Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #31
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How crazy was Christopher Dorner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
No doubt that Dorner had quite a few screws loose. That said, I think there is probably more to this story than just "guy goes crazy". The LAPD has a long and well-documented history of being corrupt assholes, combine that with the fact they almost killed random innocent civilians on more than one occasion while they were trying to assassinate Dorner, and I have a really hard time believing the LAPD has their hands clean in all of this.

But almost every single cop has issues, and are complete narcissists to the highest level.

As far as him being divorced, don't cops have the highest divorce rate of any profession?

Which is why I laugh at all these attempts to make him less of a hero. The LAPD has basically proved his claims during their entire manhunt.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #32
Nanners
Great college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
But almost every single cop has issues, and are complete narcissists to the highest level.

As far as him being divorced, don't cops have the highest divorce rate of any profession?

Which is why I laugh at all these attempts to make him less of a hero. The LAPD has basically proved his claims during their entire manhunt.

Even if "almost every single cop has issues" (which is false), they dont deserve to be hunted in the streets.

Dorner was not a hero. he was a crazy person who got pushed over the edge. Even if corrupt assholes pushed him over the edge, that does not excuse his actions.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #33
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Even if "almost every single cop has issues" (which is false), they dont deserve to be hunted in the streets.

Dorner was not a hero. he was a crazy person who got pushed over the edge. Even if corrupt assholes pushed him over the edge, that does not excuse his actions.

He was a hero to me and many people.

His actions are justified. Could've done without the 2 civilian killings tho.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #34
Nanners
Great college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
He was a hero to me and many people.

His actions are justified. Could've done without the 2 civilian killings tho.

You claim his actions are justified, even though half of the people he killed are innocent civilians. Some "hero".
Old 02-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #35
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
You claim his actions are justified, even though half of the people he killed are innocent civilians. Some "hero".

Too bad.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #36
Nanners
Great college starter

Quote:
Too bad.

you are fvcking stupid

andgar: its "too bad" that my hero killed those innocent civilians during his murder rampage, BUT HES STILL MY HERO
Old 02-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #37
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

Quote:

your activism begins and ends with u trolling a basketball message board.

you are childish and damn ignorant not to realize how fortunate uve been not to need the cops to protect u or someone close to u. grow up.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #38
LikeABosh
Banned

LikeABosh is starting to rub some people the wrong way

LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #39
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen

you are childish and damn ignorant not to realize how fortunate uve been not to need the cops to protect u or someone close to u. grow up.

Or how about cops actually harassing and beating or unwilling to protect those around me?

We've been in need of assistance in the past, and they did nothing. I and many around me have been abused by them in the past. The stories of abuse of power and brutality (by LAPD) coming from family and people around me is endless.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #40
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Look604
My cousin in LA, got his car door ripped off by some punk kid driving by in a supermarket parking lot.

They both agree who is at fault...my cousin files the claim but all of a sudden the punk kid's story changes and he's trying to flip the blame? My cousin's car was parked btw.

What happens? His car mysteriously gets flagged as stolen a few weeks later. LAPD just sitting in his work parking lot waiting for him?? A bit fishy...

Anyways, they drew guns on him and put one to the back of his head, in front of all his colleagues...at like 8am.

He was working for google or myspace at the time.

Turns out the kid's father is LAPD. How fcuked is that?

wtf they drew guns at the guy, there has got to be more to that story. Also as citizens I think we should take some blame for letting police departments to get away with this ish. We need to be far more demanding in changing the culture of corruption but it would probably be easier to try and nip it in the bud before it grows into the problems we see in the LAPD.
MMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #41
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

I have needed cops before, and I also know alot of people who were let down and even worse arrested by police when THEY called for help.

I'm not gonna say they deserve to be hunted in the streets (because I dont believe that) but I will say it is very hard to have any sympathy when a cop gets killed because of all the ill will they spread every single day.

some cops conduct themselves exactly the way they should, but way too many think they can do whatever they want without repercussions and it has an effect on their image as a whole
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #42
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I have needed cops before, and I also know alot of people who were let down and even worse arrested by police when THEY called for help.

I'm not gonna say they deserve to be hunted in the streets (because I dont believe that) but I will say it is very hard to have any sympathy when a cop gets killed because of all the ill will they spread every single day.

some cops conduct themselves exactly the way they should, but way too many think they can do whatever they want without repercussions and it has an effect on their image as a whole
andgar's got an irrational hatred of the police. he wants to believe every cop is evil. read his posts. im gonna go ahead and say thats a big reason why hes had a negative response everytime he's had dealings with the lapd.

theres a lot more good than bad cops out there. the trouble is the bad experiences hurt more deeply and really shift someone like andgar's reality way out of focus
Old 02-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #43
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
andgar's got an irrational hatred of the police. he wants to believe every cop is evil. read his posts. im gonna go ahead and say thats a big reason why hes had a negative response everytime he's had dealings with the lapd.

theres a lot more good than bad cops out there. the trouble is the bad experiences hurt more deeply and really shift someone like andgar's reality way out of focus

I wouldnt call it irrational... its close, but not quite totally irrational. I wouldnt say there are ALOT of good police officers. I would say there are some good police officers. There some officers who do their job and still find a way to have respect for the public.

But I have run into waay too many police like andgar describes to give police overall the benefit of doubt..

Cops f*ck with people for no reason at all.. They do some of the most dispicable things to other humans beings that it is very hard to have sympathy for them when brutal things happen to them. their culture is really f*cked up. Hearing that these cops shot at innocent people while looking Dorner? Im not surprised to hear that, thats like a given.. They usually act as though they dont respect the people they were hired to protect, and in many cases they act like they have contempt for innocent people.

Like I said, i dont think it is fair to condemn them all, but I will say that their institution (policing or the cop culture) is a cancerous institution that affects most of the people who go in and work for them.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #44
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:

Irrational?

You won't be saying the same thing if you've had the same experience I and many, many, many of the people I'm close to have.

Also, if you read my posts, you would've seen that I didn't paint all of the police with the same stroke. There are good cops, but they become just as guilty when they aid in the cover up or don't speak up. Again, go back and re-read most of my comments and I state the same thing repeatedly.

LOL @ "There's a lot more good cops out there" that's bullshit. You must not be a minority from L.A. if you believe that.

I'm not some idiot that'll let one or a couple of situations affect my entire view of an entire group. That's like me hating black people due to some bad experiences.

Perhaps…. maybe perhaps….

My views have been formed due to bad experiences not just once or twice or three times, but an entire lifetime of bad ones. Not just my experiences but those around me as well. These are generational experiences that have lasted a lifetime, a pattern that's endless since most of us can remember.

But I'm sure you know me and my experiences better than I do.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #45
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Quote:

Or how about cops actually harassing and beating or unwilling to protect those around me?

We've been in need of assistance in the past, and they did nothing. I and many around me have been abused by them in the past. The stories of abuse of power and brutality (by LAPD) coming from family and people around me is endless.

not one time in ur life uve been grateful for the police? just a laundry list of beatings and abuse. thats how i know ure carefully shaping everything to fit ur personal narrative.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: