Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #46
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Do you have any health concerns that worry you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
I've had a swollen saliva gland under my jaw for about a year and a half. One doctor told me it was a swollen lymph node, another doctor poked and prodded and said it was nothing. Finally an ENT doctor figured it out. I recently told him it hasn't gone away and he wants me to get a CT scan. I'm not scared, but it does nag at me.

Also, a couple of weeks ago all the nerves in my upper body up to my jaw seem to be constantly active. I've been under huge amounts of stress over the past 2 years, but lately things have been great. So, I'm not really nervous, but this constant tingling doesn't allow me to focus. This one has me concerned cause it could go away or remain forever depending on what's going on. I'm in the process of trying to get to the bottom of it.

What are your concerns? Have any of you gone through what I described above?

The bottom of it is in the same paragraph. It's been caused by stress.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #47
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
I have postural hypotension, which is basically getting light headed when you stand up suddenly. It doesn't always happen, but it's often enough to be concerning. Doc says my blood pressure is naturally low because I'm in good aerobic shape and this is known to cause it, so I hope that is the explanation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthostatic_hypotension

that's not an illness dude, I wouldn't even think about it.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:46 PM   #48
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

only concern is probably high blood pressure. I eat a lot of salty/high sodium food. Used to be fine back in school because I played sports almost everyday, flushed it out of my system. Now i dont get to exercise as much, but still keep up the intake. trying to tone down my diet slowly.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:57 PM   #49
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

For a few months, I had something like really excess sweat coming out of my ass. To the point where it was uncomfortable to walk, I mean. I eventually went to the non-urgent hospital where a very nice asian doctor (man) gave me the rubber glove treatment and politely commended me on how tight my ass was. That turned into a colonoscopy, to two biopsies where they cut part of my colon out from my ass because they thought it could be cancer. I had to literally bite a towel to shit for a week after each of those....worst pain imaginable. After they both turned up negative, I said **** it, and stopped going to the doctor about it. It eventually cleared up on its own, and later on, a few years later I was hanging out with this kid watching TV and an Ambien commercial came on. I met him after all this happened, but he turned to me and told me he heard it caused "anal leakage" online. I started laughing, like "Anal leakage, dude? Really? That's the best you could come u...." Pulled out my phone, turns out there were multiple cases of this happening. I had been taking Ambien that entire time.

Last edited by code green : 02-27-2013 at 11:07 PM.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: