Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2007, 10:55 AM   #16
Chairman_Yao
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Chairman_Yao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 169
Chairman_Yao has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
what has Kobe done that Tmac hasn't since coming back from injury?

really curious to hear this.

and Nash? cmon. Nash shouldn't even be a candidate but you know how that goes.

You've got to look at the season as a whole, not just "since coming back from injury". Although Tmac is still definitely in the running, Kobe is probably ahead of him. And Nash? Why should he not be a candidate?
Chairman_Yao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:56 AM   #17
BballFan422
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 356
BballFan422 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
a possible 4th seed? Right now its Dall-Suns-SA-Utah-Hou-La. None of these other teams have had injuries -- oh wait Yao is injured and Boozer and who is injured for LAL - right Kwame.

WOW- Kobe is awesome! So much better than T-Mac.

Kobe was without Odom for a significant amount of time.
BballFan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:57 AM   #18
Younggrease
Banned
 
Younggrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,767
Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
a possible 4th seed? Right now its Dall-Suns-SA-Utah-Hou-La. None of these other teams have had injuries -- oh wait Yao is injured and Boozer and who is injured for LAL - right Kwame.

WOW- Kobe is awesome! So much better than T-Mac.

go check out the definition of possible, then come back to me. And did you forget Odom was out for quite a bit of time, Walton is out and so is Kwame. They might not be big names but they are some of the best players on the LAkers.

I love how people can have one good stretch and now there an MVP candidate, what about his sub par start of the year, are we susposed to forget that

And you are a *****, Kobe is a good deal better than current T-Mac

Wow...you cant say *****_

Last edited by Younggrease : 02-07-2007 at 10:59 AM.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:59 AM   #19
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,950
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
It seems like T-MAc gets really passive when he plays with Yao...like he turns into a role player(this is what I have seen from the few games i have seen)
What you saw (I'm assuming early this season) was a much, much different Tracy McGrady. He was passive because he was scared to hurt his back. He's since washed that fear away and is really taking his old form again. My jaw dropped to see some of the dunks he did last night. Looked like the Orlando McGrady.

Now, whether that will translate to playing with Yao, I really do not know. This is my only concern with this team right now. Everything else is there. We really could win a ring.

Yeah, mark it down. I finally (officially) said it. We're a bit of a contender.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:02 AM   #20
BballFan422
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 356
BballFan422 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
What you saw (I'm assuming early this season) was a much, much different Tracy McGrady. He was passive because he was scared to hurt his back. He's since washed that fear away and is really taking his old form again. My jaw dropped to see some of the dunks he did last night. Looked like the Orlando McGrady.

Now, whether that will translate to playing with Yao, I really do not know. This is my only concern with this team right now. Everything else is there. We really could win a ring.

Yeah, mark it down. I finally (officially) said it. We're a bit of a contender.

With everybody healthy and playing they way they are now, Houston would be scary in the playoffs.
BballFan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:04 AM   #21
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star
 
Joey Zaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,068
Joey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
go check out the definition of possible, then come back to me.

Sorry, I'm a possible commisioner of the NBA. Lets give me a freaking medal for that. T-Mac's is a more possible 4 seed, because they are already the 5 seed, and thus, by definition, if the possibility of a 4 seed is impressive, then T-Mac is closer and more impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
And did you forget Odom was out for quite a bit of time, Walton is out and so is Kwame.

Yao has been out for 22 games, Odom for 21.
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:05 AM   #22
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,950
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Yao has been out for 22 games, Odom for 21.
22 games and counting at that. Still with the better record.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:07 AM   #23
schyza
High School Starter
 
schyza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cali transplant in AZ aka hell
Posts: 833
schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

What I think is funny is T-Mac comes back and plays good ball and people want to give him TOP consideration for MVP but Kobe plays well all last season leads the league in scoring and leads a young team that wasn’t suppose to make the playoffs to the 7th seed and no one wanted to give him credit or at least say he was no were near Dirk or Nash for MVP what a double standard. I’m not saying that T-Mac shouldn’t be considered but not ahead of Dirk, Nash, and Kobe you could probably even make a case for Duncan. Hell now that Nash is out and Amare is carrying the Suns the last 2 games are we going to anoint him the top MVP candidate?
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:11 AM   #24
Younggrease
Banned
 
Younggrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,767
Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
22 games and counting at that. Still with the better record.

they have better players from #2 on down. And its not like they have that much better of a record.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #25
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™
 
geeWiz15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: limbo
Posts: 5,765
geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

hey look, its younggrease not explaining or justifying his opinions again.



"Kobe is better than Tmac because... he just is. QED."

Quote:
It seems like T-MAc gets really passive when he plays with Yao...like he turns into a role player(this is what I have seen from the few games i have seen)
and whatever evidence you do provide is out of context at best, wrong at worst, like this one. Tmac is healthy for the first time in like 2 years. we haven't seen healthy Tmac + Yao since... ever?
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:14 AM   #26
Younggrease
Banned
 
Younggrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,767
Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
what has Kobe done that Tmac hasn't since coming back from injury?

really curious to hear this.

and Nash? cmon. Nash shouldn't even be a candidate but you know how that goes.

why dont you justify this then.....is it a joke
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:18 AM   #27
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star
 
Joey Zaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,068
Joey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
they have better players from #2 on down. And its not like they have that much better of a record.

Those "better" players finished somewhere close to last last year. Mut, Howard, Rafer, Head were all on the team.....while Smush, Walton, Cook were part of the greatest 7th seed in history last year.

So its basically Battier > Kwame that makes Kobe a better MVP candidate than T-Mac Fascinating.
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:23 AM   #28
Younggrease
Banned
 
Younggrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,767
Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
Those "better" players finished somewhere close to last last year. Mut, Howard, Rafer, Head were all on the team.....while Smush, Walton, Cook were part of the greatest 7th seed in history last year.

So its basically Battier > Kwame that makes Kobe a better MVP candidate than T-Mac Fascinating.

there is no point arguing with you because of how you twist the meaning of words, ex. "possible".

But I guess your prob right T-MAc is better than Kobe. If Zaza says it true, who im i to disagree. If countless analysts say it Kobe is better than T-MAc, they all most be wrong too because Zaza is smarter than every1.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:26 AM   #29
goldgrill4me
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 338
goldgrill4me has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
they have better players from #2 on down. And its not like they have that much better of a record.
also tmac missed 7 games with the rockets going 2-5 in that stretch. kirk snyder has also been injured and bonzi wells who could be a key contributor has been injured and yet to consistently be in the rotation.
goldgrill4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:29 AM   #30
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star
 
Joey Zaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,068
Joey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
. If Zaza says it true, who im i to disagree. ... Zaza is smarter than every1.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:55 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy