Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
westsideozzie
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 324
westsideozzie has an OK reputation so far
Default Dirk is better than KG.

Watching this Laker game made me realize that Dirk has been a great scorer and go to in the league. Sure he can be a defensive liability, but overall he's been a superior player than Garnett. The Garnett vs Duncan debate is silly, mainly because Duncan has been markedly better. But I have to give the nod to Dirk on this matchup
westsideozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
DirkNowitzki41
Monta Have It All
 
DirkNowitzki41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,366
DirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dirk is better than KG.

whats new?
DirkNowitzki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #3
Donnybrook
I hit open layups
 
Donnybrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 167
Donnybrook has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Dirk is better than KG.

You don't get points for defense. Despite Dirk being a better scorer, KG has more overall impact, and always has. They're both great players, but Dirk is quiet when he isn't scoring or in rhythm.
Donnybrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #4
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste
 
creepingdeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tempe, AZ / Heidelberg
Posts: 4,633
creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dirk is better than KG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideozzie
Watching this Laker game made me realize that Dirk has been a great scorer and go to in the league. Sure he can be a defensive liability, but overall he's been a superior player than Garnett. The Garnett vs Duncan debate is silly, mainly because Duncan has been markedly better. But I have to give the nod to Dirk on this matchup
Regardless of the same old, same old KG vs Dirk debate.. What is this? 2002?
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 8,126
JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Dirk is better than KG.

No. Not very close either.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #6
atljonesbro
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,290
atljonesbro has decent reputation
Default Re: Dirk is better than KG.

Call me when KG can carry a team like 2011 Dirk.
atljonesbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #7
PP34Deuce
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,322
PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation
Default Re: Dirk is better than KG.

For the next 2 years I'm taking KG. He will always hustle, play great team Defense and very solid Post defense while giving you an occasional 25 point game.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #8
PJR
College superstar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,874
PJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Dirk is better than KG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
No. Not very close either.

Um, it's definitely close. Don't be stupid.

You can't go wrong with either. You got Dirk's take over ability as a scorer, while being the ultimate stretch 4, single handedly providing spacing for teammates.

Or KG's all around play, masterful help defense.


I'll lean towards Garnett if all things are equal, but it's close.
PJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #9
brandonislegend
Old School Cool
 
brandonislegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,726
brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Dirk is better than KG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atljonesbro
Call me when KG can carry a team like 2011 Dirk.

Not many players could have done what he did, that was incredible.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #10
Pointguard
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Pointguard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 7,016
Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Dirk is better than KG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atljonesbro
Call me when KG can carry a team like 2011 Dirk.
Dirk didn't really carry that team. When their defensive anchor left that team, Dirk couldn't win a playoff game the next year. Carrying a team is like when KG lead his team in rebounds, points and be their defensive anchor in the regluar season and post season and finals like KG did. Dirk does his part of the pie which is score. Without Chandler they didn't win a playoff game because defense is a big piece of the pie. Marion and Kidd had the best defensive run probably ever in a playoff run in that year, both stopping two all time greats. Kidd also lead the team in assist and steals. Terry was their most accurate shooter over their last three wins. Tyson Chandler was their defensive anchor and lead the team in rebounds. Dirk was impressive and had big impact but lets not get carried away. You can't carry a team by scoring alone. Durant is a much bigger scorer than Dirk ever was. And he doesn't carry a team - he leads them but he doesn't carry them.

Besides why is OP saying this in a game Kobe will likely out clutch Dirk anyway?
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #11
Kevin_Garnett_5
College star
 
Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,928
Kevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this board
Default Re: Dirk is better than KG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atljonesbro
Call me when KG can carry a team like 2011 Dirk.
Call me when Dirk can anchor one of the best defenses in NBA history while being his teams best rebounder, scorer, and 4th quarter scorer in the Playoffs.
Kevin_Garnett_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #12
atljonesbro
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,290
atljonesbro has decent reputation
Default Re: Dirk is better than KG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5
Call me when Dirk can anchor one of the best defenses in NBA history while being his teams best rebounder, scorer, and 4th quarter scorer in the Playoffs.
Call me when you start hating on KG for team hopping for rings like you do to LeBron.
atljonesbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #13
atljonesbro
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,290
atljonesbro has decent reputation
Default Re: Dirk is better than KG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
Dirk didn't really carry that team. When their defensive anchor left that team, Dirk couldn't win a playoff game the next year. Carrying a team is like when KG lead his team in rebounds, points and be their defensive anchor in the regluar season and post season and finals like KG did. Dirk does his part of the pie which is score. Without Chandler they didn't win a playoff game because defense is a big piece of the pie. Marion and Kidd had the best defensive run probably ever in a playoff run in that year, both stopping two all time greats. Kidd also lead the team in assist and steals. Terry was their most accurate shooter over their last three wins. Tyson Chandler was their defensive anchor and lead the team in rebounds. Dirk was impressive and had big impact but lets not get carried away. You can't carry a team by scoring alone. Durant is a much bigger scorer than Dirk ever was. And he doesn't carry a team - he leads them but he doesn't carry them.

Besides why is OP saying this in a game Kobe will likely out clutch Dirk anyway?
Please. If you replace Dirk with Lamarcus Aldridge it's an easy first round exit for them, maybe a sweep.
atljonesbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #14
Kevin_Garnett_5
College star
 
Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,928
Kevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this board
Default Re: Dirk is better than KG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atljonesbro
Call me when you start hating on KG for team hopping for rings like you do to LeBron.
When have I ever hated on Lebron? Please find one post of me ever saying anything negative about Lebron and then get back to me.

And KG was traded to a team that won 24 games the previous season. And he didn't even want to leave the Timberwolves in the first place.
Kevin_Garnett_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #15
atljonesbro
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,290
atljonesbro has decent reputation
Default Re: Dirk is better than KG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5
When have I ever hated on Lebron? Please find one post of me ever saying anything negative about Lebron and then get back to me.

And KG was traded to a team that won 24 games the previous season. And he didn't even want to leave the Timberwolves in the first place.
A large portion of the forum hates LeBron for that. KG couldn't win a ship with the wolves, so he joined up with 2 other stars of the time so he could actually win one. While on the other hand Dirk stayed loyal, persevered, and won with a 2nd option of Jason Terry. Kg could NEVER dream of that.
atljonesbro is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy