Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #16
steve

Default Re: Wizards are 13-9 since Wall came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymaker
So are the Wiz giving Beal a break, or is he a trading chip for the offseason? How you Wiz fans see it?

The last two months he's been scoring about 16 points per game on 46% shooting and 51% from three. And he still hasn't turned 20. I'm not sure why they'd trade him at this point or even consider it.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #17
ZaaaaaH
Banned

Wall plays great for first 3 Quarters Like LeBron.

Jokes aside Wall playing bad in 4th Q is not a joke. TO after TO critical moments of the game and gets bailed out due to great Team defense Wiz played all year.

If Wall can get a 15 footer Jumpshot DAM now we will be talking about a Allstar but this kid is FAR FAR Away from getting one which is Pissin me off as a Wizards fan because I just dont understand how your Jump shot can get worst from his Rookie year.

Overall team is playing very well and Witman is showing me some promise as a coach. Biggest Problem is the Organization and the GM. Moral is not their due to dumb ass moves the Wizards make or dont make every year.
ZaaaaaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #18
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

Quote:
So are the Wiz giving Beal a break, or is he a trading chip for the offseason? How you Wiz fans see it?

no he's on a great contract and he's got a ton of potential. Ernie won't trade one of his few good moves unless some miracle deal comes along
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #19
ZaaaaaH
Banned

Quote:

I didnt like Beal earlier in the Season but this kid is really coming along to be a solid player.

He is a nice kid with great attitude I just feel he is too quiet with no anger/edge in his game which I like from Young players but the kid is showing me little bit of light that he can become a Great All around player years to come.
ZaaaaaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #20
plUto or bUst
I hit open 5-footers

Wall is seriously starting to get underrated around here. I would definitely rather have Wall then Irving right now (as a PG). Plays MUCH better defense than Irving. Much better playmaker / passer / floor general than Irving. It's no surprise the Wiz are picking it up with him on the floor.

No offense to Irving though, since Irving is definitely a top 5 shooting guard.
plUto or bUst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #21
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by plUto or bUst
Wall is seriously starting to get underrated around here. I would definitely rather have Wall then Irving right now (as a PG). Plays MUCH better defense than Irving. Much better playmaker / passer / floor general than Irving. It's no surprise the Wiz are picking it up with him on the floor.

No offense to Irving though, since Irving is definitely a top 5 shooting guard.

thread derail in 5...4....3....
Old 02-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #22
tontoz
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
I wanted to ask if Vesely can ever turn into a decent bench player. I still think he can. Singleton as well. Booker, I never knew was much of a problem and Seraphin looked great at the end of last year. They're not starters (maybe Singleton down the line) but they can be on a team. Maybe not all on this team tho.

A new GM, I agree with. But your coach isn't good enough. Not from anything he's shown.

i dont see how a new coach would improve things. Randy has them playing hard and playing great D. But he can't help them make a shot.

Ves and Singleton are too offensively challenged to be viable NBA players. Booker has been too injury prone.

Seraphin's problem is mainly mental. He just lacks basic basketball awareness. He will be right under the rim and try to shoot a fading hook. He can't rebound for crap either. He has a long way to go between the ears before he becomes a good player. He has the talent though.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #23
dynasty1978
Local High School Star

No love for Martell Webster?

He's been surprising consistent for the Wiz this year averaging career highs in scoring, FG% and 3pt %.

In February alone:
13.1 ppg
52.6 FG%
56.6 3pt%
dynasty1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #24
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynasty1978

He's been surprising consistent for the Wiz this year averaging career highs in scoring, FG% and 3pt %.

In February alone:
13.1 ppg
52.6 FG%
56.6 3pt%

He's exactly the role player we needed at the 3. Plays great with Wall
Old 02-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #25
tontoz
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
He's exactly the role player we needed at the 3. Plays great with Wall

He'll also be a UFA this summer.

Currently 5th in the league in 3 pt percentage. Maybe they can resign him but it is anyone's guess.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #26
ihoopallday
King James

Can you believe I've only watched the Wizards once this entire season. I wish league pass wasn't so expensive.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #27
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
He'll also be a UFA this summer.

Currently 5th in the league in 3 pt percentage. Maybe they can resign him but it is anyone's guess.

I hope ernie has the sense to prioritize resigning him this offseason
Old 02-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #28
steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynasty1978

In February alone:
13.1 ppg
52.6 FG%
56.6 3pt%

Isn't he leading the league in 4 point plays too (slightly arbitrary, but seems to have a knack for getting fouled).

The reason guys like Webster and Beal play so well with Wall is because of how disciplined they are. Last season, Wall led the league assists from the corner three and he's really excellent at drawing defenders from the wing and then finding the man in the corner. And this was playing with guys like Crawford and Young who liked to freelance a lot. Playing with Webster and Beal is so much different as both them know when to shoot to the corner when Wall is driving. Also, watch when the Wall is flying down the court on a fast break, neither of them fill the lane like you're traditionally taught to, instead they immediately sprint to the corner and let one of the bigs trail Wall. If there's enough resistance going to the basket, Wall almost always finds one of the wings in the corner for an open three.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: