Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board
Default Prime Cwebb or Prime Dirk who you got?

lets get this party started
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
KrizMiz
Serious playground baller

KrizMiz has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Prime Cwebb or Prime Dirk who you got?

as good as dirk is/was - i would take c-webb

reason? i like him!
KrizMiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
Micku
NBA lottery pick

Micku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Peak vs peak?

Dirk. His 2011 performances was better than anything C-Webb done. Dirk was on fire and couldn't miss a shot. He was great all year, but he activated god mode in the playoffs.

C-Webb, unfortunately, wasn't really clutch. Dirk was also consider a choker prior to the 2011 season, but the Mavs teams always C-Webb was more fun to watch, and you could build a great team around him. It wasn't like he wasn't capable of winning a championship (Kings 2002), but injuries did do him in.

But Dirk ever since his third year until now, his team always had 50+ wins. C-Webb wasn't the same case. It could be a little unfair since you have take account coaching and other teammates, but a team with Dirk had more success. So, I would take Dirk to win.

But that Kings 2002 team was better than the Mavs 11 team, and is one the best teams to never win it all.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

OP is a KG fan
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #5
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
OP is a KG fan

so ?
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #6
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm a big fan of Chris Webber, but I'd probably have to take Dirk Nowitzki here, of whom I'm also a fan. Webber was nasty good, but I feel like he could be stopped or thwarted to some extent easier than Dirk. At his best, Dirk Nowitzki was essentially unstoppable. Once he had that look in his eye, you knew it was over.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 02-26-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #7
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I don't know that Webber ever fully hit a peak. But he was certainly more talented. Sure, Dirk's run was better than any one thing Webber has done, but that's not the same.

This is actually hard for me. Webber was better when they were both playing, but Dirk kept growing. He never had a team as good as the 01-04 Kings (shame that officiating and an injury ended 3 potential runs), but he's consistently had a good team around him, made for him to succeed...

I don't know. Dirk got it done and was consistent. Webber was kinda up and down and didn't set a standard for himself to play at. So I guess I have to take Dirk.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #8
305Baller
Maybe I'm a sophist.

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

I would also take CWebb for the all-around game. But late-career-clutch-Dirk is lethal.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #9
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't believe CWebb hit his prime. He played on bad teams pre-prime, and then got hurt during what was probably his prime.

Taking Dirk by default.
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #10
Norcaliblunt
Good High School Starter

Norcaliblunt is considered somewhat coolNorcaliblunt is considered somewhat cool

Webber was great, but the guy just wasn't clutch at all. Calling time outs in the national championship game when they didn't have any. Air balling clutch shots in Sacramento. Bibby was their go to guy at the end of games. So I'm going with Dirk. Webber was the man though. I wish he would've stayed and played out his career in Golden State.
Norcaliblunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #11
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I don't believe CWebb hit his prime. He played on bad teams pre-prime, and then got hurt during what was probably his prime.

Taking Dirk by default.

pretty much this.
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:06 PM   #12
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation here

Webber had a nice all around game, but he was super overrated as a scorer. Thought he was much better than he really was. Dirk kills him in that one category enough to easily get the nod.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:10 AM   #13
DirkNowitzki41
Monta Have It All

DirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

dirk >> webb and kg
DirkNowitzki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:14 AM   #14
Segatti
Good High School Starter

Segatti has no real reputation yet.

Op is butthurt because some people think Dirk is better than Garnett... get over it.
Segatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:16 AM   #15
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way

But Webb beat The Dream Team
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: