Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-26-2013, 12:48 AM   #1
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind

ncrizzle is considered somewhat coolncrizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Rudy gay shoots under 10% vs wizards

Shooting under 40% since being traded to the raptors. Meanwhile the Grizzlies have won 7 straight and are now assisting on close to 60% of their baskets while also scoring more ppg than before. What are raptors fans thoughts now that you have gotten to see you what ru di can do. There is no doubt that he can put up points, but at what cost? Paying someone 18 mill a year to someone who shoots under 40 percent is pretty rough
ncrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:49 AM   #2
atljonesbro
National High School Star

atljonesbro has decent reputation
Default Re: Rudy gay shoots under 10% vs wizards

Joe Johnson 2.0.
atljonesbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:52 AM   #3
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrizzle
Shooting under 40% since being traded to the raptors. Meanwhile the Grizzlies have won 7 straight and are now assisting on close to 60% of their baskets while also scoring more ppg than before. What are raptors fans thoughts now that you have gotten to see you what ru di can do. There is no doubt that he can put up points, but at what cost? Paying someone 18 mill a year to someone who shoots under 40 percent is pretty rough

Raptors have Lowry, DD, Gay, Ross and no one near the basket to post up, its a huge flaw.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:55 AM   #4
che guevara
National High School Star

che guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this board

Rudy's pretty much a dime-a-dozen wing scorer, I've never thought he was an impact player. He's hyped because of his talent and potential, but he's never come close to realizing it. And he was a legit negative for most of the season on the Grizzlies, I expected them to get better after the trade, or at least not have a dropoff. Grizzlies are probably happy to get rid of him and his bloated contract.
che guevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:01 AM   #5
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by che guevara
Rudy's pretty much a dime-a-dozen wing scorer, I've never thought he was an impact player. He's hyped because of his talent and potential, but he's never come close to realizing it. And he was a legit negative for most of the season on the Grizzlies, I expected them to get better after the trade, or at least not have a dropoff. Grizzlies are probably happy to get rid of him and his bloated contract.
Paul George will be the same exact way.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #6
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Doesn't change the fact the Grizzlies are a s.hit franchise that doesn't care about winning titles
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #7
Foster5k
College star

Foster5k has not been impressing people

Guy still has potential to be elite. If he had the work ethic of Lebron, dude would be killer. I'll give me one or two more years to prove me wrong. I still have hopes for this guy.

Last edited by Foster5k : 02-26-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Foster5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:47 AM   #8
Don Klein
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Don Klein has an OK reputation so far

No, it's Rudy Gay. Not under %10! Not this guy! Noooooo! MY GOD!
Don Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #9
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
Paul George will be the same exact way.

yeah, except that george is already an elite defender, and a better 3pt shooter, and hes only going to improving his game

i can see you point, that you dont think is a future superstar, as many have pegged him to be, but he'll never be negative impact guy either, hes too good defensively.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #10
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Nash is starting to rub some people the wrong wayNash is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Toronto have been good with Gay.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:09 AM   #11
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Win streak came with Qunicy coming back, Rudy is a good player who yeah is over payeed but still you can't say hes not a good player hes been fantastic for Toronto regardless of the most overrated stat in basketball FG% Give me Rudy Gay's 40% over Dwights 60+ % any day . The trade was great for both teams
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #12
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster5k
Guy still has potential to be elite. If he had the work ethnic of Lebron, dude would be killer. I'll give me one or two more years to prove me wrong. I still have hopes for this guy.
It's his 7th year in the NBA. You might want to direct that hope elsewhere. What you see now is what you'll get from Gay.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #13
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
It's his 7th year in the NBA. You might want to direct that hope elsewhere. What you see now is what you'll get from Gay.

unfortunate but true.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #14
Haymaker
College star

Haymaker has decent reputation

Hollinger says: "I told you so"
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #15
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

dirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this board

Quote:

They knew what they got when they traded for him. He is is terrible player to have on a good team. He is isolated and not able to understand the synergy effect of team play like Marc Gasol does. Like many scorers before him, he wont change. Iverson, JR Smith, Kobe etc. They can some times show a ability to create for others, but it never last. They are scorers and teams need them.

Teams need players like Rudy Gay because their ability to score when the rest of the team goes into Boris Diaw mode. Passiv playing style and little energy.

They knew what they got when they traded for him. They are not going to win a championship, but at least the fans got something to watch.

Fans thinks that teams are all about winning the championship. You cant turn around a team like the Raptors in a season. They will have a totally different team when Gays contract runs out. At that time they have got some new young players, might have some draft picks. Potential, a new coach and a expiring Rudy Gay.
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: