Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here
Default WTF is harlem shake?

I don't get it.
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #2
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: WTF is harlem shake?

I just discovered this yesterday. And now I've watched a couple hundred of them.

not proud.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

WTF is harlem shake?

Dam yall n*ggas late..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Its probably the worst viral video idea we have seen yet. Shit it makes planking look normal.
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcogswell
Its probably the worst viral video idea we have seen yet. Shit it makes planking look normal.

The funny thing is all those pics and vids are going to be around forever. Can you imagine 20 years from now trying to explain planking to your kids?

"Back in the day we used to lay down flat on different surfaces and take pictures of ourselves"
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Someone described why this went viral and I think he summed it up well:

1. Quick to watch, each one is just 30 seconds.
2. No language...no one speaks in the video so the whole world can understand it. And make their own video.
3. Easy to duplicate: A stationary camera, and 2 separate 15 second shots. A few minutes of video editing. That's it.
4. Randomness: You could pretty much do what you want, and it will be unique.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #7
Duderonomy
Nothing but NETS

Duderonomy has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
The funny thing is all those pics and vids are going to be around forever. Can you imagine 20 years from now trying to explain planking to your kids?

"Back in the day we used to lay down flat on different surfaces and take pictures of ourselves"
No worse than the CB radio fad of the 70's. "Oh you're bored son, why don't you eavesdrop on fowl mouth truckers." I helped my friend DJ a couple of weeks ago at a HS and some kid requested Harlem shake, so I asked my friend if he knew that one. I could tell he was envious of me because I don't keep up on annoying songs he has to play hundreds of times over.
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #8
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Fad.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #9
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A dance that was popular in the early 2000s that's somehow been resurrected into a viral video sensation.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #10
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

It's another stupid internet sensation.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #11
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Someone described why this went viral and I think he summed it up well:

1. Quick to watch, each one is just 30 seconds.
2. No language...no one speaks in the video so the whole world can understand it. And make their own video.
3. Easy to duplicate: A stationary camera, and 2 separate 15 second shots. A few minutes of video editing. That's it.
4. Randomness: You could pretty much do what you want, and it will be unique.

Why videos goes viral

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpxVIwCbBK0
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #12
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93syEIHcucI

THIS
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #13
JoshCoward
I hit open layups

JoshCoward has an OK reputation so far

wtf is this shit
JoshCoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #14
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCoward
wtf is this shit
The best of that fad to date. Even I who detests it approves!
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #15
BuffaloBill
HillBilly

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Harlem Shake died (again) like 2 weeks ago. Let's not prolong it's existence any further. I think three threads about the harlem shake is enough
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: