Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
netsfan549
Good High School Starter

netsfan549 has decent reputationnetsfan549 has decent reputation
Default Emt or Pharmacy Tech

I have option to pick one.. Which one has a better future? thank you!
netsfan549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Emt or Pharmacy Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsfan549
I have option to pick one.. Which one has a better future? thank you!
why pharm tech? just go into pharmacy. get out, make 6 figures.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

My brother is a Pharm Tech and I know a guy that is an EMT.

Pharm Tech - It's easy money and you really don't do much. You are essentially a "drug runner." All he does is package drugs and deliver them. It's also a "shipping/receiving warehouse". You get drugs and you package them and deliver them to nurses, doctors or whomever that needs it. Real easy money that doesn't involve decision making. You get to work indoors and you have social contact with co-workers.

EMT - Opposite of Pharm Tech. You are outdoors in your vehicle driving around and if not driving around, you are sitting in it and waiting. My buddy did a lot of events, so he's at football games, basketball games or any hot event just waiting for an accident to happen. Not all EMT does this btw. I would imagine stress level is high because he has seen some traumatic things. If you want action and saving people's lives you go this route. I would imagine high level of stress when called upon and decision making. You work outdoors and your social contact would be your partner.

Hope this helps.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #4
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

EMT
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #5
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree

Pharm Tech - It's easy money and you really don't do much. You are essentially a "drug runner." All he does is package drugs and deliver them. It's also a "shipping/receiving warehouse". You get drugs and you package them and deliver them to nurses, doctors or whomever that needs it. Real easy money that doesn't involve decision making. You get to work indoors and you have social contact with co-workers.

EMT - Opposite of Pharm Tech. You are outdoors in your vehicle driving around and if not driving around, you are sitting in it and waiting. My buddy did a lot of events, so he's at football games, basketball games or any hot event just waiting for an accident to happen. Not all EMT does this btw. I would imagine stress level is high because he has seen some traumatic things. If you want action and saving people's lives you go this route. I would imagine high level of stress when called upon and decision making. You work outdoors and your social contact would be your partner.

Hope this helps.

Only decent post you have ever made.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Of course my overall description is what I hear from my bro and friend. Other technical aspects of each jobs, I didn't elaborate because I do neither.

Pharm Techs have knowledge of drugs and possibly mixing of things. My brother mixes the I-V bags while having knowledge of drugs.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #7
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

EMT if you want the action.

I used to screw a pharm tech and she complained all the time about how boring her (high-paying) job was.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #8
netsfan549
Good High School Starter

Thanks guys, I think I might do EMT..
Old 03-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #9
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsfan549
Thanks guys, I think I might do EMT..
Have you taken a basic First Responder training course? It would give you an idea of what to expect. Including some hands-on training too.

I got the very very basic training of it when three EMTs came to our medical program and gave us a little lecture and demonstration about First Responders. They only charged us $25 and only did a 2-day training but this was because we were students(not associated to EMTs but still in medical related field).
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #10
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

tech.. you can parlay that into becoming a pharmacist. They make great money and techs do all the real work.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #11
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree

Hope this helps.
from this pharm tech sounds pretty good and chill..
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #12
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
tech.. you can parlay that into becoming a pharmacist. They make great money and techs do all the real work.
You forgot to mention that he should prepare to loose his mind because pharmacology is extremely extremely hard.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #13
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pharmacy Tech
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #14
netsfan549
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
Have you taken a basic First Responder training course? It would give you an idea of what to expect. Including some hands-on training too.

I got the very very basic training of it when three EMTs came to our medical program and gave us a little lecture and demonstration about First Responders. They only charged us $25 and only did a 2-day training but this was because we were students(not associated to EMTs but still in medical related field).

No, My school is offering free courses. I can take Emt or Pharmacy Tech..The Emt Classes will be this summer thats only bummer and six days a week classes
Old 03-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #15
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would think pharm tech would potentially open more doors for you into the pharma world, or am I completely off-base here?
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: