Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-27-2013, 02:53 AM   #31
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Do you have any health concerns that worry you?

I had a kidney transplant in July after dealing with a kidney disease for almost 9 years, and now I have a compromised immune system because of the medications to prevent rejection of the kidney, which makes me more susceptible to other health problems.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:01 AM   #32
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I had a kidney transplant in July after dealing with a kidney disease for almost 9 years, and now I have a compromised immune system because of the medications to prevent rejection of the kidney, which makes me more susceptible to other health problems.

That must have been rough, good luck, I hope it all works out and you remain healthy.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:03 AM   #33
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
That must have been rough, good luck, I hope it all works out and you remain healthy.

I hope so too. So far so good.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:42 AM   #34
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've had two swollen lymph nodes under my jaw since summer 2011. I got my wisdom teeth pulled later that summer and still they have never gone down. My throat feels weird at times and I've had other strange issues. Sometimes I see flashes of light, tingling on my scalp, and shots of pain in my chest. The doctor says those are nerves not my heart.

I've had blood tests done and the doctor says it's nothing. It's like I have some sort of infection that never goes away. I just live with it because I'm tired of being told it's nothing.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #35
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
I've had two swollen lymph nodes under my jaw since summer 2011. I got my wisdom teeth pulled later that summer and still they have never gone down. My throat feels weird at times and I've had other strange issues. Sometimes I see flashes of light, tingling on my scalp, and shots of pain in my chest. The doctor says those are nerves not my heart.

I've had blood tests done and the doctor says it's nothing. It's like I have some sort of infection that never goes away. I just live with it because I'm tired of being told it's nothing.

I've been through a similar situation with the before mentioned saliva gland and perhaps a lymph node next to it. I've had an ultrasound, blood tests, and a heart check up over a year ago and everything shows up fine. I've also had the tingling and the aches. It's a double edged sword to hear nothing's wrong cause that's great to hear but at the same time these symptoms are still felt.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #36
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I always wonder how much better my mile time would be if I didn't have such severe allergies and asthma.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #37
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I've had horrible back spasms for about 15 months. I used to think an athlete missing a game with back spasms was a pansy excuse, until I've experienced them.

Last April/May/June they were so bad that I literally had a hard time walking. Just horrible pain. I could pretty much only lay down and it still hurt.

I went to some physical therapy in Jan/Feb and things are a little better, but it's still bad. I just can't quite find all of the kinks.

The only good thing is, the problem is definitely muscle and not my actual spine.
I had this problem when I hit 19 years of age. I couldn't walk for like a week straight. And even after that my back hasn't been the same.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #38
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

Every now and then I get chest pains and with some pain in my left arm. I am not even 40 yet and I am starting to have heart attacks (or symptoms of them).

My family has history of diabetes, high blood pressure, and cancer.

My diet is and always has been terrible. Too much fries, burgers, pizza, etc....
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #39
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

I have two things that concern me. My left knee has been banged up for quite some time now and I don't know why, I feel pain when I try to bend it. This is kind of embarrassing to say but I've had a.nal fissure for the past couple of years, it comes and goes. I'm 22 btw.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:54 PM   #40
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Was playing basketball during the summer. Landed weird on my knee. Since then, I always get this weird sensation when I run or bend it. Sometimes it's sore, other times it's not. Lol, too broke to get a X-ray.

This might sound weird, but I have a huge fear of being in quiet rooms. It's this anxiety I built up in college. Anxiety sucks. I had a couple of close friends who dealt with it before me and now I know how hard it is to explain to someone who doesn't deal with it.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #41
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Rx Meds (Anxiety Medication I've been taking nightly for 5 years for insomnia)
Caffiene (Two Monster Rehab energy drinks every morning, started aftertaking the meds)
Try Melatonin. I've always had huge issues with sleep, but with Melatonin I'm almost always out in 30 minutes or less. I use Schiff Melatonin Plus.

I can be really groggy if my alarm wakes me up, but often I simply wake up naturally at the end of a sleep cycle, wide awake and ready to go. Rather than a narcotic of some sort, it's designed to flood your brain with chemicals that calm you so that you don't stay up longer than your body knows you should.

As for this thread, ... really painful to read through. I've been convinced I had cancer about a half-dozen separate times in my life (for a period of weeks or longer). I'd say I'm a full-on hypochondriac. I've concluded it's not so much a disease as the main symptom of spending too much time by yourself. Everyone in my family lives to 80, period. Even those who go to war or smoke 3 packs a day make it to 80. This is what I tell myself. But the best cure is to leave the house...

Last edited by Clifton : 02-27-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #42
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
Try Melatonin. I've always had huge issues with sleep, but with Melatonin I'm almost always out in 30 minutes or less. I use Schiff Melatonin Plus.

I can be really groggy if my alarm wakes me up, but often I simply wake up naturally at the end of a sleep cycle, wide awake and ready to go. Rather than a narcotic of some sort, it's designed to flood your brain with chemicals that calm you so that you don't stay up longer than your body knows you should.

x2 for Melatonin. Knocks me the hell out and I wake up totally refreshed. I can take some Nyquil or antihistamine based sleep aids and they will put me out, but I wake up in a fog.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:20 PM   #43
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i got gallstones. i will eventually have to get my gall bladder removed.
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:36 PM   #44
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9512
Every now and then I get chest pains and with some pain in my left arm. I am not even 40 yet and I am starting to have heart attacks (or symptoms of them).

My family has history of diabetes, high blood pressure, and cancer.

My diet is and always has been terrible. Too much fries, burgers, pizza, etc....

Are you serious?
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #45
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Best way to cure sleep problems is to work out the root cause and eliminate it.
You are doing something wrong if you need drugs to sleep.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: