Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
Coolaak
High school junior varsity star

Coolaak is starting to rub some people the wrong wayCoolaak is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Lakers Bulls Summer trade

would bulls do this trade?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...6&postcount=10

Deng for Gasol

Or

Hamilton/Boozer for Gasol
Coolaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #2
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is considered somewhat coolTheMarkMadsen is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Lakers Bulls Summer trade

no way in hell Lakers take on Boozers contract with it having more years than Gasol.

They gotta make sure they've got enough cap for Lebron in a few years
TheMarkMadsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Hamilton/Boozer for Gasol???

Who does the Bulls FO have to blow to get that done?
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
Coolaak

Coolaak is starting to rub some people the wrong wayCoolaak is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
no way in hell Lakers take on Boozers contract with it having more years than Gasol.

Lebron will never join the lakers, it would be insult to lakers nation.
We do not want Lebron on our team, he is the anti-lakers
Old 02-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #5
Coolaak

Quote:

Boozer on a bad contract, but Kobe has little time left for another championship.I would try my best to win now, maximize Kobe talent.
Then after Kobe, I dont mind 2 - 3 years of waiting to rebuil
Old 02-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #6
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

I'll give you Boozer and RIP for Gasol.

Don't think I could give up Deng for Gasol. Especially if Boozer hasn't been moved before hand.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #7
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is considered somewhat coolTheMarkMadsen is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by (e)
I'll give you Boozer and RIP for Gasol.

Don't think I could give up Deng for Gasol. Especially if Boozer hasn't been moved before hand.

i wouldn't want Rip, dude is done.

how bout Nate Robinson, Boozer & Belineli & Butler for Gasol & Duhon?

Last edited by TheMarkMadsen : 02-26-2013 at 12:51 PM.
TheMarkMadsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #8
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

Almost zero chance Deng is moved for Pau

And almost same chance Lakers take on the balance of Booz's contract unless Chi gives up some young pieces, which goes back to the original probability this happens.

And Booz is playing well, but the dollars on that last year is going to kill the deal
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #9
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolaak

What makes you so sure Lakers management wouldn't pursue LeBron? Most Cavs fans have turned around and stated they would welcome James back even after how he left that organization. You don't think the majority of Lakers fans would love to have LeBron on their team?
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #10
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolaak

haha. this phagg0t thinks he actually speaks for laker nation. Laker nation would welcome any player on their team at any cost if it helped them think they can fool the rest of you laker fans that they will win the championship
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #11
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

The Deng for Gasol trade is a fair trade talent wise right now, but Chicago would probably say no because they wouldn't fancy losing a piece for their franchises's future.

The RIP and Boozer trade for Gasol is a very unbalanced trade, and the Lakers would give an emphatic no to that. You're taking Boozer's contract off the Bulls hands, giving them a $20 Million expirer, and get no real talent back for your troubles (RIP is washed up, no he's not a real talent any longer)?

Only trade that would meet both team's desires, and a trade I've been saying should happen since the end of the 2011 season, is:

Boozer & Deng

for

Gasol & Artest

Gasol and Artest are both expirers next year, about $27 Million if I'm mistaken. That is bound to widen some eyes in the cheap Bull's front office. For the immediate, Gasol is the best player out of the four, and would finally give the Bulls the interior offensive presence they've been seeking since 2006. The trade also opens up even more time for Butler, who the Bulls are very high on - Butler, though young, is already a better player than Artest is. And actually, it's not even close when considering Artest's disturbingly low ball IQ.

Lakers do this trade because, though they are taking on money in longer contracts, Deng provides the type of perimeter defense that the Lakers so desperately need. A truly formidable wing player to put next to a 35 year old Kobe, that will surely still be productive, but I doubt as productive as he's illustrated this year (though I didn't expect him to be putting up 27, 5, and 6 on 47% this year either so, I suppose anything is possible).

Boozer would be a serviceable big whether off the bench or in the starting lineup. His contract would inhibit the Lakers for two seasons, which would delay the rebuilding process around Dwight (if he resigns) for a season, but in terms of productivity, Boozer would be moderately good fit in D'Antoni's "system" in terms of his 12-15 foot jump shot (though that's where it ends). Deng gives Nash an actual viable option when he's looking for a scorer on the perimiter outside of Kobe to distribute the ball to off the screen. And, a lineup of

Dwight
Clark
Deng
Kobe
Nash

could potentially do somethings if Dwight returns to his 22 and 14 days, and Clark continues his productivity in the following season. Your starting lineup just got younger, more athletic, and more flexible.

Just my two cents.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #12
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is considered somewhat coolTheMan is considered somewhat cool

Anyone who says the Lakers or any NBA team for that matter, doesn't want LBJ is bullshitting you.

fvckin Miami lucked out when he chose them (Wade and Rielly really worked him over) because Miami would be crap today if Bron chose another team or stayed in Cleveland.
TheMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:02 PM   #13
Coolaak

The Lakers is a franchise players dream about to play with, but the Lakers do not dream anyone.
With or without lebron, Lakers will remain competetive forever. We dont want this clown here.As I said he is the anti-lakers.He is a rival, not a friend.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #14
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
Only trade that would meet both team's desires, and a trade I've been saying should happen since the end of the 2011 season, is:

Boozer & Deng

for

Gasol & Artest
Just my two cents.

What makes you think Chicago wants Artest back? Not a chance in hell that happens.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #15
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
i wouldn't want Rip, dude is done.

how bout Nate Robinson, Boozer & Belineli & Butler for Gasol & Duhon?

I can't stop laughing
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: