Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #46
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Who still Believes? (Something positive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Why is the season a failure if they dont get out the 1st round?
How the Knicks played in the first part of the season isnt going to happen so what then? The players that made it happen are scrubs one isnt on the team any longer.
Sorry but expectations are much higher than just making the playoffs,at least for most of the fans.

I would say the goal for this team even before the season was making the ECF.
Right now I would be happy with just advancing the 1st round and be competitive in the 2nd but another first round exit would be unacceptable.

Maybe you would be pleased with us just making the playoffs but I surely wouldn't. I'm not asking much,just win a playoff series after so many years and then try to get as far as possible.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #47
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
The current starters + JR and Amare....that's my core, get out the first and they've sufficed the right to come back.

Dont make it, and all of them can kick rocks.
So all the guys that have multi year deals except Novak and Camby if they win.

Well its March and now I can start to get on this team and coach. If the coach is worth his salt this team should show what this team is the identity should have started establishing itself.

If Stat and Melo are worth anything this team in conjunction with Woody can show the fans something.

IMHO the only players that have shown me anything worth keeping is Stat, Melo, Felton, JR, Chandler but I know the fact is the roster needs a MAJOR upgrade (addition by subtraction works too) but Grummy (Grunwald hasnt impressed me) or a better coach. So the players under multi year deals are not going anywhere most likely ( I can wish Camby and Kidd retires), Grummy most likely isnt going anywhere, Woody most likely isnt going anywhere.

My expectations are different than other fans. I know this team is a 42-44 win team. So for me to say they have to win a 1st round series or go to the ECF I look ridiculous and crazy. I havent seen anything to change that.

I just want to see progress. I just want to see the next 2 years will be better I want hope.

Clutch this post was finished before I saw yours.

Last edited by Rameek : 03-01-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #48
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Sorry but expectations are much higher than just making the playoffs,at least for most of the fans.

I would say the goal for this team even before the season was making the ECF.
Right now I would be happy with just advancing the 1st round and be competitive in the 2nd but another first round exit would be unacceptable.

Maybe you would be pleased with us just making the playoffs but I surely wouldn't. I'm not asking much,just win a playoff series after so many years and then try to get as far as possible.
What have you seen from this team to justify this expectation. IMHO you cant say because of 18-5 when JR, Novak, Kidd, Brewer couldnt miss.

What is the tangible evidence that this team is that good?
Old 03-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #49
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
What have you seen from this team to justify this expectation. IMHO you cant say because of 18-5 when JR, Novak, Kidd, Brewer couldnt miss.

What is the tangible evidence that this team is that good?
What have I seen from other teams in this conference to say that they are better than us ?
Of course Miami is better. That's not even arguable. But other teams don't look any better than us. Bulls owned us in the regular season but we've seen what happened to them without Rose in the playoffs last year.
Pacers are good but they don't have a go to guy and who knows would they even advance to the 2nd round last year if they didn't face Dwight-less Magic in the 1st round.
Hawks and Bucks suck,Celtics are tough but are missing some key players and haven't really played well this season. I don't see why the Nets are better than us either.

So let me get this straight. We aren't a great team but besides Miami there aren't any great teams in the conference and that's why we need to get out of the 1st round.

We're arguable the 2nd best teams in the conference. Surely top4. That's why the 1st round exit would be a failure.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #50
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the east is just that bad they should make it out the first by default.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #51
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You can play .500 ball for two months, have three starters shooting below 20% from three in well over 5 games, and have an average defense and still occupy the two seed.

That alone should get you out of the first.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #52
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Got it. So this teams success is based on everyone elses short comings. None of you can say what this team is yet because no one knows. We know what they are not.

18-5 this team could not miss which minimizes fast breaks and allows the team to set up its defense and getting outrebounded isnt major because they dont miss. That was fools gold.

Point being if you cant point to what this team does well and base the performance on future success there is a problem.

This is what I am waiting to see from March forward. I want this team to have an identity.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #53
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Got it. So this teams success is based on everyone elses short comings. None of you can say what this team is yet because no one knows. We know what they are not.

18-5 this team could not miss which minimizes fast breaks and allows the team to set up its defense and getting outrebounded isnt major because they dont miss. That was fools gold.

Point being if you cant point to what this team does well and base the performance on future success there is a problem.

This is what I am waiting to see from March forward. I want this team to have an identity.
All teams are judged by the success of others.

Ive always said this team lives by the three, and the defense was overrated, only competing in the second halves of games.

That is their identity.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #54
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
You can play .500 ball for two months, have three starters shooting below 20% from three in well over 5 games, and have an average defense and still occupy the two seed.

That alone should get you out of the first.
My point is this... I know what this team is. My issue is other posters saying this team is better than that. Based on what?

Do I think this team can do better yes. The GM has hamstrung this team but his part is over until after the season. Getting better falls on the coach having a plan getting his roster to execute. It falls on Melo Stat then the others do it. What that it is is the unknown. We have not seen the roster change, coach influence, and players execute. What is this teams identity?

Dont tell me this team is this good because the East is weak.

I think Franchise and I have laid out what we want to see this team do on the floor offensively and defensively.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #55
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I'm saying that the East is so bad, that they should not lose in the first round.

There is only two teams in the east that can score.

Yes you need defense, but you cannot be all defense and no offense.

Thus why The Heat is on top and the Knicks are second.

The only bar for this team is how they do against the Heat, it's their only competition in the playoffs.

If they get knocked out without facing those guys it's realistically time to dismantle, but getting knocked out in the first....gut it all.

The East has gotten back to the days where the Pistons were the cream of the crop, there is little comp.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: