Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #16
ace23

Default Re: HS basketball player passes ball to mentally challenged player on the other team

When he said "one of the most memorable turnovers of all time", I thought the ref was going to call the travel.

And why are you guys responding to Budadiiii?
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #17
Budadiiii
Live Strong.

Default Re: HS basketball player passes ball to mentally challenged player on the other team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
die in a fire
You have bitch like emotions. Always hilarious to see these menopause like emotions over the net.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #18
Budadiiii
Live Strong.

WAIT!? He was the MANAGER? I'm sure there was a much more deserving manager than a mentally handicapped kid who can't even brush his teeth by himself let alone "manage" a team. I understand it's a bullshit role and only the losers get it, but got damn, I'm sure some loser who didn't make the team would have loved to have been the manager and got to travel with the team. I hate parents who let their handicapped kids steal from deserving kids. It's ****ing bullshit and their retardedness is why their kids a retard in the first place.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #19
bmd
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
A little different, but when I was in 9th grade we played someone with a nub for a left hand yet he still always beat us going right. Would it have been offsides to completely force him left every time he had the ball?
perfectly fair.

I was also in 9th grade.

But the reason I stole it is because this wasn't some special opportunity for this kid to play. He was legitimately playing on this team.

My thinking is that if they are going to play during the meaty portions of a game, then you gotta play against them like anybody else.
bmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #20
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
WAIT!? He was the MANAGER? I'm sure there was a much more deserving manager than a mentally handicapped kid who can't even brush his teeth by himself let alone "manage" a team. I understand it's a bullshit role and only the losers get it, but got damn, I'm sure some loser who didn't make the team would have loved to have been the manager and got to travel with the team. I hate parents who let their handicapped kids steal from deserving kids. It's ****ing bullshit and their retardedness is why their kids a retard in the first place.
They say, he's the "team manager" but never mentioned what his role or duties are. They probably just gave him that role to inspire them, so he's not stealing anybody's spot. I don't think he really does anything; maybe more of an assistant to the team- helping out with flyers, fundraisers.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #21
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

I am going to have to agree with Budadiii here.

It was a nice moment and I was very happy for the kid but after awhile it get's pretty pathetic. It was too forced and makes mentally challenged people look bad. He missed a ton of shots.

Just because he's mentally challenged doesn't mean people should feel bad for him. I would want to earn my spot the best way I can or earn a bucket the best way I can.

I guess society does view these people as weak minded individuals and think they can spoon feed a moment and call it "his dream", all for making themselves feel good about it.

I like the kid on the other team that passed him the ball. He probably thought it was pretty pathetic and he walked away after passing him the ball.

It's like feeling so sorry and bad for a drunk homeless guy that you go ahead and buy him a beer. It rubs me the wrong way that they were forcing him to shoot and make a shot. Best thing to do is treat these mentally challenged individuals equally as if they have no problems.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #22
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii

As harsh as the bolded statement is, but it's true.

I don't like how parents think that their kids are entitled because they are handicapped.

Being team manager is fine and make him work and bust his ass. Then he would feel like a normal teen.

As he gets older, even being mentally challenged, he would realize how pathetic it was. He will think highly of his classmates but his moment may have overshadowed the season for the team.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #23
jaydacris
Rose

jmac's three pointers were better!
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:31 PM   #24
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

I love the 3 second interview with the kid at around 40 seconds in.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:31 PM   #25
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd
perfectly fair.

I was also in 9th grade.

But the reason I stole it is because this wasn't some special opportunity for this kid to play. He was legitimately playing on this team.

My thinking is that if they are going to play during the meaty portions of a game, then you gotta play against them like anybody else.
Seems like something Curb Your Enthusiasm would make an episode about. I think Larry David would have picked that kid's pocket too.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:34 PM   #26
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd
perfectly fair.

I was also in 9th grade.

Nobody said retards couldn't ball. If they are legit ballers than you do what it takes to win.

From this video, it seems not only that this guy was retarded but he couldn't ball.

There was another video of a retarded kid that was legitimately on the team and he was nailing 3 pointers like crazy and I think he hit a game winner or something like that.

NVM: It was JMac. Jason McElwain. He was more deserving.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #27
bmd
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Seems like something Curb Your Enthusiasm would make an episode about. I think Larry David would have picked that kid's pocket too.
That is a situation Larry David would find himself in.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #28
bmd
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Nobody said retards couldn't ball. If they are legit ballers than you do what it takes to win.

From this video, it seems not only that this guy was retarded but he couldn't ball.

There was another video of a retarded kid that was legitimately on the team and he was nailing 3 pointers like crazy and I think he hit a game winner or something like that.

NVM: It was JMac. Jason McElwain. He was more deserving.
The kid I was playing against could not play basketball. I do not know why he was on the team.

It wasn't like he was put in the game with a minute left and a 30 point difference in score.

He was playing throughout the whole game. And he couldn't play basketball.

He'd get a pass sometimes and he'd just hold the ball or attempt to dribble and he can barely control the ball. He wouldn't really move around the court on offense. He'd basically just stand there.

I have no idea why he was playing. It was a pretty awkward position for me to be in guarding him.

I was thinking "should I take it easy on him? But he's just holding the ball out there... should I steal it?" "Alright, this is getting ridiculous, I'm taking it".
Old 02-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #29
Duderonomy
Nothing but NETS

Heartwarming. What's his username on here?
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #30
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd

I was thinking "should I take it easy on him? But he's just holding the ball out there... should I steal it?" "Alright, this is getting ridiculous, I'm taking it".

I just damn spit on my computer....

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: