Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-07-2007, 10:28 AM   #1
JellyBean
College star

Default Give Zeke his props!!!

I am nowhere near a Knicks fan, but I love Zeke. All summer long and so far the first leg of the season, the media and some fans have ripped Isiah a new one. But slowly he is getting this team to play within a system and you guys are winning. Give this man his props!!

You can come up with all the excuses that you want; the league is weak. The division is weak.....whatever, the bottom line is nobody gave Isiah Thomas a chance. Now you guys are 4 games from your division lead. 6 games under .500. Give Zeke is props!!
JellyBean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:57 PM   #2
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Default Re: Give Zeke his props!!!

Isiah is that you?

Sorry I can't agree.

Anybody that would start Jerome James to try and showcase him for a trade is not about winning.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:21 PM   #3
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
Isiah is that you?

Sorry I can't agree.

Anybody that would start Jerome James to try and showcase him for a trade is not about winning.

Agreed. Clowns should not play in the NBA.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 03:49 PM   #4
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Umm you guys are right bout James bein a clown..
But u gotta admit Frye and Curry dont work...and we need a defensive 4 to help Curry...Unfortunately he picked James...Id rather have Lee at dat spot even tho hes not that good of a defender cuz of his lack of size. Even Cato would help a lot...but again...like "bluesman" always says..hes playin contracts not players so w/e take it for what it is...

We can atleast b happy that hes on the right idea ..just the wrong choice.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:17 PM   #5
joshk
i clog mad toilets

I think Zeke has turned this team around a lot. BUt starting James is one of the dumbest ideas ive ever heard.

PS: Sorry I have not been around for a while. My brother is in the hospital and I have been gone visiting him everyday. Hes back though!
joshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:03 PM   #6
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshk
I think Zeke has turned this team around a lot. BUt starting James is one of the dumbest ideas ive ever heard.

PS: Sorry I have not been around for a while. My brother is in the hospital and I have been gone visiting him everyday. Hes back though!

I'm sorry to learn that about your bro. That's good that he's back. Hope he has a speedy and full recovery at home.

I still think that Zeke is not the coach for this team. He has to be bold and make some sort of trade that'll solidify the team and maybe, just maybe, he'll get a bit of respect from me. Just maybe.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:45 PM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Zeke has made some strides.
1)He has put enough faith in Curry. At least on offense he is a beast. Last year and the years before that he was worthless.
2)We are ahead of the LB fiasco. We would have to go on one hell of a losing streak to tie that mark.
3) The players haven't tuned him out, which is always a good thing.
4) He has Marbs playing with some control within his game. A huge plus.
5) I may be the only one, but I'm not sold on Lee starting. What he gives off the bench is tremendous and 30+ minutes a night as his reward.
6) He has Nate under shackles. The guy has zero basketball insight and Zeke sees it.
7) He has finally benched Frye. Stats are all we can go by. As much as we want Curry to be the defensive stalwart lets don't forget that Frye should be it to. We let him off the hook since it is his second year. At 6'11"" 265 pounds he should be a force also. Frye doesn't have an offensive game and he plays worse defense than Curry stat-wise. BTW we could have had that go-to guy last year if Frye and Nate had been packaged. Frye isn't gonna be what people want him to be.

As the trade deadline approaches i would like to see a reliable scorer being added to our roster, a true go-to guy. We do have pieces that can get that done. Zeke has to be bold and make the move.
Overall he has done as best of a job with this group anyone could have.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:08 PM   #8
joshk
i clog mad toilets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
I still think that Zeke is not the coach for this team. He has to be bold and make some sort of trade that'll solidify the team and maybe, just maybe, he'll get a bit of respect from me. Just maybe.

I think he needs to decide on a lineup. Hes tried like a million diffrent things. Mine:
C Curry
PF Frye
SF Lee
SG Richardson
PG Marbury

Quote:
I'm sorry to learn that about your bro. That's good that he's back. Hope he has a speedy and full recovery at home.

Thanks, he has colonitis and has a really limited diet right now but hes feeling a lot better and even went to work on friday. He does drywall, which is hard to do.
joshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:32 PM   #9
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshk
I think he needs to decide on a lineup. Hes tried like a million diffrent things. Mine:
C Curry
PF Frye
SF Lee
SG Richardson
PG Marbury

Thanks, he has colonitis and has a really limited diet right now but hes feeling a lot better and even went to work on friday. He does drywall, which is hard to do.

I admire your bro. He has something that might disable him and he still goes out to make some money. Give him props. Tell him to stay up and prayer does do miracles.

I like your lineup. I would start those players, too. Only thing is that I feel that Q is injury prone especially with his back and Marbury is going into the latter years of his career pretty soon. I think it's almost time to start thinking about a SOLID PG for backup. That way giving Marbs more a chance to last longer and be more fresh during his stints on the bench. Q needs someone to back him up as well. A pure shooter. I don't see that in Crawford. The Knicks should really think about those positions. I think we are on of the teams that has the brightest futures when it comes to the Foward positions. Let's hope Zeke sees this.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:50 PM   #10
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

yea i do agree that jarome james shouldnt be on the team but isiah is doin as good of a job as anyone could do. but i do agree with someone said that they need a defensive minded player playin next to curry though.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 06:16 PM   #11
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

If a team doesn't have a defensive minded center they are in trouble.

He has to at least be serviceable defensively for a team to be successful.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: