Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-25-2013, 02:31 AM   #16
tazb
HoFx3+1

tazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrytazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrytazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: OKC Signs Derek Fisher....Again

What's the point, we all know Kobe & Fisher can't win any rings without Phil Jackson.
tazb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:34 AM   #17
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
You're the definition of misinformed. You have no idea what you're talking about in terms of the Thunder and understanding their decisions. Just stop.

It's not complicated. OKC chose avoiding the luxury tax over winning championships.

When they traded away Maynor (for $$$ reasons), OKC fans were claiming they didn't need a 3rd string PG because they had Reggie Jackson... then they sign a 3rd string PG.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:35 AM   #18
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So he backed out of a deal again using his sick child only to sign somewhere else a few weeks later.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:37 AM   #19
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpibb
Presti's not good, though.

We just didn't need this signing to prove it.
Yeah, you're right...Presti is a terrible GM.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:37 AM   #20
clayton
Banned

clayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat cool

LA sent Fisher to sabotage OKC again.
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:38 AM   #21
Budadiiii
Banned

Budadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
It's not complicated. OKC chose avoiding the luxury tax over winning championships.

When they traded away Maynor (for $$$ reasons), OKC fans were claiming they didn't need a 3rd string PG because they had Reggie Jackson... then they sign a 3rd string PG.
Yes, and they're two completely different situations. It's not like they randomly decided to trade Harden and Maynor for the **** of it like your post makes it seem like. Maynor wasn't apart of the run last year, Fisher was.

You still drooling over him hitting a couple of threes in the 2011 playoffs? He's not that good and that situation overrated the hell out of him. OKC made a good move.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:39 AM   #22
24r2
High School Varsity 6th Man

24r2 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

24r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:43 AM   #23
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

They don't need a 3rd string PG that badly. Maynor was an expiring contract rotting on the bench. Them signing Fisher doesn't really prove the point you're trying to make. This doesn't really prove shit one way or the other.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:50 AM   #24
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
They don't need a 3rd string PG that badly. Maynor was an expiring contract rotting on the bench. Them signing Fisher doesn't really prove the point you're trying to make. This doesn't really prove shit one way or the other.

The only point I'm making is that OKC will avoid the luxury tax at all cost, even if it means trading away important pieces, which may eventually cost them a championship.

Regardless of how you feel about Maynor, he's significantly better than Derek Fisher. Regardless of how you feel about Harden, he's significantly better than Martin.

I actually just think it's sad to watch a title contender continue to deplete their roster to avoid the luxury tax. I was hoping this OKC team would come back and beat the Heat this year... but they'll need a miracle to beat the Heat in a series with their current roster.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:51 AM   #25
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Why not just develop Jeremy Lamb and let him play? I know hes not a PG but at this point Fisher ain't much of one ethier.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:53 AM   #26
#1SportsFan86
Mavs All Day

#1SportsFan86 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton

Yea and how did that work out for the Lakers in the playoffs?...
#1SportsFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:01 AM   #27
Budadiiii
Banned

Budadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Why not just develop Jeremy Lamb and let him play? I know hes not a PG but at this point Fisher ain't much of one ethier.
You don't think they're trying? You can't just force a guy to be capable of playing in the NBA. Feel like nobody has even watched Jeremy Lamb play. He's not capable of being a backup in the NBA right now.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:02 AM   #28
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
The only point I'm making is that OKC will avoid the luxury tax at all cost, even if it means trading away important pieces, which may eventually cost them a championship.
You know neither one of those things with any kind of certainty. Just because they traded Harden doesn't mean they're going to "avoid the luxury tax at all costs." And no one knows if it'll cost them a championship or not. Even if they don't win it all this year...that doesn't prove anything, yet.

Quote:
Regardless of how you feel about Maynor, he's significantly better than Derek Fisher. Regardless of how you feel about Harden, he's significantly better than Martin.

I agree, but they weren't going to re-sign Maynor after the season anyway. The Fisher signing is a little head-scratching, but it doesn't mean anything unless he starts getting 15 minutes a game. As for Martin and Harden, yes, Harden is clearly a lot better than Martin. But it's not like he'd be averaging 20-5-5 in the 6th man role in OKC this year.

Quote:
I actually just think it's sad to watch a title contender continue to deplete their roster to avoid the luxury tax. I was hoping this OKC team would come back and beat the Heat this year... but they'll need a miracle to beat the Heat in a series with their current roster.
How'd they deplete their roster? They've still got the 2nd best player on the planet, another top 5-10 player, and a 23 year old top 10 PF. Letting one of your top 15 players in the league and a third string PG go is hardly depleting the roster.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:04 AM   #29
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

mrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
You know neither one of those things with any kind of certainty. Just because they traded Harden doesn't mean they're going to "avoid the luxury tax at all costs." And no one knows if it'll cost them a championship or not. Even if they don't win it all this year...that doesn't prove anything, yet.

I agree, but they weren't going to re-sign Maynor after the season anyway. The Fisher signing is a little head-scratching, but it doesn't mean anything unless he starts getting 15 minutes a game. As for Martin and Harden, yes, Harden is clearly a lot better than Martin. But it's not like he'd be averaging 20-5-5 in the 6th man role in OKC this year.

How'd they deplete their roster? They've still got the 2nd best player on the planet, another top 5-10 player, and a 23 year old top 10 PF. Letting one of your top 15 players in the league and a third string PG go is hardly depleting the roster.

You can't put Durant over Lebron or Spanoulis. You just can't.
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:25 AM   #30
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton
haha
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: