Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default I don't eat enough fruit, so...

... I'm going to start a new policy of eating blueberries and strawberries everyday. I'll have a banana every two days and an apple and orange maybe once a month.

Is this a good start?

What is your fruit consumption like?
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
alenleomessi
hey girl

alenleomessi posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryalenleomessi posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: I don't eat enough fruit, so...

yeah i should start doing this too
right now im at like one banana and one orange a week
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
yeah i should start doing this too
right now im at like one banana and one orange a week

The tart taste of blueberries is amazing.

I have a newfound love for them. They're also great in a smoothie with greek yogurt.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #4
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool

I used to eat a bunch of fruit every day, but I felt that I was getting way too much sugar. I eat a Banana and an Orange every day and I replaced all the fruits with veggies. Berries are really good for you though. If you can afford eating them every day then go for it.
Is He Ill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I adhere to the "at least two a day" rule on workdays. Apples and bananas only, I can't be bothered with anything that requires more of an effort. If guavas were more trendy here I would add those to the rotation.

Not even to be healthy. I need snacks throughout the day, fruit makes for a hasslefree snack.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #6
enayes
Decent college freshman

enayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat cool

I buy huge bags of frozen fruit and use them for smoothies. Since the fruit is frozen you don't have to worry about adding ice, just through some OJ/juice in there and maybe some yogurt and you are good to go.

Been doing this for the last 5 years. I love smoothies.
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #7
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have a handful of blueberries every morning, usually on top of cereal, oatmeal or yogurt. I have an orange @ 10 am and an apple as an afternoon snack @ 3 pm.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #8
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Did you know that strawberries are not actually berries, but a banana is?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #9
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic

Is He Ill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #10
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputation

Quote:

funny you mention that, cus my cousin just told me this the other night. Was surprised to say the least.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #11
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

I eat berries with breakfast every day (usually blueberries), and then two pieces of fruit during the day (typically oranges, apples, pears or bananas).

I don't do it because it's healthy, I just really like the taste, and I need some energy in between meals at work.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #12
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #13
alenleomessi
hey girl

alenleomessi posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryalenleomessi posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
i bet she eats a lot of fruits and vegetables
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #14
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Most "berries" are not true botanical berries.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #15
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

I've read black raspberries are little cancer-fighting badasses... even stronger than their red counterparts. I'm going to throw them into the rotation.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: