Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
Coolaak
High school junior varsity star

Coolaak is starting to rub some people the wrong wayCoolaak is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Now that we are closing on playoffs..who u want?

OKC or spurs?

we can get either 7th or 8th as Utah has rough schedule and Houston is right there. I prefer to face the Spurs to OKC.Last 2 years Spurs lost to Memphis, and OKC in playoffs. In playoffs they miss that extra gear IMO
Coolaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

L.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Now that we are closing on playoffs..who u want?

but we miss a second gear. no chance against both but i prefer SA, i loved the series against them.
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
takai
Fly for a White Guy

takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster

Probably SA. We have a hard time defending against Westbrook, and to be honest, Durant scares me a bit. He can get just as hot as Kobe can. But with the spurs, I feel like we match up much better.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
andredpg
I airball my layups

andredpg has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolaak
OKC or spurs?

we can get either 7th or 8th as Utah has rough schedule and Houston is right there. I prefer to face the Spurs to OKC.Last 2 years Spurs lost to Memphis, and OKC in playoffs. In playoffs they miss that extra gear IMO

LAC is also in that category.
I dont see us winning against LAC or OKC, teams playing with extreme energy.
So i would rather see SAS, but still the chances are slim.
andredpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #5
Vertical-24
Hollywood

Vertical-24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai
Probably SA. We have a hard time defending against Westbrook, and to be honest, Durant scares me a bit. He can get just as hot as Kobe can. But with the spurs, I feel like we match up much better.

I get nervous everytime Durant catches a spot-up

Westbrook is an athletic freak and we have nobody on the perimeter who can guard him but Kobe. He's a guy who makes a concerted effort to try to kill us, we're his hometown team

I would prefer San Antonio as well. Against either team or the Clippers, I don't think we make it out the 1st round. But a win tonight will give me confidence that we at least have the 'potential' to take anybody out, no matter what seed we land on.
Vertical-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #6
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

I'd prefer to play Minnesota
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:25 AM   #7
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

Spurs....

Any word on Pau coming back?
Why haven't this team got another back up big in the mean time. I don't ****ing get it.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #8
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
Spurs....

Any word on Pau coming back?
Why haven't this team got another back up big in the mean time. I don't ****ing get it.

I think the FO has written this season off.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #9
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I think the FO has written this season off.

Looks like it.

Pathetic
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #10
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

After that ass-spanking, I definitely don't want OKC anymore. We have nobody for Westbrook. That guy will eat us alive in a 7-game series..

See, what I don't like is that for years, we knew that we had nobody to guard against the fast PGs of the league. We continuously get pgs that help us in ways OTHER THAN THAT WHICH WE LACK THE MOST: SPEED. Nash is one of the best PGs ever, but he does NOT HELP US WITH SPEED. He improves some of the other issues we had last year but NOT the most glaring and biggest issue with our PGs over the years.. It's like over and over the same thing happens, and we make changes to improve it BUT in the completely wrong ways.

Back on topic.. Who do I want?

Spurs or Clippers.. Both have Parker and CP3 so neither of them are much easier than OKC. Spurs I like their slower pace so that is clearly the answer. The reason why I bring up LAC is because they rely entirely on jumpshot. In a 7-game series, will their jumpshot be on for 4 out of 7 games?? Tough to say, but they do have a lot of depth and they're a fast-paced team.. so I would still take Spurs
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #11
zizozain
hi AJ2k8

zizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i believe in jinx

please mods close this thread

we are not there YET ... things can go very bad
zizozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:44 PM   #12
WhiteMamba
Can barely lace up my sneakers

WhiteMamba has an OK reputation so far

The one we can beat
WhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: