Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #16
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top 20 Cities For Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
Tri City Pizza in Bangor and Finelli's Pizza in Ellsworth. You must go to these places.

I'll see what I can do. I've eaten at Leonardo's in Portland. Good stuff.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #17
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
btw did you know lorenzos burnt down? damn im gonna miss those huge slices after a night of drinking.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #18
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It looks like I'll have to head up to Main.

I can personally attest to the high quality in NY, Chicago, Providence, Boston, Philly, and SF.
I'm not getting the San Diego thing at all, and I lived there for almost a year. And LA I've been to but wasn't blown away by anything I ate. And I've been to Kansas City once, and I've had Italian there and it was spectacular, but not pizza. The sausage and beef in KC makes for really high end Italian.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #19
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Best pizza I've ever had is Tony's Pizza Napoletana in Little Italy of San Francisco. Absolutely mouth watering. Even now, thinking about it, my taste buds are excited.

Apart from that, I work at a small pizza place here in town that makes good pizza, probably the best in town. It's NY style, we make our marinara and dough from scratch. Cheese is mozarella-provolone.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #20
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Boston's north end is crammed full of Italian restaurants but I've never had pizza there. I'm sure it's good but when I'm in town I have to go with the all out multi course Italian meal.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #21
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kinda expected to see Pittsburgh on the list.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #22
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

i spend a lot of time in italy and what they consider garbage pizza would be considered best of the best here in the states. There are places in america that try and be authentic but none i've tried have been close.

I prefer Chicago regular pizza over NY pizza, Deep Dish is good but more of a novelty rather than real pizza.
DukeDelonte13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #23
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you're a tourist in NY, make sure you're going to a good pizza place. Many of them suck. They may be better than the places in your town, but why not go for the good stuff.

Try and find a place that does coal-oven pizza if you can. Coal gets the oven 400 degrees hotter than gas and it really changes the taste of pizza.

If you are in Times Square, John's Pizza on 43rd Street is quite good and an affordable place to eat.

If you're making a special trip just to eat try Luzzo's in the East Village. I took a guy from Atlanta there once on a business dinner. A week later he told me he hated me because I ruined pizza forever for him.

Last edited by KevinNYC : 02-28-2013 at 01:17 PM.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #24
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Clicked the thread with great anticipation. Then I read the actual article is "Top 20 Cities For Pizza In the US".

I've never been this disappointed in ISH.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #25
takai
Fly for a White Guy

takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster

What, no Iowa?

Nah, just kidding. All we have here is corn. And I hate corn.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #26
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Clicked the thread with great anticipation. Then I read the actual article is "Top 20 Cities For Pizza In the US".

I've never been this disappointed in ISH.

I imagine Dutch pizza would consist of gouda, mayonnaise and gravy.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #27
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
i spend a lot of time in italy and what they consider garbage pizza would be considered best of the best here in the states. There are places in america that try and be authentic but none i've tried have been close.

I prefer Chicago regular pizza over NY pizza, Deep Dish is good but more of a novelty rather than real pizza.
You need to go to the places in this organization for something authentic to neapolitan pizza. http://www.verapizzanapoletana.org/

But, really, there is solid pizza just about everywhere. Even in Iowa (Buddhas? in Iowa city is quite good). The beauty of pizza is the sheer diversity of crust styles and variations in toppings etc. Hell, there is a place, Mr Gs, in Bryan TX that is the only place in the US to import this specific cheese from Salerno (?I think, been a while). Their cheese pie is incredible just because of this. And it goes on and on, with great (if inauthentic) pies available almost anywhere in the US.

While chicago's deepdish is definitely good, I always preferred the thin crust styles available in that town.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #28
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Top 5 cities for hotdogs:

1. Padustelis
2. Zarasai
3. Uztilte
4. Pakamaniai
5. Bradesiai
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #29
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
Top 5 cities for hotdogs:

1. Padustelis
2. Zarasai
3. Uztilte
4. Pakamaniai
5. Bradesiai

And thats world wide

Kaunas the Capital of Kebabai.

I guess youre from somewhere near Zarasai? I spend my summers @ near Anyskciai, in Smelyne, near Troskunai. Its not that far from you.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #30
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

All I'll say is that Greenpoint has incredible pizza. Never lived there, but the pizza is good shit. Of course, *Archie Bunker voice* you pass enough Polacks on the street, but the pizza is ****ing good.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: