Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #31
Shaquille O'Neal
Serious playground baller

Default Re: Does LAL s 2002 championship have an asterisk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
Where's your video showing all the terrible calls from game 5 that favored Sacramento in order to "extend the series."

Oh yeah, you have an agenda, that's where.

If that's your counterpoint, that's up to YOU to go get. This is about game 6, and I have provided my evidence. Not doing your homework FOR you.
Shaquille O'Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #32
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
You can make a legit case that the few amount of titles Miami has, both deserve an asterisk

2006 - 06 Finals referring
2012 - lockout

What does the lockout change? Every team is effected by it.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #33
IllegalD

Whenever people (who obviously have a strong dislike for the Lakers and their success) bring up this topic I always find it curious that no one ever seems to mention two very important facts:

1) Game 5 was STOLEN from the Lakers on a botched call in the closing seconds of the game. Down 1, Webber tries to make a move toward the basket and in typical choking fashion completely loses the ball out of bounds. Except the refs missed/blew the call and rewarded the ball back to the Kings, saying it had gone off Robert Horry. Kings get the ball back, Bibby hits the game-winner.

VIDEO PROOF of said play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KjXHQSKzqs&feature=player_detailpage#t=25 3s

Here's Phil Jackson's response when asked about Donaghy's claims back in 2008:

Quote:
Also Tuesday, Lakers coach Phil Jackson was asked about the allegations regarding Game 6 of the 2002 series against Sacramento.

"Was that after the fifth game, after we had the game stolen away from us after a bad call out of bounds and gave the ball back to Sacramento and they made a 3-point shot?" he said. "There's a lot of things going on in these games and they're suspicious, but I don't want to throw it back to there."

The only inaccurate part in that statement is that Phil incorrectly remembers the Kings making a 3 pointer to win it, when it was really just a 2.

2) THE KINGS SHOT MORE FT'S FOR THE SERIES THAN THE LAKERS. 187 FT's total for the Kings, 185 for the Lakers. The Lakers who had Shaq in his prime, the most dominant bigman the game has probably ever seen, who you couldn't guard without fouling essentially, and Kobe in his athletic prime, who use to take it to the hole at will. But the Kings, a jumpshooting team with a bigman in Webber who was always criticized for taking too many jumpers and not banging in the paint enough, shot more FTs for the whole series.

But you guys are still bringing up this "tinfoil hat" conspiracy bullspit a decade later?

IllegalD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #34
Shaquille O'Neal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
It depends how you mean. Lakers legitimately won the finals. Anyone who says otherwise is a Laker hater or a retard.

The WCF is, well, you know.

This is true - they legitimately won the 2002 FINALS.

However Sac-town would have creamed NJ easily as well.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #35
IllegalD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille O'Neal
This is true - they legitimately won the 2002 FINALS.

However Sac-town would have creamed NJ easily as well.

Care to address the evidence I posted proving that the Kings benefited from blown calls/whistles just as much as the Lakers? Or are you going to "conveniently" ignore it so that you can go on telling yourself that the Kings were the "real champs" in 2002, so you can justify your anti-Laker bias and sleep at nights?

Old 02-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #36
Shaquille O'Neal

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllegalD
Whenever people (who obviously have a strong dislike for the Lakers and their success) bring up this topic I always find it curious that no one ever seems to mention two very important facts:

1) Game 5 was STOLEN from the Lakers on a botched call in the closing seconds of the game. Down 1, Webber tries to make a move toward the basket and in typical choking fashion completely loses the ball out of bounds. Except the refs missed/blew the call and rewarded the ball back to the Kings, saying it had gone off Robert Horry. Kings get the ball back, Bibby hits the game-winner.

VIDEO PROOF of said play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KjXHQSKzqs&feature=player_detailpage#t=25 3s

Here's Phil Jackson's response when asked about Donaghy's claims back in 2008:

The only inaccurate part in that statement is that Phil incorrectly remembers the Kings making a 3 pointer to win it, when it was really just a 2.

2) THE KINGS SHOT MORE FT'S FOR THE SERIES THAN THE LAKERS. 187 FT's total for the Kings, 185 for the Lakers. The Lakers who had Shaq in his prime, the most dominant bigman the game has probably ever seen, who you couldn't guard without fouling essentially, and Kobe in his athletic prime, who use to take it to the hole at will. But the Kings, a jumpshooting team with a bigman in Webber who was always criticized for taking too many jumpers and not banging in the paint enough, shot more FTs for the whole series.

But you guys are still bringing up this "tinfoil hat" conspiracy bullspit a decade later?

I suppose you still believe in Santa too? So your entire argument FOR game 5 being fixed is ONE SINGLE call?

There was a LITANY of NON-CALLS that benefited Los Angeles in game 6 and EVEN more "phantom" calls that killed Sacramento.

Please. Go wait on the tooth fairy while I live in reality.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #37
chazzy
NBA All-star

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=233197
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #38
Shaquille O'Neal

Quote:
Care to address the evidence I posted proving that the Kings benefited from blown calls/whistles just as much as the Lakers? Or are you going to "conveniently" ignore it so that you can go on telling yourself that the Kings were the "real champs" in 2002, so you can justify your anti-Laker bias and sleep at nights?

Call(S) is plural. You mentioned ONE call. Words mean things, and so do letters. Wake me up when you have a letter from Ralph Nader or a former official coming clean about the calls in Game 5.

You're just embarrassing yourself at this point. I watched these games LIVE and don't need YOUTUBE replays of the series.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #39
IllegalD

Quote:
Call(S) is plural. You mentioned ONE call. Words mean things, and so do letters. Wake me up when you have a letter from Ralph Nader or a former official coming clean about the calls in Game 5.

You're just embarrassing yourself at this point. I watched these games LIVE and don't need YOUTUBE replays of the series.

ONE call that changed the ENTIRE OUTCOME OF THE GAME.

So you're telling me it's not possible that the refs realized that they screwed the Lakers out of the win in Game 5, and decided to make Game 6 a make-up to give them the win that was rightfully theirs? And even if the refs didn't do that, IT'S STILL JUSTIFIED. Lakers got screwed out of a win, got it back in Game 6. Deal with it. Who cares about the number of calls it took. An outcome is an outcome.

Also, I love how you "conveniently" ignored the 2nd point I made about the Kings, a jumpshooting team shooting MORE TOTAL FTs for the "rigged" series than a team with prime Shaq and prime athletic Kobe.

Who's the one that's embarrassing himself now?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #40
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinglegend
It also happened against the Celtics game 7 finals.

This is the problem. Your lame ass is here being just bitching against Kobe and his teams. You have an agenda that has no basis in truth, but just uses that as a guise to not shut the **** up.

Last edited by Whoah10115 : 02-26-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #41
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:

I didn't know a bad call was the equivalent of a whole game or even quarter.

I guess that call means there's no chance of the Kings winning that game, right?

I guess Game 2 and Game 7 was absolute shit, as well, right?
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #42
Shaquille O'Neal

Quote:
ONE call that changed the ENTIRE OUTCOME OF THE GAME.

Who cares about the number of calls it took.

You just typed both of these "sentences" in the same argument. I didn't realize people could be this dumb. Well done!

Quote:

Who's the one that's embarrassing himself now?

Uhm...one guess. Grab a mirror...
Old 02-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #43
SpecialQue
7-time NBA All-Star

*checks basketballreference*

Nope. It's not there.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #44
IllegalD

Quote:
You just typed both of these "sentences" in the same argument. I didn't realize people could be this dumb. Well done!

Uhm...one guess. Grab a mirror...

Typical tinfoil-hat-wearing, Laker-hater ploy. Try to get off the subject and make it about the person their arguing with.

Denial is a helluva a drug.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #45
Doctor Rivers
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy

Standing applause
Doctor Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: