Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Best Protein Bar on the market, bros!

No I'm not inviting you to post your opinion of what you think it is. I'm here to tell you. I don't work for Quest Bars either. I just want to give you a heads-up on some great nutrition.

20g protein, 1 gram sugar (6g sugar alcohol), and a whopping 17g of dietary fiber (68% of RDV)

Oh, and it tastes GOOD AS HELL!!!

HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Best Protein Bar on the market, bros!

iDK bro, I have a hard time choking them down. The texture is too gummy.

I prefer these:

Gluten free, tastes like a rice crispy square with peanut butter and chocolate

Last edited by hateraid : 03-02-2013 at 01:30 PM.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Powersauce >
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #4
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
iDK bro, I have a hard time choking them down. The texture is too gummy.

I prefer these:

I'll check these out. LOL @ Liz Hasselbeck on them tho.

Which flavor Quest Bars have you tried?
Old 03-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Ah but those Nogii bars have soy protein and high sugar content. And, only 2g fiber.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #6
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
I'll check these out. LOL @ Liz Hasselbeck on them tho.

Which flavor Quest Bars have you tried?

The one you posted
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #7
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid

I always scoop my peanut butter with Asian Soup Spoons.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #8
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

S'Mores Clif Builders have been the best I've tried so far, but I've never tried those ones you posted.

What's the price look like on the Quest ones? $2?
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #9
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Powersauce >
Hahaha, came here to post just this.

nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #10
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
What's the price look like on the Quest ones? $2?

Yeah. You may be giving up a little on taste by making the switch to Quest from the S'Mores Lif Builders, but it has a lot less sugar and better quality protein (no soy, which can increase estrogen).

They taste great to me even though hateraid doesn't like the texture of chew. I personally love the texture, it's like a Laffy Taffy bar.

Cinnamon Roll is definitely the recommended flavor, but maybe start out with a variety pack to see what you like best.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #11
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

All the ones ya'll posted are basically high protein candy bars. Yes they have 20g of protein, but it's not worth the sugar and shitloads of carbs. This is the reason I stick to isolate shakes and never bother with bars.

I've never seen Quest bars but if the nutrition facts are legit (6g net carbs) then I will have to try them.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #12
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Whenever someone asks you what protein bar they should be eating... always reply with "Quest Bars... best bars".
Old 03-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #13
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
All the ones ya'll posted are basically high protein candy bars. Yes they have 20g of protein, but it's not worth the sugar and shitloads of carbs. This is the reason I stick to isolate shakes and never bother with bars.

I've never seen Quest bars but if the nutrition facts are legit (6g net carbs) then I will have to try them.

Yeah I basically just get them instead of a Twix or something if I'm at the store and I'm craving a candy bar. I'd say I have maybe 1 a week, 2 max. I'm never gonna reach a point where I don't let myself have ANYTHING unhealthy, life's too short for that shit, but I figure if I'm craving chocolate I might as well get something with a good amt of protein.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:33 PM   #14
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
No I'm not inviting you to post your opinion of what you think it is. I'm here to tell you. I don't work for Quest Bars either. I just want to give you a heads-up on some great nutrition.

20g protein, 1 gram sugar (6g sugar alcohol), and a whopping 17g of dietary fiber (68% of RDV)

Oh, and it tastes GOOD AS HELL!!!

Lol I just ordered some of these last week.. cinnamon scroll flavor too.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #15
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

I think they might be bullshitting about the fiber content though.

How does 17g get packed into such a small bar without tasting like straight cardboard?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: