Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-07-2014, 05:40 PM   #1
Raymone
The Chosen King

Raymone has an OK reputation so far
Default Rank these black actors

Chiwetel Ejiofor
Denzel Washington
Don Cheadle
Forest Whitaker
Giancarlo Esposito
Idris Elba
James Earl Jones
Jamie Foxx
Jeffrey Wright
Laurence Fishburne
Michael K. Williams
Morgan Freeman
Samuel L. Jackson
Terrence Howard
Ving Rhames
Will Smith
Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:44 PM   #2
moe94
explodeInForeign

moe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rank these black actors

Tyler Perry is, by far, the greatest black actor of all time.
lol
moe94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:47 PM   #3
Jameerthefear
Feelin' Dandy

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe94
Tyler Perry is, by far, the greatest black actor of all time.
lol
future negged
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:48 PM   #4
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Idris Elba
Denzel Washington
Chiwetel Ejiofor
Jamie Foxx
Morgan Freeman
Don Cheadle
Forest Whitaker
Laurence Fishburne
Jeffrey Wright
Will Smith
James Earl Jones
Ving Rhames
Terence Howard

I haven't seen enough of Williams or Esposito outside of Breaking Bad ( Gustavo ) and some of The wire to fairly rank them
ROCSteady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:52 PM   #5
moe94
explodeInForeign

moe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You grossly overrate Jamie Foxx, ROC. I actually cringed. What do you see in dude?
moe94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:54 PM   #6
Le Shaqtus
#UCF #ChargeOn

Le Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Who?
Le Shaqtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:59 PM   #7
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Idris Elba
Denzel Washington
Chiwetel Ejiofor
Jamie Foxx
Morgan Freeman
Don Cheadle
Forest Whitaker
Laurence Fishburne
Jeffrey Wright
Will Smith
James Earl Jones
Ving Rhames
Terence Howard

I haven't seen enough of Williams or Esposito outside of Breaking Bad ( Gustavo ) and some of The wire to fairly rank them

Jeffrey Wright should be much higher, if not at the top.
DonDadda59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #8
Akrazotile
Cavs fan since forever

Akrazotile posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryAkrazotile posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

sexu'l chaklit
Akrazotile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:36 PM   #9
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Jeffrey Wright should be much higher, if not at the top.

I know man! I had a tough time placing him. At first he was higher and then... you know how ppl can get bad placement when ranking things sometimes and you kinda forget. I didn't do it too diligently

In fact, of all these actors and all the roles I've seen them in, while I typed out the list, I was thinking that Jeffrey Wright as Jean Michel Basquiat mighta been on my short short list (like top 2 or 3) of favorite performances.

He was also was great in his role in the most recent Hunger Games. Him and Philip Seymour Hoffman really elevated that movie in my eyes
Old 02-07-2014, 06:49 PM   #10
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe94
You grossly overrate Jamie Foxx, ROC. I actually cringed. What do you see in dude?

Maybe so. He has done his fair share of bullshit and uninspired work. Then again, those movies suck anyways. The only movie I can think of where he was a weak link was prolly Django Unchained, maybe that's a testament to how good all the other actors were.

I just think when he's at his best, he can be very very good. For how he seems in real life, that role in Collateral is damn good acting. He had a hard task to match Tom Cruise's more electrifying role but he stood toe to toe and created a very believable character that you could picture chatting with as an everyman. Foxx doesn't exude shy or meek one iota so that performance stands out.

Of course, there is Ray which makes dude a Golden Statue winner in one of the biggest categories. Most of the other guys on the list haven't ever accomplished what he did with that role... I think one of the hardest type of roles to do is being an accurate representation of a pop culture icon whom we have tons of records and exposure to mannerisms and such. Guy played him as well and accurately as an actor can play somebody as well known as Ray Charles.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: