Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-27-2013, 02:21 AM   #16
Jello
Hume>Kunt.

Jello is starting to rub some people the wrong wayJello is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Adjusted per cost of living, Houston dominates with the highest standard of living

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
An empty library.

Quote:
Sold it for $265k
Damn, I'm moving to texas.
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:24 AM   #17
Jello
Hume>Kunt.

Jello is starting to rub some people the wrong wayJello is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Adjusted per cost of living, Houston dominates with the highest standard of living

Wow ish has a lot of rich people. How many houses does rufus own? 3?
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:47 AM   #18
bmd
Local High School Star

bmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected poster

My home in Houston was appraised a few months ago for $240,000 at 2,850 square feet with wood floors and a pool. Here is a home that is very similar to mine. It is even in the same neighborhood. $249,000, 2,919 square feet with wood floors and a pool. Very very similar:

bmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:57 AM   #19
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

All that for $240,000? Mind = Blown.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:04 AM   #20
bmd
Local High School Star

bmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
All that for $240,000? Mind = Blown.
It's just the opposite for me. I'm surprised at how expensive some other cities are.
bmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:09 AM   #21
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd
It's just the opposite for me. I'm surprised at how expensive some other cities are.

The house I actually live in year round, not the place I posted in that other thread, is a relative dump compared to this one you showed and it's valued at like $100,000 more.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:18 AM   #22
Nanners
College star

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
Dallas and Austin come up 2nd and 3rd. Texas trifecta baby!

http://blog.chron.com/opportunityurb...ard-of-living/

Its amazing that houston is $13k ahead from the next highest on the list, that is a pretty enormous gap.

The gap between #1 Houston and #2 Dallas is as large as the gap between #2 and the cities at the end of list... NYC and San Fran

Last edited by Nanners : 02-27-2013 at 03:20 AM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:50 AM   #23
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular

Big_Dogg is a pretty well-respected posterBig_Dogg is a pretty well-respected posterBig_Dogg is a pretty well-respected poster

Is this for real, I think I will have to buy some houses there, here in Australia, especially in Perth where I live (it's on the West Coast for those who don't know) a place like that here would be well over a million $ for that, and considering our dollar is slightly higher than the US, we are getting smashed on cost of housing.

Median house price here is just over $400K by comparisson for those playing at home.
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:57 AM   #24
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

BRB not moving to Houston no matter what.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:34 AM   #25
No_Look604
Local High School Star

No_Look604 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayNo_Look604 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

wow! $250,000 gets you a two bedroom apartment/condo like a good hour and a bit outside of downtown Vancouver in hicksville.
No_Look604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:10 AM   #26
Nanners
College star

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Housing in oklahoma is really cheap. You can pretty much buy a small castle for half a million dollars.

That said, oklahoma sucks, and I dont want to buy a castle here. I can see why real estate in a place like NYC, SF or Vancouver BC is so expensive relative to shithole OKC.

I have been to Houston, and I would not particularly want to buy a castle down there either. Dont get me wrong its a pretty nice city just not anywhere that I desire to own property.

Last edited by Nanners : 02-27-2013 at 05:14 AM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:21 AM   #27
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd
My home in Houston was appraised a few months ago for $240,000 at 2,850 square feet with wood floors and a pool. Here is a home that is very similar to mine. It is even in the same neighborhood. $249,000, 2,919 square feet with wood floors and a pool. Very very similar:

You put that house near downtown Toronto and your looking at over 2 million dollars.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:23 AM   #28
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

400,000 gets you a shoe box in SF.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:23 AM   #29
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

that for 250k? Wow! Even in Lithuania that would 4x more.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #30
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Texas houses are just cheap. I live about an hour south of Dallas and the house I'm living in right now is nicer than the $499k house from CA and I bought it for $45k(I'm not married yet so I'm trying to save as much money as possible and I don't don't need one of the huge houses or the huge electric
Bill that comes with it.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: