Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #16
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board
Default Re: MJ and Kobe Team Alpha v.s. LeBron and Pippen Team Beta: Best of Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
Why don't you replace some of the scrubs of both teams with stars and revise the teams to look like.
Because I want the team leaders and best players to be an Alpha v.s. Beta thing.

The role players balance each other out. Chalmers and Armstrong are similar players to me. Both are tough, can dribble, stand out on the perimeter and wait for kick outs ... have wet jumpers, and play solid man defense.

The size of team Alpha's guards over the size of team Beta's guards, negates the size advantage team Beta's forwards have over team Alpha.

Starks gives that team Beta a bit of toughness, Anthony Mason was a big dude with quick feet who could body a Pippen or LeBron defensively, and still have a solid offensive game with a decent jumper.

Cartwright is a calming presence for hot heads like Jordan and Kobe, keeping them in check. Much the way Stark balances out Bron and Pippen's lack of ferocity and anger.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #17
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MJ and Kobe Team Alpha v.s. LeBron and Pippen Team Beta: Best of Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
RoundMoundofRebound aka possible another paul alternate. A Raptor fan who EXCLUSIVELY talks LeBron and seemingly nothing else, always rushing to his aid and getting butt hurt when criticism is raised of him.

Okay i posted facts and instead of debating them you're calling me an alt? Grow up. You post/create more Lebron threads than i do. I post about plenty of other stuff.
RoundMoundOfReb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #18
PrettyCool
Banned

PrettyCool has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstern
John Starks is not beta.

Aren't you guys getting tired of all these Alpha Beta threads. It makes the person bringing them up look like wannabes.

I was just about to post that.
PrettyCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #19
avonbarksdale
meat mountain

avonbarksdale has a very bad reputationavonbarksdale has a very bad reputationavonbarksdale has a very bad reputationavonbarksdale has a very bad reputationavonbarksdale has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
Wade was not elite last year. He was injured. He put up worse finals numbers than '95 drexler did. And Lebron was very effective in the half court in the finals. Is this another troll post? lol..

Edit:

Half court stats:

6th in the league as pnr ball handler
6th in isolation
3rd in spot ups
15th in post ups (this has been trending upwards recently he was at 0.82 ppp before feb iirc now he's at 0.94)
27th on cuts
51st off screen (only 39 attempts though so small sample)
he has success as a pnr roll man as well but the heat don't do this enough imo.

compared to kobe (who we all consider a good half court scorer):

21st at pnr ball handler
21st at isos
194th at spot ups
5th in post ups
10th off screens
91st in cuts

i was gonna post d-wade too but all you need to know is that wade is worse than lebron at all the categories except post-ups where he is 5th (tied with kobe).

holy **** all you do all day is post lebron stats get off the guys dick jesus
avonbarksdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #20
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Okay i posted facts and instead of debating them you're calling me an alt? Grow up. You post/create more Lebron threads than i do. I post about plenty of other stuff.
And you trolled hard. Wade not being elite.

Even injured, the dude was studly. Only ELITE players drop 40+ in playoff games. The fact you made him out to sound bummy shows your STAN like agenda.

And no where was I saying Bron didn't have an epic playoffs, because he did. Prior to last playoffs, in 2011, he was a very average at best half court / ISO player.

He's playing much better in that regard, because he seems to have regained some of that explosion he had in Cleveland.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #21
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
And you trolled hard. Wade not being elite.

Even injured, the dude was studly. Only ELITE players drop 40+ in playoff games.

And no where was I saying Bron didn't have an epic playoffs, because he did. Prior to last playoffs, in 2011, he was a very average at best half court / ISO player.

He's playing much better in that regard, because he seems to have regained some of that explosion he had in Cleveland.
I said he wasn't elite in the finals. I still think he is an elite player. He was great in the first 2 rounds last year.
RoundMoundOfReb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #22
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kobe was a beta aka sidekick from 1996 to 2004. LeBron was a beta in the 2011 NBA Finals. The Miami Heat won an NBA Championship last year with LeBron as the Alpha/Leader/Superman, and best regular season and playoffs performer.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #23
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Because I want the team leaders and best players to be an Alpha v.s. Beta thing.

The role players balance each other out. Chalmers and Armstrong are similar players to me. Both are tough, can dribble, stand out on the perimeter and wait for kick outs ... have wet jumpers, and play solid man defense.

The size of team Alpha's guards over the size of team Beta's guards, negates the size advantage team Beta's forwards have over team Alpha.

Starks gives that team Beta a bit of toughness, Anthony Mason was a big dude with quick feet who could body a Pippen or LeBron defensively, and still have a solid offensive game with a decent jumper.

Cartwright is a calming presence for hot heads like Jordan and Kobe, keeping them in check. Much the way Stark balances out Bron and Pippen's lack of ferocity and anger.

Okay I see your point, but I can't picture some of the guys you mentioned to still play to their role player personalities if they're on a different team. For example, Starks might be more of just a spot up shooter when you've got LeBron and Pippen creating off the perimeter as opposed to having a guy like Ewing to dish it where you need to handle the ball yourself.

Spot-up shooter mentality =/= Offense creator mentality.

Also I'd imagine some of the role players for team alpha wouldn't be too happy with not getting any touches at all. It would be Michael ISO, Kobe ISO, Michael ISO, etc... similar to how Wade and LeBron first played when they joined up in 2011.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #24
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I pick the 2nd team. Prime Michael Jordan and 2004-13 Kobe wouldn't co-exist with his equals or superiors. Just look at the current Lakers right now. Jordan needs to b1tch slap Kobe, and tell him to accept his role as the Robin, The Best Supporting Actor, The Vegeta of Team Alpha

Both Pippen and LeBron are both unselfish NBA Players. LeBron is going to be the best player of Team Beta. Team Beta (Luc Longley, Pippen, LeBron, Starks, and Chalmers) wins in 5 games.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 02-26-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #25
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Quote:
I said he wasn't elite in the finals. I still think he is an elite player. He was great in the first 2 rounds last year.
He was the 4th best player in the series, arguably 3rd. Who cares? He was putting up 22 / 5 / 5 ish numbers? I forget the exact amount.

That's better than Pippen.

But don't sit here and act like you don't come off as a huge stan for LeBron. Always rushing to his defense, like some sort of pauk alternate (Pacers4Life, sh0wtime, Nash) ... how do you think dude got all those green bars? He has mad amounts of alternates.

Anyway, you didn't answer the question, bro. All you did was defend LeBron. Who are you taking, and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron23
I pick the 2nd team. Prime Michael Jordan and 2004-13 Kobe wouldn't co-exist with his equals or superiors
Bull.

I think MJ is the one guy Kobe absolutely respects, and would be willing to fall in line to. The guy is his hero after all, defends him all the time in the media. Think about it.

Kobe wouldn't fall in line to Shaq cause he's lazy. MJ is driven.

Kobe wouldn't fall in line with a Wade, because he doesn't respect his lack of skills or toughness. MJ is super tough as they come, and arguably as skilled or more so than Kobe.

Kobe wouldn't fall in line with LeBron because he thinks he might lack some sort of testicular fortitude. MJ had the most heart out of anyone.

MJ is the one guy he respects and admires. He's better than Kobe. Superior athleticism, and same skill set, if not greater. I see Kobe having no problems being the wing man to Jordan and falling in line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron23
Kobe was a beta aka sidekick from 1996 to 2004. LeBron was a beta in the 2011 NBA Finals. The Miami Heat won an NBA Championship last year with LeBron as the Alpha/Leader/Superman
And Kobe was 2x champion, back to back as Alpha / Leader / Iron Man, with a better well rounded roster, yet with SIGNIFICANT less star power talent at his side (see Wade and Bosh)

Two can play that game, bro.

Kobe has no one on his team capable of going off for 40+ points in a playoff game, while being INJURED no less.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #26
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
He was the 4th best player in the series, arguably 3rd. Who cares? He was putting up 22 / 5 / 5 ish numbers? I forget the exact amount.

That's better than Pippen.

But don't sit here and act like you don't come off as a huge stan for LeBron. Always rushing to his defense, like some sort of pauk alternate (Pacers4Life, sh0wtime, Nash) ... how do you think dude got all those green bars? He has mad amounts of alternates.

Anyway, you didn't answer the question, bro. All you did was defend LeBron. Who are you taking, and why?

Bull.

I think MJ is the one guy Kobe absolutely respects, and would be willing to fall in line to. The guy is his hero after all, defends him all the time in the media. Think about it.

Kobe wouldn't fall in line to Shaq cause he's lazy. MJ is driven.

Kobe wouldn't fall in line with a Wade, because he doesn't respect his lack of skills or toughness. MJ is super tough as they come, and arguably as skilled or more so than Kobe.

Kobe wouldn't fall in line with LeBron because he thinks he might lack some sort of testicular fortitude. MJ had the most heart out of anyone.

MJ is the one guy he respects and admires. He's better than Kobe. Superior athleticism, and same skill set, if not greater. I see Kobe having no problems being the wing man to Jordan and falling in line.

And Kobe was 2x rings, back to back as Alpha / Leader / Iron Man, with a better well rounded roster, yet with SIGNIFICANT less star power talent at his side (see Wade and Bosh)

Two can play that game, bro.

Kobe has no one on his team capable of going off for 40+ points in a playoff game, while being INJURED no less.

Chris Bosh missed plenty of Games in the 2012 NBA Playoffs. LeBron led his team in major statistical categories ( points, rebounds, assists, and steals) from the first round up to the NBA Finals.

CB1 only played 14 games in the post season.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIA/2012.html

Last edited by Lebron23 : 02-26-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:37 PM   #27
Roundball_Rock
NBA lottery pick

Roundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Given recent statements:

Team Alpha

C - Bill Cartwright
F - Anthony Mason
F - Kobe
G - MJ
G - BJ Armstrong

v.s.

Team Beta

C - Luc Longely
F - Pippen
F - LeBron
G - John Starks
G - Mario Chalmers

Who do you got, best of seven series?

Oh, pre 2005 rule set. Thus, hand checking and physicality. Ala what we saw in this year's All Star Game. Real defense.

at how being a jerk is equated by some basketball fans as being "alpha." That Lebron James, hands down the best player in the league for several years and a player who may go down as the GOAT, is deemed a "beta" illustrates vividly how so much psychobabble has infiltrated the basketball universe.

Lebron took scrubs. Scrubs! To the NBA finals. That is not "alpha"? Why? Because he isn't a jerk?

Ask Luc Longley, BJ, Cartwright, Kerr, and co. about leadership. Who did they turn to when they needed encouragement, inspiration, etc.?

The second team wins. Why? The first team would have no ball movement between its two ball hogs.

Last edited by Roundball_Rock : 02-26-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Roundball_Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #28
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
Why don't you replace some of the scrubs of both teams with stars and revise the teams to look like.

Team Alpha (shoot first):

C: Shaq
PF: Z Bo
SF: Kobe
SG: MJ
PG: Allen Iverson

Team Beta (Create/Pass first, Shoot second):

C: Noah
PF: Duncan
SF: LeBron
SG: Pippen
PG: Magic
lol at Magic being beta. Do you even know what people mean by Beta or alpha mentality?
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #29
quartwarier
Can barely lace up my sneakers

quartwarier has not been impressing people

People only say Lebron is beta because he hurt there feelings, or ****ed there team up.
quartwarier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #30
RRR3
Ryūja no Mai

RRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How on earth is Chalmers a Beta (personality wise)?
LeBron is an alpha as well.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: