded ISHers are getting every passing day!

Hakeem atleast lost to peak prime MJ btw 1991-1993. 1997 & 1998 Kobe lost to 34 yrs old & 35 yrs old past his prime MJ.
gengiskhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #81
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star
 
ShaqAttack3234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,992
Default Re: The Where Does Hakeem Rank Thread PROVES ISH Has Lowest Possible B-Ball Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
You are a troll.

Very convincing response.

You do realize that all your nonsense does is create unnecessary for a player like Hakeem. See some of the responses with people now discrediting Hakeem because of you going to extremes. And it's a shame because I do think Hakeem is underrated and a lot don't realize how good he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Sorry, but this is just wrong. In terms of pure bb skills, I'd put Hakeem behind only Kareem and Wilt. He's ahead of both Russell and Snaq.

In terms of just skills, Hakeem would have to rank above all of the great centers.

Quote:
Snaq was simply bigger and stronger, not to mention quicker (early on, anyway) than his competition. What is the signature Snaq move? Crashing his way to the basket over a smaller, weaker opponent. What great skills did he possess?

Shaq's favorite moves were the jump hook and drop step, later, particularly during the 3peat, he added that short turnaround which was a big part of his game as well. He'd show a spin move at times and occasionally an up and under(often finished with a dunk)

Nobody is claiming Shaq was the most skilled big man of all-time, but he was quite skilled for his size. He even handled the ball unusually well for a 7 footer. His footwork in the low post was easily some of the best for a 7 footer actually and he was an excellent passer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengiskhan
But Fact is Kobe was around in 1997 & he couldnt beat 35 yrs old MJ with Shaq on his team.

But Fact is Hakeem already MURDERED & DOMINATED 1995 Shaq who was Runner-up MVP to D'Rob & Scoring Champ in 1995 season.

Its amazing how Dumb & retarded ISHers are getting every passing day!

Hakeem atleast lost to peak prime MJ btw 1991-1993. 1997 & 1998 Kobe lost to 34 yrs old & 35 yrs old past his prime MJ.

You're not fooling anyone. Nobody thinks you're being serious. You know that Kobe was a teenager when Jordan was on the Bulls, I don't know why you play stupid when it's so obvious you know this.

I think that poster was referring to 3peat Shaq not 1995 Shaq as well.

Hakeem never played Jordan in the playoffs either.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #82
ZaaaaaH
Banned
 
ZaaaaaH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: District of Columbia
Posts: 1,848
Default Re: The Where Does Hakeem Rank Thread PROVES ISH Has Lowest Possible B-Ball Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengiskhan
But Fact is Kobe was around in 1997 & he couldnt beat 35 yrs old MJ with Shaq on his team.

But Fact is Hakeem already MURDERED & DOMINATED 1995 Shaq who was Runner-up MVP to D'Rob & Scoring Champ in 1995 season.

Its amazing how Dumb & retarded ISHers are getting every passing day!

Hakeem atleast lost to peak prime MJ btw 1991-1993. 1997 & 1998 Kobe lost to 34 yrs old & 35 yrs old past his prime MJ.


Troll is loose ~

1997 Kobe was 18

Hakeem was at his absolute Prime Shaq was 2 years in.

How do you have the balls to call other people retarded with your Logic?

MJ Beat EVERYONE so what is your point?
ZaaaaaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #83
Odinn
I make 50-feet jumpers
 
Odinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,956
Default Re: The Where Does Hakeem Rank Thread PROVES ISH Has Lowest Possible B-Ball Knowledge

There is no point of bashing to Shaq or Duncan to applaud Hakeem.
Hakeem is one of the top 5 centers ever.
He is one of the top 10 players ever.
The level of play that ever reached by a player, he is top 5 probably.
He is arguably the most talented 7 footer ever.
His 1993-94 season is a strong candidate for the g.o.a.t. season by a player.

But we are talking about the greatest players ever. The things that I listed can be said for Shaq also.
Odinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #84
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star
 
G-train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,964
Default Re: The Where Does Hakeem Rank Thread PROVES ISH Has Lowest Possible B-Ball Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
It's pretty funny that Lebron kids think he will pass Hakeem with a second ring

It's pretty funny that many are witnessing a top 3 player ever and fail to see it.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #85
Ne 1
College superstar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,575
Default Re: The Where Does Hakeem Rank Thread PROVES ISH Has Lowest Possible B-Ball Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
What if they faced each other in 1995?

What if they faced each other in 1999?
Ne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #86
gengiskhan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,574
Default Re: The Where Does Hakeem Rank Thread PROVES ISH Has Lowest Possible B-Ball Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaaaaaH
Troll is loose ~

1997 Kobe was 18

Hakeem was at his absolute Prime Shaq was 2 years in.

How do you have the balls to call other people retarded with your Logic?

MJ Beat EVERYONE so what is your point?

Damn a$re

You still did not get the point I was answering to the other moron.

If Hakeem is BLAMED for winning rings because MJ retired out of BOREDOM. MJ retired cuz he lost interest. What does Hakeem got to with it. He took over the EMPTY THRONE & DOMINATED when there were TONS OF CONTENDERS form Ewing to D'Rob to Shaq to Mourning.


If Hakeem is SINGLED OUT & HATED for WINNING in MJ's absense...

Even an 18 yrs old Kobe in 1997 MUST BE BLAMED as well for showing up too early in NBA & LOOSING TO DOMINANT GOAT not playing atleast 2 yrs of NCAA & becominging ACC player of the year & an NCAA WINNER.

Instead, Kobe chose to be LOOSE to OLD MJ in 1997 & 1998


Kobe'tards, ISHers LOGIC....

Blame Hakeem for winning & ABSOLUTELY DOMINATING LIKE A BEAST in MJs absense

PROTECT & HIDE Kobe's OWNAGE by MJ in 1997 & 1998 by saying he is 8 & 19 yrs old too young despite playing with NBA's most dominant center & playing for NBAs WINNINGEST FRANCHISE
gengiskhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #87
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub
 
ZMonkey11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,258
Default Re: The Where Does Hakeem Rank Thread PROVES ISH Has Lowest Possible B-Ball Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
A players effectiveness >>>>> Skill

I don't care how pretty Hakeem's game looks due to his skill, he is NOT more effective at scoring than peak Wilt, Kareem or Shaq because he is not 7-1+ w/o shoes with freakish wingspan/leap/reach/mass/etc. He's a 6-10 250lb center with above average but not spectacular athleticism and decent length, therefore he needed those skills to be nearly as offensively effective as guys like Wilt, Kareem, or Shaq. Just because he's more skilled doesn't mean that at the end of the day he's more effective or a better player. Effectiveness is the bottom line, and guys with less skill can be more effective if they have tools of their own that Hakeem lacked at their disposal.

Pretty much this and would rep if I could.
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #88
ThaRegul8r
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,141
Default Re: The Where Does Hakeem Rank Thread PROVES ISH Has Lowest Possible B-Ball Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinn
There is no point of bashing to Shaq or Duncan to applaud Hakeem.

Unfortunately, this tactic is standard operating procedure on internet basketball forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinn
He is arguably the most talented 7 footer ever.

He wasn't 7 foot. He was 6-10. By his own admission that's why he developed all his moves and countermoves in the first place, to enable him to get his shot off against taller players.
ThaRegul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:11 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy