Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #16
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Charles Barkley Early Career Highlights (Sixers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Mound
The Dude Is Similar to Barkley in Terms of Ballhandling and Coast to Coast Power Dunks. He Is Not the Mid Range Shooter, Post Scorer, 1 on 1 Off the Dribble Scorer or In Small Space Scorer, Rebounder, and Passer Charles Was. Also, Barkley Was a Pretty Good Help Defense and Chase Down Shot Blocker. I`ve Seen Barkley Block Hakeem, Shaq and Other Centers Dunk Straight Up With No Steps Taken. Charles Is Much Stronger than Griffin but Its True, Griffin Sure Will Develop Into One of the Most Athletic Powerforwards Ever, If Not Now Itself. I Don`t Understand Why People Say He is The New Karl Malone Because His Game Resembles More to Charles

His midrange jumper this year has improved tremendously and is very solid. His post scoring is yet again at the top of the NBA for the 3rd year in the row. He's just behind Lebron this year in points in the paint for 2nd, ranked 1st last year and ranked 2nd his rookie year to Dwight by .2 . He's a career 3.5 apg player which which not far behind Chuck's career average.

Point is... Blake does a lot of the same things Barkley did but he's just halfway through his 3rd season so no shit he's not as good as legendary, in prime Barkley who is a top 20 player all time. I think Blake has a shot at being a top 5 PF all time though eventually if he stays healthy, plays a long time and keeps improving.

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 02-25-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:36 PM   #17
Round Mound
NBA lottery pick

Round Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
His midrange jumper this year has improved tremendously and is very solid. His post scoring is yet again at the top of the NBA for the 3rd year in the row. He's just behind Lebron this year in points in the paint for 2nd, ranked 1st last year and ranked 2nd his rookie year to Dwight by .2 . He's a career 3.5 apg player which which not far behind Chuck's career average.

Point is... Blake does a lot of the same things Barkley did but he's just halfway through his 3rd season so no shit he's not as good as legendary, in prime Barkley who is a top 20 player all time. I think Blake has a shot at being a top 5 PF all time though eventually if he stays healthy, plays a long time and keeps improving.

Barkley is More in The Top 10-15 Range of All Time Rankings if You Go Real Analysis and Broken Down Stats of Efficiency.

Check Out Chuck`s FG% with the Sixers, Especially 2-Point FG% and You Should Understand Why They Should Never Be Compared as Mid Range and Post Scorers. Rebounding? He Does it Very Well but Barkley Lead the League as a Rebounder his 3rd Season at 14.6 RPG, Still Not on Barkley`s Level, Passing? Not Even Close! Defense? As Good But He Won`t Develop Into a Great Team Defender Untill He Learns How to See the Court With More Awareness. Chuck Had That and He Highest SPG Average for the PF Position, Ever.

Agree, He Does Resemble Chuck In Some Ways but They are Merely Just Athletically Wise. Strength? Barkley Was Way Stronger. I Mean Whole Body Strength BTW.

He is a Fine Player but Not a Superstar Yet. The Only Playres that Where Better than Barkley in his 3rd Season: Was MJ, Magic and Bird.

Last edited by Round Mound : 02-25-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Round Mound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:44 PM   #18
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Mound
Barkley is More in The Top 10-15 Range of All Time Rankings if You Go Real Analysis and Broken Down Stats of Efficiency.

Check Out Chuck`s FG% with the Sixers, Especially 2-Point FG% and You Should Understand Why They Should Never Be Compared as Mid Range and Post Scorers. Rebounding? He Does it Very Well but Barkley Lead the League as a Rebounder his 3rd Season at 14.6 RPG, Still Not on Barkley`s Level, Passing? Not Even Close! Defense? As Good But He Won`t Develop Into a Great Team Defender Untill He Learns How to See the Court With More Awareness. Chuck Had That and He Highest SPG Average for the PF Position, Ever.

Agree, He Does Resemble Chuck In Some Ways but They are Merely Just Athletically Wise. Strength? Barkley Was Way Stronger. I Mean Whole Body Strength BTW.

He is a Fine Player but Not a Superstar Yet. The Only Playres that Where Better than Barkley in his 3rd Season: Was MJ, Magic and Bird.

I don't think Barkley was way stronger but no way to prove it. Blake's muscled pretty much anybody including pre back surgery Dwight around in the paint.. I doubt Barkley was stronger than prime Dwight Howard at 280. Rebounding.. Barkley was a master and I don't expect Blake to ever be as good at it as Barkley who is one of the best rebounders of all time.

Passing Barkley has an edge, I just meant to say Griffin is a superb passer as a young PF and the career assist averages are close. Way too soon to compare them though, guy who brought Blake up was trolling.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #19
Round Mound
NBA lottery pick

Round Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I don't think Barkley was way stronger but no way to prove it. Blake's muscled pretty much anybody including pre back surgery Dwight around in the paint.. I doubt Barkley was stronger than prime Dwight Howard at 280. Rebounding.. Barkley was a master and I don't expect Blake to ever be as good at it as Barkley who is one of the best rebounders of all time.

Passing Barkley has an edge, I just meant to say Griffin is a superb passer as a young PF and the career assist averages are close. Way too soon to compare them though, guy who brought Blake up was trolling.

Barkley was Stronger than Dwight Body Wise. Dwight Might Have a Nicer Looking Uper Torso to The Eye but That Doesn`t Resemeble Whole Body Strength. Chuck`s Pulling Strength and Lower Torso (butt and legs) Was Legendary. Robert Parish Used to Say "Being Pushed Around With Barkley Is Like Being Pushed Around With Tractor Compactor Machine".

I`ve Seen Chuck Push Away a 300 lbs Shaq Out of the Box (prior to his 350 lbs days in the Lakers) that says Alot. Charles Barkley had Natural Strength Beyoned What the Eye Tells You

Charles Was 28 lbs Overweight In Houston for Many Games, Drexler Even Mentioned It. Barkley said the Lowest He Could Get While Still Feeling Strong was 260 lbs. So the Dude Was Around or More than 280 lbs With Houston.

Barkley`s Strength

Check Out Barkley`s Lower Torso Strength Here in This Video at 3:42

He Moves 7'2 ft and 290 pounds Greg Ostertag Like He Was Just Paper in the Rebound Fight.

Last edited by Round Mound : 02-26-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:57 PM   #20
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster

Short white guys...... Next.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:09 AM   #21
Round Mound
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Short white guys...... Next.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #22
Round Mound
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
When I see Chuck now I forget about how athletic he was.

His Natural Strength Was Probably The Most Impressive Part of His Athletic Capacity. Then His Reaction Jump for Putbacks after Own Misses.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: