Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-27-2013, 11:59 PM   #1
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Top 20 Cities For Pizza

http://www.travelandleisure.com/arti...es-for-pizza/1
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:02 AM   #2
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board
Default Re: Top 20 Cities For Pizza

1) Chicago
2) New York

Hell, I work at a very nice place that does authentic Neapolitan style pizza.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #3
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Holy shitballs, Maine made the list! I came in here to mention how amazing the pizza selections are in my state, but I guess I don't have to.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:32 AM   #4
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not a fan of the deep dish. NY style any day of the week
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:36 AM   #5
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

deep dish is not my thing give me a thin crust well done and folded in half.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:28 AM   #6
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Chicago has pie (deep dish) and thin crust.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:50 AM   #7
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

talk about a completely pointless sort parameter.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:27 AM   #8
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've eaten pizza in 6 of the top 7 on that list (never been to St. Paul). And my friends in San Diego will be appaulled that San Diego is 7. They come back to the northeast almost exclusively for pizza.

I live right in the middle of the pizza corridor. About an hour from NYC, and about 1.5 from Boston and Providence. And all roads cross on a city that I'm shocked wasn't listed, where I95 meets I91 in CT, the split that takes you from NY to either Boston or Providence, sits New Haven, CT. A beautifull old city on the water, home to Yale University, with cobblestone sidewalks and streets lined with elms. It's also home to two of the most famous pizza joints in the country, Sally's and Pepe's on Wooster Street. Pepe's is the bigger name of the two, and frankly a nicer place, but personally I'm a Sally's guy. We go every year in December for my buddy's birthday. And if you go on a busy night, the lines for both places to get in can get so long they'll cross. And I've seen fights break out over who's better. The city's specialty is the brick oven pizzas, with a crispness to their thin crusts that doesn't really exist in the NY thin crust pizza. They also both specialize in the locally invented white clam pie, which Pepe's claims to have invented.

And as with most of these cities, chefs come in to work at these places then open their own spots in town and you end up with local favorites. Mine is Bar, which brews it's own beer, with 4 selections, and is the coolest of the buildings. But there are others too.

New Haven was in the Pizza Paradise episode on the Travel channell, with NY and Chicago. And recently GQ did a piece on the 101 best pizza spots in America, and there were five (IIRC) in the greater New Haven region.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #9
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Boston has great Greek pizza.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #10
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Happy to see Providence getting some love, but a bit confused why Caserta Pizzeria wasn't mentioned. Consistently voted the Best Pizza in the state an renowned all over the region.

Never had a pie like theirs.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #11
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Here's the GQ list. Really annoying site with all the pop up ads. Pretty good write ups though, not just a list.

http://www.gq.com/food-travel/alan-r...?currentPage=1
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #12
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Whenever I was down in the Burnside area of Portland to see a show, I would almost always walk down to Dante's Pizza between bands and grab a slice. $3.50 gets you a giant slice and they have a window you walk up to and place your order.

Thin crust, extra greasy, large portion.. what else do ya want?
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #13
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anyone got a decent recipe for making dough and sauce?
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #14
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
Holy shitballs, Maine made the list! I came in here to mention how amazing the pizza selections are in my state, but I guess I don't have to.

So true. Every town in Maine has a pizza place. Usually it's right in the center of town with a sign that says: Live Bait, Ammo, Pizza
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #15
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
So true. Every town in Maine has a pizza place. Usually it's right in the center of town with a sign that says: Live Bait, Ammo, Pizza

Tri City Pizza in Bangor and Finelli's Pizza in Ellsworth. You must go to these places.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: