Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
Bandito
Banned

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Let's say I want to move to New York...

I been thinking to move to New york city. I know everything over there is expensive but I honestly don't have any idea how expensive. How much would I need to get a decent apartment in the city? How much would I have to be earning per year in order to live decently? Would I need a car? Where would you recommend me to live if do move there? I am puertorrican that speaks spanish btw so I know about the Bronx.

How easy are the sexy skanks? I am not talking about ****able or OK girls. I am talking about sexy

(I am from Puerto Rico and over here we still have some values so is not that easy to get skanks that are sexy, you have to be in a relationship )
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Re: Let's say I want to move to New York...

A car is completely pointless for 99% of NYC. More of a burden than a help
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #3
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

New York has too many different neighborhoods to make a blanket statement about rent price etc. NYC has 5 boroughs, but when NYers speak of "the city" they are talking about Manhattan, which is very costly to get an apt at (in most areas). Assuming you dont wanna live there or in the hood (which would be a lot cheaper), I'd say for somewhere around 1000-1200 u could find a decent spot. And i dont know if itd be any easier than PR to pull a "sexy skank"

and yeah a car is not necessary.. as far as cost of everyday living, depends how u wanna live, theres always a cheap option

Last edited by BrooklynZoo : 03-19-2013 at 06:52 PM.
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
BuffaloBill
Blue Bomber

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why New York? Why not somewhere nice like Boston? =P
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #5
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
I been thinking to move to New york city. I know everything over there is expensive but I honestly don't have any idea how expensive. How much would I need to get a decent apartment in the city? How much would I have to be earning per year in order to live decently? Would I need a car? Where would you recommend me to live if do move there? I am puertorrican that speaks spanish btw so I know about the Bronx.

How easy are the sexy skanks? I am not talking about ****able or OK girls. I am talking about sexy

(I am from Puerto Rico and over here we still have some values so is not that easy to get skanks that are sexy, you have to be in a relationship )

Alot of Puerto Rican chicks in NY and most aren't that traditional like they are in the PR. Since your PR you should have no trouble scoring with some PR chicks
knickballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

If you live in Manhattan a car is unnecessary but almost everywhere else its a viable option. It really depends on your budget to determine what would work for you. To live in Manhattan you ideally would like to be close to 6 figures if you live outside like Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens depending on the neighborhood you can live ok with 50k and up. This is provided you are a single person with no dependents.
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #7
Bandito
Banned

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
New York has too many different neighborhoods to make a blanket statement about rent price etc. NYC has 5 boroughs, but when NYers speak of "the city" they are talking about Manhattan, which is very costly to get an apt at (in most areas). Assuming you dont wanna live there or in the hood (which would be a lot cheaper), I'd say for somewhere around 1000-1200 u could find a decent spot. And i dont know if itd be any easier than PR to pull a "sexy skank"

and yeah a car is not necessary.. as far as cost of everyday living, depends how u wanna live, theres always a cheap option
it was easier in Texas than where I was from. But the women there are all fat and the one that are skinny are underage.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #8
Bandito
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
If you live in Manhattan a car is unnecessary but almost everywhere else its a viable option. It really depends on your budget to determine what would work for you. To live in Manhattan you ideally would like to be close to 6 figures if you live outside like Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens depending on the neighborhood you can live ok with 50k and up. This is provided you are a single person with no dependents.
Ah I see. I'm studying to get my respiratory tech license and I already am a EKG technician. Should probably get some experience in a cardiac catherization lab, I could get some good money there.

Thanks everyone for the info.

Quote:
Alot of Puerto Rican chicks in NY and most aren't that traditional like they are in the PR. Since your PR you should have no trouble scoring with some PR chicks

What about a motorcycle? Is it a good idea to have one over there?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: