Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 02-06-2007, 01:02 AM   #1
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up Kings win 3 in a row

hey guys glad to be back at ISH, just to let you know i aint been gone completely ive kept up reading here. (to be honest i didnt think it would take this long for them to win 3 straight games )been a rocky ride this kings season but we are definitely on the right track. ive been posting analysis of the games at another forum so ill start pasting it here. rock on kings

finally, a 3 game winning streak! at times it gets sloppy because of certain players but as of late the kings offense has been looking superv. the assists are through the roof and everybody is sharing the basketball. theyve got a young spark off the bench in Quincy Douby and Frisco.

Great Games by:

Mike Bibby: a very efficient night for Mike Bibby, who was 7 of 12 shooting although he could have been more selective in the sound half. he was out 3 whole hours before the game just shooting and practicing on his jumpshot saying, "When you're shooting 38% you have to get better." 6 assists to go along with it, and the stat sheet says he had 5 turnovers but a lot of those turnovers were on Kevin Martin's part. Bibby would throw him a pass but k-mart would slow down rather than going for it. sometimes he would stop or go the other way. good game.

Ron Artest: Boy Ron Artest is playing the best ball I've seen him play as a Sacramento King. He also shot 7 of 12 from the field including 3 tri-fectas! but the part that i really like is his 9 assists, looking for his teammates for better shots. and his defense was awesome as always, 5 steals.

Kevin Martin: I hesitated to put him on the "great game" because he just needs to look for his shot more. he was 7 of 4 from the field and 2 of 3 from three-pont land.

Brad Miller
: Only had 10 points but he only took 4 shots and he came up big at the final few minutes. didn't miss his freethrows and had 2 huge blocks that sealed the game for us. did i just say blocks? brad miller?

Scott Brooks
: He did a terrific coaching job for the 2 games Muss was gone and of course now there's going to be people wondering if he could be head coach. But he wasn't too lose, had a solid rotation in the game and stuck to the gameplan by fouling Tyson Chandler when he got the ball down-low.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:14 AM   #2
Targus™
Good college starter

Default Re: Kings win 3 in a row

40 points in the first quarter on 70% shooting sheesh. they outscored us in the 2nd 3rd and 4th but still couldnt overcome it. and the hornets have not allowed over 91 points in their last 6 games. we scored over 100
Old 02-06-2007, 01:20 AM   #3
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Glad to see you back Targus. I agree with most of your analysis. Curious whether you want Petrie to blow the team up and rebuild or if you would rather make the 8th seed.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:38 AM   #4
Targus™
Good college starter

Smile Re: Kings win 3 in a row

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Glad to see you back Targus. I agree with most of your analysis. Curious whether you want Petrie to blow the team up and rebuild or if you would rather make the 8th seed.

thanks BM. and at the moment, i am stuck between the 2 because i see opportunities in both scenarios, even though one might be smighter than the other. At times I do feel like blowing up the roster but then I hesitate think to myself well maybe this team doesn't need to be "blown up" just adjusted further and more than a couple trades. If we do blow it up, we'll be looking for young talent obviously so good things will come in the future. but if you're like me, a fan who wants to see them succeed right now, then you're leaning more towards wanting them to make the playoffs. over the past few games we have seen this team play the way they are capable of, and I'm not speculating anything but once you are in the playoffs, who knows what can happen even though the odds are severely not in your favor. look at the team now, they've got talent but in order to succeed in the playoffs we're going to need a superstar who can just take over the game. making the playoffs will also give experience to the young guys like frisco and douby. so as you can tell i'm sort of stuck between the two, it really changes week-by-week but i'm leaning more towards keeping the playoff streak alive. :)
Old 02-06-2007, 01:50 AM   #5
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Honestly I'm not interested in making the playoffs this year. This year's draft is flat out amazing, our veterans are losing value and there are some pretty good free agents out there this off season. I'm not interested in being Dallas/Phoenix's lunch/roadkill. I'm not interested in 3 straight years of first round and outs with no young front court guys. We have a chance to grab a superstar or 2 with this draft and sign some good free agents this offseason, IMO that's too good to pass up so we can be lunch.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:58 AM   #6
Targus™
Good college starter

very good points you have changed my mind just a bit ;)
Old 02-06-2007, 02:27 AM   #7
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Thanks. Actually going to start a mini scouting report type thing in a minute. Talking about the guys who we could get, could help us, or who I just like.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:48 AM   #8
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Welcome back!!!!!!!!

The Kings forum was not the same with out you!!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:25 AM   #9
Miles and Miles
High School JV MVP

Miles and Miles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
thanks BM. and at the moment, i am stuck between the 2 because i see opportunities in both scenarios, even though one might be smighter than the other. At times I do feel like blowing up the roster but then I hesitate think to myself well maybe this team doesn't need to be "blown up" just adjusted further and more than a couple trades. If we do blow it up, we'll be looking for young talent obviously so good things will come in the future. but if you're like me, a fan who wants to see them succeed right now, then you're leaning more towards wanting them to make the playoffs. over the past few games we have seen this team play the way they are capable of, and I'm not speculating anything but once you are in the playoffs, who knows what can happen even though the odds are severely not in your favor. look at the team now, they've got talent but in order to succeed in the playoffs we're going to need a superstar who can just take over the game. making the playoffs will also give experience to the young guys like frisco and douby. so as you can tell i'm sort of stuck between the two, it really changes week-by-week but i'm leaning more towards keeping the playoff streak alive. :)

This sounds like me. I seem to change my mind from week to week. I lean more towards the make the playoffs side though. As you said anything can happen in the playoffs. Go Kings.
Miles and Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #10
Fresnoking
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Fresnoking has an OK reputation so far

I can never root for the kings to lose. I just hope we can keep up this mini- win streak.
Fresnoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:22 PM   #11
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

LAZYBOY has an OK reputation so far

Wow, two of my favorites are back. It's about time Targus!!!!
And Mario Death Grip? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <---:
LAZYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #12
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZYBOY
Wow, two of my favorites are back. It's about time Targus!!!!
And Mario Death Grip? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <---:
Welcome back! Good analysis. Mostly agreed.

Mariodeathgrip, where you been? Add some flavor to this dying forum!!!!
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:42 PM   #13
Targus™
Good college starter

yeah even though it might be best for the kings to get a good draft pick and rebuild, it's never easy to see them lose.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: