Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #16
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Raptors official off-season thread 2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Am I the only one not totally convinced Lowry is the "point guard of the future"?
Me neither. But unless the Raptors draft someone better, they aren't getting anyone better in free agency or through a trade. It all depends on his upcoming price. I wouldn't care if he was dealt though, as long as the team is being blown the hell up (everyone except Valanciunas).
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #17
DJMason
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Am I the only one not totally convinced Lowry is the "point guard of the future"?

Call me unconvinced. Ever since he seemingly neutered himself after coming back from injury he's been pretty rough to watch for the most part. And the good Lowry played too much hero ball so I was hardly 100% sold on him then. I hope after an offseason to reassess his role on the team he can find a middle ground between the two versions of him that we've seen this year, but I aint exactly holding my breath for it.

As Q said though, who else can we realistically get without picks or cap room and a gaping hole at the 4 and in terms of legit bench depth? So many holes and so few ways to fill them. Christ how is BC still working for this team?
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #18
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

I don't think much of Lowry so far. In fact, there isn't one person on the team I'd really strongly want to keep around. Valanciunas is easily the closest. I'd probably prefer to keep Ross and Amir rather than get rid of them, but would definitely be open to offers. The rest I don't care about or actively want gone.

Gay is rapidly climbing to second place in my Can't Wait Until This Player Leaves ranks.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:11 PM   #19
Himan12
On the clouds

Completely stopped following this team since the gay trade. Havent even checked the standings till now. Playoffs are right around the corner . Really looks like the the extension or non extension of BC will determine if I'm to follow this team in the coming years. Completely against the direction of this team and the philosophy. Cant really comment on who to keep, but its nice to see alan anderson getting lots of minutes.

At least OKC gets a crappy pick.

Wtf Heat have won 26 games...might start watching them again.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #20
bokes15
Playoffs!

If by "pg of the future" you mean in the category of Irving, Wall, Rose, etc... of course not. But there's definitely not one of those guys available to us so he's clearly the best we got. As long as we don't offer him a ridiculous extension i'm good with it for the time being.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #21
Jballer
Local High School Star

All said and done there are probably 4 core pieces in Management mind based on performance to date.

This is neither an agreement nor disagreement just my speculation based on all the truth / rumours / press friendly and press unfriendly.

Jonas V
Rudy Gay
Amir J
Terrence R

One keeps reading rumors that Casey and Klow have a strained relationship which is funny because at the begining of the season all we heard was how Klow was Casey's type of player. Further Calderon was Casey favorite yet Calderon was a defensive liability.

I suspect that if Colangelo gets an extention (lame duck one again for 3 years) he and Casey have to be onside.

The great experiment of building around a Eurocentric roster is long gone and I would expect that the Raptors hope to build depth around the above... willing to take on youth if money goes out the door ...

Since Washignton has such an issue with John Wall - i wouldnt be surprised to see a package of Klow Bargnani for Wall and Okafur or something if it worked out.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #22
bluerap
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
All said and done there are probably 4 core pieces in Management mind based on performance to date.

This is neither an agreement nor disagreement just my speculation based on all the truth / rumours / press friendly and press unfriendly.

Jonas V
Rudy Gay
Amir J
Terrence R

One keeps reading rumors that Casey and Klow have a strained relationship which is funny because at the begining of the season all we heard was how Klow was Casey's type of player. Further Calderon was Casey favorite yet Calderon was a defensive liability.

I suspect that if Colangelo gets an extention (lame duck one again for 3 years) he and Casey have to be onside.

The great experiment of building around a Eurocentric roster is long gone and I would expect that the Raptors hope to build depth around the above... willing to take on youth if money goes out the door ...

Since Washignton has such an issue with John Wall - i wouldnt be surprised to see a package of Klow Bargnani for Wall and Okafur or something if it worked out.
Quit smoking the crack yah bloodclot.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #23
Jballer
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
Quit smoking the crack yah bloodclot.

Yaa nice thanks

Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #24
T-Low
College superstar

I really like having Gay on this team. Before Gay, we didn't really have someone who could develop into an all-star. At least with Gay we have a chance of having a franchise player. With not having a 1st round draft pick in this upcoming draft, we are looking at almost the same roster as this year. Unless we do a huge trade or do a great free agent pickup (which financially, won't happen).

So we need to take our assets and try and get some sort of deal that can actually improve this team. Even if Calderon came back, we would get him on a cheaper deal than what he was on. And the way that Klow is playing, I would rather ship him off and get some sort of good asset. We need to blow up this team. This rebuilding process is is not even rebuilding when they are trying to push "win now".
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #25
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
I really like having Gay on this team. Before Gay, we didn't really have someone who could develop into an all-star. At least with Gay we have a chance of having a franchise player. With not having a 1st round draft pick in this upcoming draft, we are looking at almost the same roster as this year. Unless we do a huge trade or do a great free agent pickup (which financially, won't happen).

So we need to take our assets and try and get some sort of deal that can actually improve this team. Even if Calderon came back, we would get him on a cheaper deal than what he was on. And the way that Klow is playing, I would rather ship him off and get some sort of good asset. We need to blow up this team. This rebuilding process is is not even rebuilding when they are trying to push "win now".

If you really like gay on the team dont you have to try to win now with that salary added to a couple of other big/bad contracts?

So you want to deal Lowry, Bargnani, fields, and kleiza? What about derozen and Amir Johnson?

Last edited by el gringos : 04-01-2013 at 03:28 PM.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #26
el gringos
Good college starter

Finally got it all figured out

Raptors get amare, Felton, Kendall Marshall, Jared Dudley, James white
For
Bargnani, DEROZEN, fields, Lowry, acy

Grizzlies get shumpert, acy

Suns get derozen, Lowry, fields, Tyson chandler

Knicks get Bargnani, dragic, gortat, frye, wroten, a daye
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #27
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

What's with the constant proposals on this board for Amare?

He's the last guy we should want, even less than Bargnani.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #28
T-Low
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
If you really like gay on the team dont you have to try to win now with that salary added to a couple of other big/bad contracts?

So you want to deal Lowry, Bargnani, fields, and kleiza? What about derozen and Amir Johnson?

Gay is a good solid player. His contract is, indeed, horrific. But at the same time, after Bosh leaving, no one was able to step up and give us what we needed. We need to build a team with Gay alongside Val. We really need to trade Derozan. Amnesty Kleiza and trade Bargnani for anything for all I care.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #29
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
What's with the constant proposals on this board for Amare?

He's the last guy we should want, even less than Bargnani.
For sure! I have no interest in watching Amare play 15 games and sit out the rest of the season due to injury.

At this point I'm losing all faith in this franchise to do anything right. By the looks of things we will be stuck with a below average team for years to come.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #30
bokes15
Playoffs!

For the record, we're 10-17 (.370) with Rudy Gay and we were 16-30 (.347) without him.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: