Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #16
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation
Default Re: Do you have any health concerns that worry you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
My only health concern is the usage of nicotine... its not from smoking though, so thats a big relief as nicotine itself is not fatal, i mean it cant give you cancer or something... although it can bottleneck your cardio/workout somewhat and i guess after many many years you could get higher blood pressure...

you dip?

Mouth cancer son.....

My only concern is Drinking too much and Postin up every other night.( smokin w33d)
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #17
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

with my eating habits
i think death is around the corner
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #18
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
you dip?

Mouth cancer son.....

My only concern is Drinking too much and Postin up every other night.( smokin w33d)

lol, hell no, thats very dangerous, gives you cancer and is kindof disgusting...

In Europe we have a new thing called SNUS Portion, which the Scandinavians invented and used for almost 200 years i think, nobody in those years has yet died (or got cancer) from using SNUS.... because its only nicotine.... It gets only nicotine in your system.... Scientific research backs up the health risks aswell... its harmless...

There is a reason i guess Scandinavians have the lowest rate of nicotine related cancerous deaths on planet earth...

It somewhat looks like Snuff (dip) and gets confused with it alot, but its something completely else... Snuff is a word for American oral tobacco, that black dirt you put inside of your mouth, its disgusting and is very cancerous (due to the nasty chemicals it has).... so its nothing like that.......

Its a very small teabag white portion you put inside your upper lip, it is not visible, doesnt smell, tastes delicious, you can choose the percentage of nicotine content and can even have zero nicotine (replaced with green-tea or something like that)........... and best of all its as harmless as a nicotine patch.........

Looks like this:

You Americans should be jelous!

But, still... nicotine is addictive....... and ofcourse like i said may bottleneck your cardio somewhat and there is a risk for high blood pressure after many years of usage.... besides that, its all good!

I think Millwad should know about this.... he is Swedish right?

Last edited by pauk : 02-25-2013 at 06:32 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #19
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Just the sheer amount of things I'm addicted to.

Nicotene (a pack every 3 days, not horrible, not great)
Rx Meds (Anxiety Medication I've been taking nightly for 5 years for insomnia)
Caffiene (Two Monster Rehab energy drinks every morning, started aftertaking the meds)
THC (Nightly blazer, only at night though...again usually just for sleep)
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #20
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green

Caffiene (Two Monster Rehab energy drinks every morning, started aftertaking the meds)

Nicotine is no bad boy, its the smoking... you can basically smoke only vitamine content and still get cancer, lots of nasty chemicals in cigarettes and ofcourse logically inhaling smoke turns your lungs black, that cant be good lol...
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #21
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green

Caffiene
(Two Monster Rehab energy drinks every morning, started aftertaking the meds)

Da Fuq?
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #22
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia ę

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
I have postural hypotension, which is basically getting light headed when you stand up suddenly. It doesn't always happen, but it's often enough to be concerning. Doc says my blood pressure is naturally low because I'm in good aerobic shape and this is known to cause it, so I hope that is the explanation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthostatic_hypotension

I have this also.
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #23
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
Da Fuq?

Everyone says this to me, that's why I said I started drinking them after I had been taking the meds for a while. The energy drinks get consumed before 7:30 AM and I don't usually go to sleep until 11:00 PM....there's no way it's in my system over 12 hours later. The caffiene is because I take the medication, not the other way around.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:01 PM   #24
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
lol, hell no, thats very dangerous, gives you cancer and is kindof disgusting...

In Europe we have a new thing called SNUS Portion, which the Scandinavians invented and used for almost 200 years i think, nobody in those years has yet died (or got cancer) from using SNUS.... because its only nicotine.... It gets only nicotine in your system.... Scientific research backs up the health risks aswell... its harmless...

There is a reason i guess Scandinavians have the lowest rate of nicotine related cancerous deaths on planet earth...

It somewhat looks like Snuff (dip) and gets confused with it alot, but its something completely else... Snuff is a word for American oral tobacco, that black dirt you put inside of your mouth, its disgusting and is very cancerous (due to the nasty chemicals it has).... so its nothing like that.......

Its a very small teabag white portion you put inside your upper lip, it is not visible, doesnt smell, tastes delicious, you can choose the percentage of nicotine content and can even have zero nicotine (replaced with green-tea or something like that)........... and best of all its as harmless as a nicotine patch.........

Looks like this:

But, still... nicotine is addictive....... and ofcourse like i said may bottleneck your cardio somewhat and there is a risk for high blood pressure after many years of usage.... besides that, its all good!

We have this in America too, I use a can per day. I like it because I can keep a pouch in while I work out and don't have to carry a spitter bottle around. It can still give you mouth cancer btw.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #25
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i havent been to the doctors in like 10+ years for any type of inspection (except emergency room for stab wound and on another occasion broken arm xray and cast)

prly some weird shit going on inside of me, but i dont wanna know!
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #26
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've had horrible back spasms for about 15 months. I used to think an athlete missing a game with back spasms was a pansy excuse, until I've experienced them.

Last April/May/June they were so bad that I literally had a hard time walking. Just horrible pain. I could pretty much only lay down and it still hurt.

I went to some physical therapy in Jan/Feb and things are a little better, but it's still bad. I just can't quite find all of the kinks.

The only good thing is, the problem is definitely muscle and not my actual spine.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #27
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Looks like this:

yeah.. snus 100% causes cancer. You can get mouth, tongue, throat, and even stomach and colon cancer from that shit.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:12 AM   #28
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
I've had a swollen saliva gland under my jaw for about a year and a half. One doctor told me it was a swollen lymph node, another doctor poked and prodded and said it was nothing. Finally an ENT doctor figured it out. I recently told him it hasn't gone away and he wants me to get a CT scan. I'm not scared, but it does nag at me.

Also, a couple of weeks ago all the nerves in my upper body up to my jaw seem to be constantly active. I've been under huge amounts of stress over the past 2 years, but lately things have been great. So, I'm not really nervous, but this constant tingling doesn't allow me to focus. This one has me concerned cause it could go away or remain forever depending on what's going on. I'm in the process of trying to get to the bottom of it.

What are your concerns? Have any of you gone through what I described above?
Bro you're gonna die soon..

Future RIP..
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:33 AM   #29
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

My upper back/lower neck hurts when sitting down because of sitting for work 8 hours a day. ****ing annoying.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:44 AM   #30
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have an ulcer but I've been on meds for a couple months and it seems to be healing. No biggie, just gotta be careful what I eat at times.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: