Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-26-2006, 03:44 PM   #1
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Quick Mock

I've got one trade, Philly/NJ. Short explanations only.

1. Toronto--Andrea Bargnani

Bryan Colangelo is trying to trade down, but he'll keep his promise to Bargnani one way or the other. Since there isn't a clear #1 anyway, I doubt the other franchises in the top 5 will be intimidated into giving up value.

2. Chicago--LaMarcus Aldridge

Lots of question marks, but projects to fill a need for Chicago, unlike any of the SFs.

3. Charlotte--Brandon Roy

Bickerstaff and MJ both hate potential, so I can see them picking Roy even though he refused to work out for them.

4. Portland--Adam Morrison

The obvious pick if he's still available.

5. Atlanta--Sheldon Williams

Not good for the Suns as he'll contribute immediately, but the rumored Atlanta/Houston trade is even worse. If Roy is gone, there's no reason for the Rockets to move up.

6. Minnesota--Tyrus Thomas

McHale is the GM most likely to be picking off others' draft boards IMO.

7. Boston--Ronnie Brewer

Ainge is a good scout, and he's unpredictable. He already showed with Gerald Green that hes not afraid of drafting a cripple.

8. Houston--Marcus Williams

I don't know whether they'd pass up Rudy Gay if he dropped, but they could definitely use a replacement for Skip Alston.

9. Golden State--Patrick O'Bryant

Puts former phenom Andris Biedrins on notice that its time to shape up and start producing, because hes only a couple years away from joining his best buds Zarko and Skita on a bench somewhere in Europe.

10. Seattle--Rudy Gay

BPA, and also a need pick, as Rashard Lewis is already shopping for another team.

11. Orlando--Randy Foye

The Magic supposedly like him.

12. New Orleans--Rodney Carney

Rumor has it they made a promise to Hilton Armstrong at 15, so they'll probably look for the best swingman left at #12.

13. New Jersey (from Philadelphia)--Alexander Johnson

If N.J. makes this trade, they're looking for a big man, but I don't know how they rank all of the prospects. If it turns out like this, they're looking at a choice of Johnson, Armstrong and Cedric Simmons.

14. Utah--J.J. Redick

So inevitable, it's hard to believe it won't happen. Redick is the perfect fit for Utah, as he's both painfully white-bread and intensely unlikeable. Also, they need a shooter, and with Deron Williams able to defense both guard spots, they'll be able to hide Redick a little on that end.

15. New Orleans--Hilton Armstrong

The promise pick.

16. Chicago--Sear Sene

Again, it's hard to project players for Chicago because they have so few needs. Thabo Sefolosha is another guy they might look at here.

17. Indiana--Rajon Rondo

Anthony Johnson won't hold up forever.

18. Washington--Sergio Rodriguez

Just to screw the Suns over, no other reason.

19. Sacramento--Thabo Sefolosha

The Kings could use a big, but I expect they won't keep Bonzi, so there's a spot open. Most of all, Sefolosha looks like the BPA here, and the Kings (obviously) aren't afraid of foreign players.

20. New York Knicks--Shawne Williams

Mainly to screw over Philly at 22/23. Seriously, though, as bad as they are, the Knicks can't use immediate help, and Shawne is a good development pick.

21. Phoenix--Shannon Brown

If none of their favorites are available, the Suns will probably look to fill their need here, which is an athletic combo guard who can shoot. I'd prefer Quincy Douby, but the Suns seem to like Shannon better.

22. Philadelphia (from N.J.)--Maurice Ager

If Shawne Williams is gone, they'll probably look for another swing, and Ager has been climbing the mock draft boards recently.

23. Philadelphia (from N.J.)--Cedric Simmons

He's got to go somewhere, right?

24. Memphis--Jordan Farmar

Jerry West isn't as inspiring on draft day as Ainge is, but he's every bit as unpredictable. Most likely, he'll 'reach' for a second-round-type prospect here.

25. Cleveland--Quincy Douby

Another combo guard.

26. Lakers--James White

Supposedly, the Lakers are enamored with him.

27. Phoenix--Oleksiy Pecherov

If they keep this pick, the Suns will be looking for someone they can stash in Europe for another year or two. Who knows, they might even look at Marcus Vinicius if Pecherov is gone.

28. Dallas--Bobby Jones

I think Jones will go in the 30-40 range. He offers a little help immediately, and his upside (Bruce Bowen) will entice Avery Johnson. Most importantly, the Mavs finally seem to be set at center.

29. New York Knicks--Hassan Adams

Lute Olsen will be calling in favors--it looks bad for the program if Hassan crashes and burns right out of college. Isiah is familiar with the UA and could use an effort guy to replace Trevor Ariza.

30. Portland--Paul Davis

They could stand to have another center in development, in case something happens with Przybilla.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:51 PM   #2
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatSunsFan
I've got one trade, Philly/NJ. Short explanations only.

1. Toronto--Andrea Bargnani

Bryan Colangelo is trying to trade down, but he'll keep his promise to Bargnani one way or the other. Since there isn't a clear #1 anyway, I doubt the other franchises in the top 5 will be intimidated into giving up value.

2. Chicago--LaMarcus Aldridge

Lots of question marks, but projects to fill a need for Chicago, unlike any of the SFs.

3. Charlotte--Brandon Roy

Bickerstaff and MJ both hate potential, so I can see them picking Roy even though he refused to work out for them.

4. Portland--Adam Morrison

The obvious pick if he's still available.

5. Atlanta--Sheldon Williams

Not good for the Suns as he'll contribute immediately, but the rumored Atlanta/Houston trade is even worse. If Roy is gone, there's no reason for the Rockets to move up.

6. Minnesota--Tyrus Thomas

McHale is the GM most likely to be picking off others' draft boards IMO.

7. Boston--Ronnie Brewer

Ainge is a good scout, and he's unpredictable. He already showed with Gerald Green that hes not afraid of drafting a cripple.

8. Houston--Marcus Williams

I don't know whether they'd pass up Rudy Gay if he dropped, but they could definitely use a replacement for Skip Alston.

9. Golden State--Patrick O'Bryant

Puts former phenom Andris Biedrins on notice that its time to shape up and start producing, because hes only a couple years away from joining his best buds Zarko and Skita on a bench somewhere in Europe.

10. Seattle--Rudy Gay

BPA, and also a need pick, as Rashard Lewis is already shopping for another team.

11. Orlando--Randy Foye

The Magic supposedly like him.

12. New Orleans--Rodney Carney

Rumor has it they made a promise to Hilton Armstrong at 15, so they'll probably look for the best swingman left at #12.

13. New Jersey (from Philadelphia)--Alexander Johnson

If N.J. makes this trade, they're looking for a big man, but I don't know how they rank all of the prospects. If it turns out like this, they're looking at a choice of Johnson, Armstrong and Cedric Simmons.

14. Utah--J.J. Redick

So inevitable, it's hard to believe it won't happen. Redick is the perfect fit for Utah, as he's both painfully white-bread and intensely unlikeable. Also, they need a shooter, and with Deron Williams able to defense both guard spots, they'll be able to hide Redick a little on that end.

15. New Orleans--Hilton Armstrong

The promise pick.

16. Chicago--Sear Sene

Again, it's hard to project players for Chicago because they have so few needs. Thabo Sefolosha is another guy they might look at here.

17. Indiana--Rajon Rondo

Anthony Johnson won't hold up forever.

18. Washington--Sergio Rodriguez

Just to screw the Suns over, no other reason.

19. Sacramento--Thabo Sefolosha

The Kings could use a big, but I expect they won't keep Bonzi, so there's a spot open. Most of all, Sefolosha looks like the BPA here, and the Kings (obviously) aren't afraid of foreign players.

20. New York Knicks--Shawne Williams

Mainly to screw over Philly at 22/23. Seriously, though, as bad as they are, the Knicks can't use immediate help, and Shawne is a good development pick.

21. Phoenix--Shannon Brown

If none of their favorites are available, the Suns will probably look to fill their need here, which is an athletic combo guard who can shoot. I'd prefer Quincy Douby, but the Suns seem to like Shannon better.

22. Philadelphia (from N.J.)--Maurice Ager

If Shawne Williams is gone, they'll probably look for another swing, and Ager has been climbing the mock draft boards recently.

23. Philadelphia (from N.J.)--Cedric Simmons

He's got to go somewhere, right?

24. Memphis--Jordan Farmar

Jerry West isn't as inspiring on draft day as Ainge is, but he's every bit as unpredictable. Most likely, he'll 'reach' for a second-round-type prospect here.

25. Cleveland--Quincy Douby

Another combo guard.

26. Lakers--James White

Supposedly, the Lakers are enamored with him.

27. Phoenix--Oleksiy Pecherov

If they keep this pick, the Suns will be looking for someone they can stash in Europe for another year or two. Who knows, they might even look at Marcus Vinicius if Pecherov is gone.

28. Dallas--Bobby Jones

I think Jones will go in the 30-40 range. He offers a little help immediately, and his upside (Bruce Bowen) will entice Avery Johnson. Most importantly, the Mavs finally seem to be set at center.

29. New York Knicks--Hassan Adams

Lute Olsen will be calling in favors--it looks bad for the program if Hassan crashes and burns right out of college. Isiah is familiar with the UA and could use an effort guy to replace Trevor Ariza.

30. Portland--Paul Davis

They could stand to have another center in development, in case something happens with Przybilla.

This is the best mock draft I have seen so far. I thin k you have really done your research. The one correction that needs to be made is that recently Hassan Adams broke his foot. This will definitely hurt his stock. Other than that, stellar mock draft. You even picked James White to go the Lakers. Good work. I'll tell you this much: the Bulls are gonna be nice next year.

Kirk Hinrich
Ben Gordon
Andres Nocioni
Lamarcus Aldridge
Muhammad Saer Sene

That's and exciting team to watch. I hope the Saer Sene fulfills his potential in the pros.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:47 PM   #3
Unregistered

As a bulls fan i really like Tyrus Thomas just becuase i think he fits our team much better then Aldridge. I think he is way more intense of a player , and he is a mean player unlike Aldridge. Thomas has a mean streak.I say bulls take Thomas with the 2nd pick and either Sene or Shannon Brown with the 16th pick , both energetic players who can come in an help the team out right away.They bring athleticism an hard work an thats waht Paxson likes.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:31 AM   #4
The REAL Next KNICK
Serious playground baller

The REAL Next KNICK has no real reputation yet.

cedic simmons is a top 15 pick, he wouldnt drop that far, if he does i want ny to take him at 20
The REAL Next KNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:43 AM   #5
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

Simmons was unbelievable on his 28 point game against Duke. When I watched that game was when I realized how good he actually was.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:58 AM   #6
The REAL Next KNICK

i saw his workout in my mind he is a top 10 pick but look at what happened to gerald green, anything can happen
Old 06-27-2006, 01:01 AM   #7
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

Does anyone know how Gerald Green did last year?
Old 06-27-2006, 01:39 AM   #8
The REAL Next KNICK

showed up at his best at the end of the season
Old 06-27-2006, 01:52 AM   #9
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

He might be another Jermain O'Neil where it might be his second team he dominates on. Thats why I think the NBA should make it 3 years in college like the NBA for the draft. The NBA would benefit and so would college BBall and so would the players who leave early (other than LeBron and Dwight Howard and the few special exceptions). The draft ratings would also go up and the only reason the players leave is cause they want the money which is very understandable but if you take away that option they are better off. What do y'all think about that?
Old 06-27-2006, 03:30 AM   #10
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

lowblok has an OK reputation so far

The Bulls don't need a work in progress center if they give Schenser a chance to develop.
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:39 AM   #11
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

nj could get johnson at 23, why would they do that with Philly

they'd take armstrong if they got up there...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:51 AM   #12
The REAL Next KNICK

Knicks wouldnt pass up williams but i like adams at 29, i just wish shannon brown, ager, or collins would drop at 29
Old 06-27-2006, 11:53 AM   #13
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

Shannon Brown has zero chance of dropping to 29. If he drops at all he will drop no further than 27 where the Suns would send in their card with his name on it the second after they are on the clock.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: