Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 06-11-2006, 03:28 PM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default JO to toronto??

if this happens, are the raptors instant contenders??

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:30 PM   #2
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

No.

- no pg
- no sf

Yes, through drafting and FA signings those holes can be filled (but #1 pick will likely be gone), but after that, the bench is absolutely horrible.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:59 PM   #3
The Reign Man
I airball my layups

The Reign Man has an OK reputation so far

Raptors should trade for a point guard. Jermaine and Bosh are undersized at center.
The Reign Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:13 PM   #4
420puffer
Kids at the park dunk on me

420puffer has an OK reputation so far

Maybe Collangelo can work some magic N bring JO in while keeping Bosh. That would be an insane duo. I think Pacers will ask for Villanueva & Mike James (sign n trade). I say yes, instant contenders especially keeping Bosh. Teams will get tortured in the paint.
420puffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:14 PM   #5
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

JO is horribly overrated.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:15 PM   #6
420puffer
Kids at the park dunk on me

420puffer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reign Man
Raptors should trade for a point guard. Jermaine and Bosh are undersized at center.

Bosh can play Center. Besides Shaq, who else does he have to worry about in the East? They will be comparable to Pistons Wallaces. Big Ben is not an offensive threat and Sheed can shoot the 3 and both are shot blockers. JO N BOSH will both can post up and block shots.
420puffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:22 PM   #7
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

His contract is too scary. No thanks.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:30 PM   #8
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd do it as long as the #1 pick is the centrepiece of the deal from the Raptors side (which means that Charlie is NOT included in the deal) and hopefully the Raptors can use Alvin Williams as a contract filler.

The Raptors are gonna need a young talent like Charlie to either learn how to play the 3 well or as good trade bait to improve the really bad and shallow backcourt.

Why does Indiana take Morrison anyways?? What does that do to the future plans with Granger???
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:37 PM   #9
The Reign Man
I airball my layups

The Reign Man has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420puffer
Bosh can play Center. Besides Shaq, who else does he have to worry about in the East? They will be comparable to Pistons Wallaces. Big Ben is not an offensive threat and Sheed can shoot the 3 and both are shot blockers. JO N BOSH will both can post up and block shots.

Yeah but they won't be as effective against centers in the west, Yao for example is too big for them.
The Reign Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:38 PM   #10
Unregistered

Bosh and JO is a tempting thought, but to get JO Toronto would have to give up their draft pick plus players and they're already letting Mike James walk. There won't be much else up in Toronto outside of Bosh and JO (for his usual half - third of a season)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: