Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #31
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Adjusted per cost of living, Houston dominates with the highest standard of living

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
that for 250k? Wow! Even in Lithuania that would 4x more.
250k can buy you a whole village in my country.

Last edited by fiddy : 02-27-2013 at 11:04 AM.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:41 AM   #32
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Adjusted per cost of living, Houston dominates with the highest standard of living

standard of living ≠ quality of life

texas, arkansas, georgia, alabama, florida...no thanks.

denver sounds nice though.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #33
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

More money has been shown to increase happiness though

FACT: if the rest of the country had the economy of Houston, there would be less depression.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #34
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps

can't speak on the other states but i'm going to assume you haven't been to texas yet. quality of life is actually pretty important to me as well. texas has just about everything except mountains you can ski on. austin, dallas, and houston are great cities that can fit just about any lifestyle.

and o yeah...the money i save here affords me the ability to travel just about anywhere i want almost whenever i want to. try to do that when you are scraping to just to get by elsewhere.

other 10- 10 lists Texas has landed on

http://www.forbes.com/sites/morganbr...ities-to-live/

http://www.kiplinger.com/article/rea...ton-texas.html

http://money.usnews.com/money/person...places-to-live

http://www.areavibes.com/best-places/america/
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #35
Bandito
NBA Superstar

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I live in San Antonio for a year and a half and I loved it there. It was cheap enough that you could live comfortably and have a lot of unnecessary crap (like Ipods and Xbox's) without having to sacrifice your living arrangements. Is like living in Puerto Rico without all the shooting to be honest.

Living in Puerto Rico is cheap but you have to live way in the west because theres a lot of shooting north-east of the islands. It is becoming little new York .
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #36
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Despite Houston leading the stats, I hated living there. Terrible traffic, extreme congestion. Not my kind of place.

On the other hand DFW and Austin are awesome.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #37
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

and yeah the housing prices in TX are awesome. No wonder so many people from other states move to the big cities here.

Our house was $180,000 and it's 2400 sq. feet with 4 bedrooms 2 bath 2 living rooms.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #38
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps

If you like beer, pretty women, bomb ass food, great people, bars, football, sports, ****ing around at the lake, Texas is awesome.

Arkansas is pretty beautiful. Where you from?
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #39
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
If you like beer, pretty women, bomb ass food, great people, bars, football, sports, ****ing around at the lake, Texas is awesome.

Arkansas is pretty beautiful. Where you from?
Probably somewhere that didn't make the list.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #40
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not sure I would be able to handle Houston traffic and the summer heat tho. I think if I were to move to Texas it would be Dallas. Seems like my kind of city.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #41
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Not sure I would be able to handle Houston traffic and the summer heat tho. I think if I were to move to Texas it would be Dallas. Seems like my kind of city.

honestly, if it wasn't for my work i would probably live in dallas or austin as well... but houston is still pretty good.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #42
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Goddamn i'm pretty tight right now. My house in NJ is worth about 500k and it doesn't have shyt on some of these 400k houses in TX

Like they're on two completely different tiers, but mine costs more. Ain't that a bytch...
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #43
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My town comes in at #5!
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #44
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Do people in Houston make less money than other parts of the country? Or is it the lack of demand for housing there? I'm guessing a combination of both to a certain degree.

Northeast overall is rough for housing. Lots of different industries that provide high paying jobs for professionals to settle down. You've also got tons of people who have already been settled here for generations and aren't going to move too far from their family once they buy their first home.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #45
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

I read something about cost of living where it said making 50K in Houston is equivalent to making 100k in NY.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: