Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #16
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague has not been impressing people
Default Re: Houston signs Tim Ohlbrecht to multi-year deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd
"
Going undrafted when he was automatically eligible for the draft in 2010, Ohlbrecht was scrutinized at times for his inability to meet the lofty expectations set out for him as a teen, where he was a contributor for Telkom Baskets Bonn and Brose Baskets Bamberg in Euroleague and EuroCup competition nonetheless. He played in the Beijing Olympics in 2008 with the German national team, which is a significant accomplishment for a player who just turned 20 years old.

After spending all seven of his seasons as a pro playing in Germany, Ohlbrecht raised some eyebrows when he decided to enter the 2013 NBADL Draft, sending his career on a nearly unprecedented trajectory for a former highly touted international draft prospect. Despite being offered guaranteed six-figure (net) contracts in his home country, he elected to sign a C-Level contract in the D-League for $13,000 (non-guaranteed)."

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Tim-Ohlbrecht-536/

It's not true. Draftexpress is a known POS hack site anyway. Half the stuff there is a complete joke.

Again, it is NOT true.

he ASKED for the contracts and didn't get them. He did NOT "turn them down".

And DE is a complete JOKE of a site.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #17
howlin_wolf
I airball my layups

howlin_wolf is considered somewhat coolhowlin_wolf is considered somewhat coolhowlin_wolf is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
It's not true. Draftexpress is a known POS hack site anyway. Half the stuff there is a complete joke.

Again, it is NOT true.

he ASKED for the contracts and didn't get them. He did NOT "turn them down".

And DE is a complete JOKE of a site.

Euroleague's actually right on that one. Remember many articles about the negotiations between him and the Skyliners. Neither Ohlbrecht or Skyliners did ever mention any certain numbers publically, but what is known is that they couldn't find an agreement due to Ohlbrecht's high demands. Also Skyliners thought that youngster Voigtmann had a higher ceiling than him.

He is however definitely NOT a scrub and does fit the Rockets frontcourt pretty well.
howlin_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #18
bmd
Local High School Star

bmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlin_wolf
Euroleague's actually right on that one. Remember many articles about the negotiations between him and the Skyliners. Neither Ohlbrecht or Skyliners did ever mention any certain numbers publically, but what is known is that they couldn't find an agreement due to Ohlbrecht's high demands. Also Skyliners thought that youngster Voigtmann had a higher ceiling than him.

He is however definitely NOT a scrub and does fit the Rockets frontcourt pretty well.
Got a source to support that? All I can find are sources saying he turned six figure contracts down.
bmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #19
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd
Got a source to support that? All I can find are sources saying he turned six figure contracts down.

Draftexpress isn't a source. It's a personal website and it's a known hack site. You cannot trust anything on that website.

Ohlbrecht asked for big contracts this summer from German clubs Skyliners and Alba, but they did NOT want to pay him that.

Draftexpress is simply full of shit. And all the other "sources" are just copying their bullshit.

It's very misleading and wrong for them to claim he "turned down" contracts that teams CHOSE not to give him, because they didn't want to pay what he was asking.

Last edited by Euroleague : 02-26-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #20
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlin_wolf

I didn't say he was a scrub. I said he was considered one in Europe. He's good enough to play in NBA, and he's better than the crap player they had before in Aldrich. But he was considered a scrub in Europe for the most part.

Rubio was a scrub in Europe also. Does not mean they can't play in NBA.

Last edited by Euroleague : 02-26-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #21
howlin_wolf
I airball my layups

howlin_wolf is considered somewhat coolhowlin_wolf is considered somewhat coolhowlin_wolf is considered somewhat cool

http://www.fr-online.de/skyliners-fr...,16619136.html

Quote:
Die Verhandlungen mit Center Tim Ohlbrecht sind „aktuell in der Intensität ein wenig abgeflacht“, so Novak. Nach der Verpflichtung des U-20-Nationalspielers Johannes Voigtmann sind die Skyliners ohnehin nicht mehr unbedingt auf Ohlbrecht angewiesen.

Negotiations with Center Ohlbrecht have lost intensity. Dont rely on him anymore because of Johannes Voigtmann.

http://www.fnp.de/fnp/sport/ueberreg...858142.de.html

Quote:
Beide Seiten signalisierten zwar ihre Bereitschaft für eine weitere Zusammenarbeit, möglichst für die nächsten zwei Jahre. Doch nach Informationen dieser Zeitung kam eine Einigung wegen der unterschiedlichen Gehaltsvorstellungen bislang nicht zustande.

Both sides signal willingness to work together for the next 2 years. Agreement cant be settled tho, because of different wage expectations
howlin_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #22
bmd
Local High School Star

bmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Draftexpress isn't a source. It's a personal website and it's a known hack site. You cannot trust anything on that website.

Ohlbrecht asked for big contracts this summer from German clubs Skyliners and Alba, but they did NOT want to pay him that.

Draftexpress is simply full of shit. And all the other "sources" are just copying their bullshit.

It's very misleading and wrong for them to claim he "turned down" contracts that teams CHOSE not to give him, because they didn't want to pay what he was asking.
So then find a source backing up what you are saying. It should be easy if you read about it somewhere...
bmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #23
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd
So then find a source backing up what you are saying. It should be easy if you read about it somewhere...

WTF? You already got a source given to you.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: